**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.

Because you didn’t buy them with units on THAT account. It’s not fair to give you basically free units. This is the most fair way to refund these cores.

It's not like giving free units at all. The person who gifted it paid units right. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the gifting events around Christmas but then tend to cause a gifting commerce. You usually gift on an equal basis. Someone had to pay units whether gifted or not. These items were paid for and they are now being recalled by the manufacturer. I know you may not be affected by this but it is a big deal. We could have just purchased the cores but kabam has an event that encourages gifting.

In no way should the function of gifting change the value of the item. The item was purchased with units

I have been around for both Christmas gifting events as well as the Chinese new year’s ones. You’re missing the point. It would be unfair to give someone units for a gift. It would be impossible to tell if the recipient of the cores gifted back the same exact of items to units. This is the most fair way to do it.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.

Because you didn’t buy them with units on THAT account. It’s not fair to give you basically free units. This is the most fair way to refund these cores.

It's not like giving free units at all. The person who gifted it paid units right. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the gifting events around Christmas but then tend to cause a gifting commerce. You usually gift on an equal basis. Someone had to pay units whether gifted or not. These items were paid for and they are now being recalled by the manufacturer. I know you may not be affected by this but it is a big deal. We could have just purchased the cores but kabam has an event that encourages gifting.

In no way should the function of gifting change the value of the item. The item was purchased with units

I have been around for both Christmas gifting events as well as the Chinese new year’s ones. You’re missing the point. It would be unfair to give someone units for a gift. It would be impossible to tell if the recipient of the cores gifted back the same exact of items to units. This is the most fair way to do it.

You are missing the point. Units were spent so units should be refunded.it is irrelevant whether or not the gifting was equal. It was purchased with units. Kabam encourages gifting with these events. Those who participated by recieving gifting cores are being penalized by not being refunded in the same currency as purchased. Even if some one gifted a core just 'because' it was still purchased with units. The item is being recalled and they are discriminating against people who use a function put in the game. I'm sure no one who has given a gift would desire or expect its value to change.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

You are missing the point. Units were spent so units should be refunded.it is irrelevant whether or not the gifting was equal. It was purchased with units. Kabam encourages gifting with these events. Those who participated by recieving gifting cores are being penalized by not being refunded in the same currency as purchased. Even if some one gifted a core just 'because' it was still purchased with units. The item is being recalled and they are discriminating against people who use a function put in the game. I'm sure no one who has given a gift would desire or expect its value to change.

If someone was gifted Cores, that's what they were given. Not Units.

They were gifted cores purchased with units. Kabam is recalling their product and refunding peoples mystic cores with the currency they were purchased with the exception of those that came in gifts. 'Why is that' is the question. Why are these people who were gifted being punished. Why are the value of gifts given being changed. Gifting is a function of the game that is further encouraged with events so there should be no change in value. The refund should be as if i myself paid for the cores from the store.
    edited September 2018

They were gifted cores purchased with units. Kabam is recalling their product and refunding peoples mystic cores with the currency they were purchased with the exception of those that came in gifts. 'Why is that' is the question. Why are these people who were gifted being punished. Why are the value of gifts given being changed. Gifting is a function of the game that is further encouraged with events so there should be no change in value. The refund should be as if i myself paid for the cores from the store.

No. When someone makes a purchase of Cores and Gifts them, that's not the same as giving Units.
    There is also the obvious fact that Resources are not meant to be transferrable like that. How many people Gifted to their Alts? Essentially, it would be transferring from one Account to the next in a way that's not meant to happen.

No. When someone makes a purchase of Units and Gifts them, that's not the same as giving Units.

You are correct it is not the same as gifting units. That is not the matter at hand. They are gifting an item they purchased for you for 30 units. If kabam is recalling the cores and giving people the currency it was purchased with, shouldn't it still be worth the 30 units that were spent to purchase it. I didnt ask for mystic dispersion to change. This is a change and recall that it out of my hands. Shouldn't i get the value of the item at the purchase price just like everyone else. I never would have gifted otherwise so why should i or anyone who recieved a gifted core not be given the same currency as it was purchased with.

No. When someone makes a purchase of Units and Gifts them, that's not the same as giving Units.

You are correct it is not the same as gifting units. That is not the matter at hand. They are gifting an item they purchased for you for 30 units. If kabam is recalling the cores and giving people the currency it was purchased with, shouldn't it still be worth the 30 units that were spent to purchase it. I didnt ask for mystic dispersion to change. This is a change and recall that it out of my hands. Shouldn't i get the value of the item at the purchase price just like everyone else. I never would have gifted otherwise so why should i or anyone who recieved a gifted core not be given the same currency as it was purchased with.

