**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »

Yes, to test the changes between Sept. 5-11 you would need to have left the points in the mastery since the ability to purchase it has been locked since Aug. 31. Sorry for the confusion!

We are trying to Rank Up mastery - not purchase. It’s supposed to be working
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    When will we be able to place points in MD? It’s asking for a level 99 summoner as a requirement.
    4dah19f39wcv.jpeg

That's my question above your post. It's not clear if we were supposed to leave the points there in order to test them before they remove all our points from MD and refund us mystic core purchase resources on the 11th, or if they were supposed to unlock the 99lvl requirement to play with MD before the 11th with the update today.

Yes, to test the changes between Sept. 5-11 you would need to have left the points in the mastery since the ability to purchase it has been locked since Aug. 31. Sorry for the confusion!

I’m not sure there is confusion. The announcement read a particular way and the vast majority of the player base understood it that same way. Then the game team implemented the “test week” in a way that was never communicated to the player base. Where precisely in the announcement does it say that players cannot add MD points during the “test week” to levels previously purchased?

Is apology all the game team can do at this point? Surely there is a way to allow the testing that was promised in the initial announcement (either this week or in a subsequent week) to a mastery that was important enough to have its own beta testing.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    They said it would be locked after the 31st. That means you would have to have them placed.
  • Options
    AshersbashersAshersbashers Posts: 26
    edited September 2018
    We've had two recent updates, including just minutes ago, and still I have no access to MD.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra I don't want take a confrontational tone with you, because you're probably a bit stressed with this situation. But please could someone clarify HOW we are supposed to regain access to MD? And maybe, when?

Also, was the possibility of gamers Recovering Mastery Points seems to have been forgotten or not planned for. Hence, why so many of us now have zero points in MD. How are we players supposed to overcome this?

Without MD, this game is completely broken for me. I'm not even a great player, just someone who's patiently built up my champs, over years, so this is a big deal. I even patiently unlocked and then duped 4* Unstoppable Colossus.

I accepted the neutering of Doctor Strange, but this really is hard to take.
  • Options
    They said it would be locked after the 31st. That means you would have to have them placed.

Here’s the quote: “On August 31, we will lock the ability to purchase any more levels of MD...”

Care to revise your comment?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I thought you quit yesterday.

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase. Each time you place a Mastery Point, that's a purchase. It's also unlocked using purchases of Cores. (Technically, it's leasing, but I think that explanation would further confuse the issue.) Placing Points in Masteries is considered purchasing. There are costs associated to support that. Some costs have been removed, as in the case of Recovery.
    If they had to take a snapshot and gather data from testing, it had to be frozen because it would have to be a controlled test. It would be too hard to keep track of people switching all the time.
  • Options
    Snizzbar wrote: »

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase.

If they were clear there wouldn't have been such an easily avoidable misunderstanding.

How is it easy to predict what everyone is going to assume and act based on that assumption? They post the information as best they can. I don't think they're responsible for everyone assuming they'll be able to shift after the freeze.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase. Each time you place a Mastery Point, that's a purchase. It's also unlocked using purchases of Cores. (Technically, it's leasing, but I think that explanation would further confuse the issue.) Placing Points in Masteries is considered purchasing. There are costs associated to support that. Some costs have been removed, as in the case of Recovery.
    If they had to take a snapshot and gather data from testing, it had to be frozen because it would have to be a controlled test. It would be too hard to keep track of people switching all the time.

Since the inception of class masteries, I can say with confidence that I’ve never heard someone reference “purchasing” or “buying” or “selling” levels of MD or any other mastery they previously unlocked. I’ve heard “adding points,” “placing points,” “reallocating points,” and “removing points.” I’ve heard “dropping MD” and “adding MD,” but I’ve never heard “purchasing MD” or “make more purchases in MD” when a player decides to put points back into MD.

You’d have to read the statement from Miike in a way that is at odds with the way pretty much everyone talks about the game and has talked about the game for years. And that’s the root of the problem: if the game team were in touch with the player base, they would be invested in the way players talk about the game.

But they’re not. Why is anyone’s guess.

Dr. Zola

• Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    I cannot understand how anyone can defend the way this change is being executed. The communication was not clear and now many have no way to test the new version of MD. So now you just have to hope you like the changes if you elect to “purchase” mystic dispersion back to pre-change levels. Just...wow.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

They were clear, but the minsunderstanding came from the use of the word purchase.

If they were clear there wouldn't have been such an easily avoidable misunderstanding.

How is it easy to predict what everyone is going to assume and act based on that assumption? They post the information as best they can. I don't think they're responsible for everyone assuming they'll be able to shift after the freeze.

It's easy to predict what everyone is going to assume when you use clear and precise English and you actually say what you mean.

They said what they meant. You can no longer purchase Mystic Dispersion. It's frozen. As I said, placing Points is making a purchase. There's a reason you have to pay to place them. That's because it's a purchase.
    Would there be less confusion if they had said: "Warning: Your current Points will be frozen after August 31st."? Sure. They can't predict people won't interpret it for what it is.
  • Options
    Flagging every comment I make is not what it's for, and it's not going to accomplish anything.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Greetings Summoners,

A number of you have given us feedback on the method in which we have locked down the Mystic Dispersion Mastery, and how this has left some of you unable to actually test the new Mystic Dispersion before the changes are live. Originally, this was done in order to ensure that no Summoner would be able to purchase more Mystic Mastery Cores following the Lock Date of Mystic Dispersion on August 31st , and potentially miss out on the resource refund since only the Mystic Mastery Cores owned by the time we took the snapshot would be refunded.

After discussing your feedback, the team was able to come up with some additional precautions that we can take to ensure that nothing like that occurs, and are happy to say that we are going to be re-enabling Mystic Dispersion for you all to be able to rank into and test.

You can Rank it up as normal. Unlocking new Ranks costs Cores like always, but you won’t be able to buy new cores. If you only had Rank 3 of Mystic Dispersion unlocked before, you will still only be able to go to Rank 3. If you also happened to have enough cores in your inventory to unlock Rank 4, you will be able to do that, and still receive a refund for those Cores as well.

However, if you have found a Mystic Core since Mystic Dispersion was locked, and you use it to Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, that core will not be refunded as it was acquired following August 31st.

Remember, it is not currently free to redo your Masteries, but it will be for a period of 1 week starting on September 11th (after the scheduled maintenance).

You should see this change live within 1 hour.

@Kabam Zibiit Thank you!
  • Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Thanks for making this right.
  • Options
    CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Awesome adjustment. Thanks @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Thank you
  • Options
    AFOMANAFOMAN Posts: 12
    Thank you, this is appreciated
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    @Kabam Zibiit, thank you very much, to you and the other mods, who've taken this group decision. Its much appreciated.
  • Options
    EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    However, if you have found a Mystic Core since Mystic Dispersion was locked, and you use it to Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, that core will not be refunded as it was acquired following August 31st.

So any Mystic Cores we might find today in the Mystic Daily Quest will not be refunded?
  • Options
    Fantastic @Kabam Zibiit much appreciated!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AjitmoAjitmo Posts: 10
    edited September 2018
    Is the fix live now to place points back In MD?
  • Options
    Ebbtide wrote: »

So any Mystic Cores we might find today in the Mystic Daily Quest will not be refunded?

If you find them today, they won't be refunded, but you'll still have them UNLESS you spend them!
This discussion has been closed.