No it shouldn't. It's not a Return at a Department Store. It's a Gift. If you're given Cores, that's not the same as you making a purchase.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Is there anywhere a comparison on the 'effectiveness' of the new MD? Example: Level 5 of the new MD is roughly the same as level 3 of the old MD.

No it shouldn't. It's not a Return at a Department Store. It's a Gift. If you're given Cores, that's not the same as you making a purchase.

Correct again! I can tell you are full of insight on this matter. It is not like a return to a department store. It is like a mass recall on a product. I have talked about this in other posts and If you would like more information i suggest going back and reading them. Whether the core was gifted or purchased it cost units and it should be refunded units. The function of gifting should not change the value of the item.

It's not a Recall. They changed the way it functions. They're allowing people the opportunity to have what they put in back. If you yourself received a Gift of Cores, that doesn't entitle you to Units just because they were purchased with Units. If anything, it could POSSIBLY apply that the sender would be entitled to the Units back. However, I'm not sure that's even feasible. I understand quite well what you're saying. Receiving a Gift is not a purchase.

Correct again! I can tell you are full of insight on this matter. It is not like a return to a department store. It is like a mass recall on a product. I have talked about this in other posts and If you would like more information i suggest going back and reading them. Whether the core was gifted or purchased it cost units and it should be refunded units. The function of gifting should not change the value of the item.

It's not a Recall. They changed the way it functions. They're allowing people the opportunity to have what they put in back. If you yourself received a Gift of Cores, that doesn't entitle you to Units just because they were purchased with Units. If anything, it could POSSIBLY apply that the sender would be entitled to the Units back. However, I'm not sure that's even feasible. I understand quite well what you're saying. Receiving a Gift is not a purchase.

Why would the sender get units? I am not entitled to anything and no one is. The fact that kabam is refunding units to people who purchased with units is why i am advocating for this. Gifted cores were purchased with units. Why is the value being changed to loyalty Just because it was gifted. You are also right that recieving a gift is not a purchase. Some one purchases a gift for someone else to recieve. I'm sure it is the intent of any gifter that the full value of the item stay intact. Kabam is recalling the cores. When someone takes everything back which is what kabam is doing by relocking the masteries and refunding us, that is a recall.
    Gifting is not a returnable process in this game. Gifting Cores means the recipient receives Cores. Regardless of how the sender purchases them. What you're describing equates to transferring Units from one Account to another. How the sender would be entitled is because they are the ones that made the actual purchase.
    Gifting is not a returnable process in this game. Gifting Cores means the recipient receives Cores. Regardless of how the sender purchases them. What you're describing equates to transferring Units from one Account to another. How the sender would be entitled is because they are the ones that made the actual purchase.

You're on a roll! Gifting is not a returnable process in the game but kabam is making changes that warrant a recall and refund outside of normal game operation. There is no intent to use this as some transfer of units between accounts. This is about the value of an item and why gifts are being valued differently. Units were spent on them and units should be refunded for them. They recieve cores that were purchased With units.

You're on a roll! Gifting is not a returnable process in the game but kabam is making changes that warrant a recall and refund outside of normal game operation. There is no intent to use this as some transfer of units between accounts. This is about the value of an item and why gifts are being valued differently. Units were spent on them and units should be refunded for them. They recieve cores that were purchased With units.

The sender spent Units. Not the recipient. That's not hard to understand.

The spender purchased the item to give to the recipient. The value of that item should be the cost of the sender. It is not that hard to understand. It is a gift that is purchased. The intent of a gift is to give that full value to the recipient. This is kabams recall and change. The cost of the gift should be observed.
    edited September 2018

The spender purchased the item to give to the recipient. The value of that item should be the cost of the sender. It is not that hard to understand. It is a gift that is purchased. The intent of a gift is to give that full value to the recipient. This is kabams recall and change. The cost of the gift should be observed.

No, it shouldn't. It was a Gift. Not a purchase. If someone receives a Gift, that's not the same as receiving the Units used to purchase it. All Gifts are received as-is. It's not a Christmas Present that you can return with Receipt for the full value. If you're the recipient, YOU didn't spend anything.
    You keep calling it a Recall, but that's not what it is. It's not as if it's a defective product being recalled. They're making changes to how it functions. In turn, they're allowing people to be compensated and decide for themselves if they want to continue using it or not. The means that someone purchased the Gift does not matter to the person who received it.
    I'm over trying to explain it because it's just getting nowhere. It's not the same as you buying the Cores for Units.

No, it shouldn't. It was a Gift. Not a purchase. If someone receives a Gift, that's not the same as receiving the Units used to purchase it. All Gifts are received as-is. It's not a Christmas Present that you can return with Receipt for the full value. If you're the recipient, YOU didn't spend anything.
    You keep calling it a Recall, but that's not what it is. It's not as if it's a defective product being recalled. They're making changes to how it functions. In turn, they're allowing people to be compensated and decide for themselves if they want to continue using it or not. The means that someone purchased the Gift does not matter to the person who received it.
    I'm over trying to explain it because it's just getting nowhere. It's not the same as you buying the Cores for Units.

Again you are correct it is not like christmas present you can return to the store. It is like a recall when it is being force refunded and changed. They agreed to refund people the way it was purchased. Except if someone purchased it for you as a gift. Why are the gifts changing value. They cost units. Whether the recipient purchased them with units or not that item cost units paid by someone. Its refund should therefore be in units. Yes they are relocking the masteries and changing how it functions . It is a recall they are taking back things and refunding them. The old md was defective and kabam relocked everything and is giving refunds.
    It wasn't defective. It wasn't even bugged. It was changed is all. We're going to have to agree to disagree because this is just going in circles. They're giving Loyalty. Considering the fact that people who received a Gift didn't spend anything at all for the Cores, there's little to dispute on that side.

It wasn't defective. It wasn't even bugged. It was changed is all. We're going to have to agree to disagree because this is just going in circles. They're giving Loyalty. Considering the fact that people who received a Gift didn't spend anything at all for the Cores, there's little to dispute on that side.

Of course it was defective why else would they change it. They decided it was not good for the game and had to be modified ergo it was defective. There was something wrong with itand it unbalanced the game. People who had it gifted to them had someone spend money for them. Would you really give a gift and then be ok with someone arbitrarily devalueing the gift You gave.would you not intend for the person you sent the gift to to be entitled to the full purchase price value.
    I literally don't have the energy to explain it any further. You seem to be going on your own interpretation. Best of luck.
  • Guys I want to make a point here that it is going to definitely affect the spite node plus bleed node in Aw if we make this change, normally when we evade the dexterity triggers precision and we move forward it disappears but if u have this precision buff for a longer duration am sure this causes the powergain on the defender just for no reason, unless am wrong or if I have misunderstood the change , kabam please check if this would be the case
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit , you agree with my above explanation?
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Now when I parry king groot and one fury buff disappears, it doesn't trigger MD. Is this correct?
  • Rogers888Rogers888 Posts: 18
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Now when I parry king groot and one fury buff disappears, it doesn't trigger MD. Is this correct?

Should be because it did not expire or nullified by you, something with medusa auto block as they already explained.
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    I want me ag and materials I used on dorm for defence back, rdt for mystic and my mystic aq bck if this doesn’t happen I won’t be ever spending another penny on this game and I’m sure other will do that same and this will cause the game to fail so Kabam I hope u listen and given use stuff back
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Guys I want to make a point here that it is going to definitely affect the spite node plus bleed node in Aw if we make this change, normally when we evade the dexterity triggers precision and we move forward it disappears but if u have this precision buff for a longer duration am sure this causes the powergain on the defender just for no reason, unless am wrong or if I have misunderstood the change , kabam please check if this would be the case

It is for a short duration and it expires. Much better than before if you fight spite node. When you try to bait a special, before your precision buff went away only when you hit the guy (your interpretation: "we move forward"). Now it goes away by itself.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Ok everyone QQ’ing about RDT. I think What needs to happen is Kabam have a Mystic RD store. Meaning if people are seriously wanting to use RDT on their mystics and not just wanting a generic RDT they can buy specific star level/rank/named RDT’s. And can only go down to the rank that used higher resources. Meaning r3 for 5*’s and r4 for 4*’s

Example
    Magik 5* rank 5-4-3
    Dorm 4* rank 5-4

This would prevent people from using it let’s say SL to rank up Sparky. Or many other options now that better and better defenseive champs are coming.

Or a generic one that specifically says if used on champs other than mystics you get half the T4B/CC, 1/3rd of the T2A you used, and no T1A. Then we can watch as people who cried for them to “rank down my mystics that suck now” come here asking why they didn’t get all the skill/mutant T4CC so they could rank up Korg/Frost. I would really find that funny.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    indeed RTD for mystic character only give you back T4cc to use again on another mystic so the real deal are the T2a or the T5b
This discussion has been closed.