**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should the current Max Summoner level cap be raised?

MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
edited July 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I think it's about time to raise the Max Summoner level cap.

Raise the max summoner level cap from 60 to as high as 70 or 75.

Rewards for reaching each level could be:
Quest energy goes up by 1.
All Catalyst capacities goes up by 1.
One mastery point is awarded
75 units are awarded
300k gold is awarded
1 T4BC is awarded

For every 5th level reached (i.e. 65, 70, and 75) a T4CC Crystal is awarded

I don't know but we've been stagnating long enough at level max summoner cap level of 60. I say it's time to step it up maybe 10, or 15 levels.

Should the current Max Summoner level cap be raised? 239 votes

No, leave it at level 60
8% 21 votes
Yes, raise the cap to level 65.
4% 10 votes
Yes, raise the cap to level 70.
24% 59 votes
Yes, raise the cap to level 75.
10% 24 votes
Yes, raise the cap to level 80.
52% 125 votes

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    I have only been playing for 6 months but goven i am already at lvl 55 i can see how long term players will have been at lvl 60 for long time... certainly dont think more mastery points should be given unless some new masteries were added.. and that would also be good as then there may be some more diversity anf options as to how to build you masteries...
    My vote isnt showing on my comment but i vote for lvl 70
  • MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    I have only been playing for 6 months but goven i am already at lvl 55 i can see how long term players will have been at lvl 60 for long time... certainly dont think more mastery points should be given unless some new masteries were added.. and that would also be good as then there may be some more diversity anf options as to how to build you masteries...
    My vote isnt showing on my comment but i vote for lvl 70

So far we are off to a good start but please keep in mind that this meant to be an anonymous poll. There is no need to announce what you voted for and why but I see no harm in doing so. if you want to post what you voted for and why then please feel free to do so.

• FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    Imagen the grinding needed to get to 80 ? At least we could then use all the XP Boosts
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    This discussion comes up in MMORPGs a lot. The benefits are obvious, we all like leveling, getting stronger, and working towards a goal. However, there are so down sides.

It's a temporary fix. Even if they make the last few levels sooooo long that it almost never feels like you're making progress, we're still going to hit the new level cap before too long. Then we're right back where we started.

It messes up the endgame content. Once a level cap has been established, then the devs of a game can start adding more and more content designed for the top players. Move the cap, and people who enjoyed playing Realm of Legends will suddenly find it too easy. Then they have to come with more high end content, which just puts things back to where they are now, with the highest level players playing content that was made for them.

The best thing is to make content that maxed players can do multiple times.
  • RaversRavers Posts: 9
    I start mcoc 18 days ago and i'm lvl 41 so yes, raise the cap to level 80.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★

JasonMBryant Posts: 63Member

11:18AM

This discussion comes up in MMORPGs a lot. The benefits are obvious, we all like leveling, getting stronger, and working towards a goal. However, there are so down sides.

It's a temporary fix. Even if they make the last few levels sooooo long that it almost never feels like you're making progress, we're still going to hit the new level cap before too long. Then we're right back where we started.

It messes up the endgame content. Once a level cap has been established, then the devs of a game can start adding more and more content designed for the top players. Move the cap, and people who enjoyed playing Realm of Legends will suddenly find it too easy. Then they have to come with more high end content, which just puts things back to where they are now, with the highest level players playing content that was made for them.

I agree and disagree....

When they increased from level 50-60 there wasn't as many quest or acts to do. So now hat they have added items like ROL and LOL, Act5 the time has come to increase summoner levels.

I have been level 60 since January 2016 and in that time between the nerf's and added game content plus all the new champions that could/do require different mastery set ups, Kabam is behind on levels

so yes please increase them
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    they don't care what their players want anyway. Everyone wants to increase their levels and still there's no response about this.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    My lord why does it take Kabam years just to do simple things that would satisfy their customers. Either laziness or they don't care! There is no other excuse for this, the game will be shutdown before they introduce bases, increase level cap, etc...Why do we get 2 champs a month that many can't play with until 6 months later...6 MONTHS!...While a game like Marvel Future Fight drops 10 characters a month that you can play with and test out the first day. Kabam get your s**t together!
    NDK13 wrote: »
    they don't care what their players want anyway. Everyone wants to increase their levels and still there's no response about this.

That's true, sad but true. Honestly, if it does not make them money then they care little about it. It's up to us to get the word out and tell them what we want to see happen to the future of this game. I mean if enough of us (as a community) are vocal in telling them what we want to see done then maybe, just maybe, we will finally be heard. If not today, tomorrow, or sometime in the near future they have to listen to us because we as a community of gamers have the power. You can never be heard if you are afraid to speak up even if there is a high likely hood that they do not care to listen.

I have been playing this game for almost 3 years now and it has been almost 2 years since the last time Summoner level Advancement cap was raised. With the recent inclusion of Act 5, I say it is about time to raise the Summoner level Advancement cap another 10 or 15 level.

Hey Everybody,

Thank you for the constructive debate on Level Caps. While we do intend to raise the cap in the future, we don't have any plans to do so in the near future. We have said before that all of our content is currently tuned to the Mastery Points and stats that Players currently have, with top end content geared towards the Level 60 summoners.

We also don't currently have any plans to release any more mastery points, since we do want players to have to pick and choose carefully which Masteries they'd like to use, and to create diverse strategies for masteries.

But again, that might change in the future!

What about additional quest energy?
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★

The best thing is to make content that causes the game to evolve. Like what this thread is suggesting. The game needs longevity, not a stale 4 year run where you're maxed level.

The cap we currently have keeps us challenged for RttL, RoL, LoL. Those are the CURRENT end game content. With adding more levels and mastery points, you are correct, the devs would have to make more endgame content.... but they ALREADY HAVE TO DO THAT, because of all the ENDGAME PLAYERS CURRENTLY.

In essence, you're arguing to have the game remain as is, for its full run.
    This thread wants the game to progress and evolve past its current form.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I think it should end at 100. It's slowly going up every few versions.
    It's slowly going up every few versions.

False. Where did you even get that idea?
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Take the level to a flat 100
    K1lltastic wrote: »

True. It used to be 50. They increased it to 60 with 12.0. They'll probably go 70 by version 20.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

True. It used to be 50. They increased it to 60 with 12.0. They'll probably go 70 by version 20.

What? The cap was set to level 60 way before 12.0 dude.

Absolutely false.

It had been 60 WAY before 12.0.

Your posts show just how new to the game you are, bud.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    to 70 because they need to have time to fix the bugs.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    With current amount of mastery they should have given us 65 lvl. Bcaz the new assasin tree release needed atleast 1 pt to put in each. In future if they want to release new mastery they really should increase the avalable pt by [5+ future number of mastery they release].

What? The cap was set to level 60 way before 12.0 dude.

Sorry, wrong update.

Absolutely false.

It had been 60 WAY before 12.0.

Your posts show just how new to the game you are, bud.

I'm not new, I said the wrong version. I've been around for about two years. They said when it was released that they'd keep the cap updates coming every once in awhile.
    This isn't the first time I've seen you post blatantly false info as correct, or true.

I just chose to call you out this time.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    This isn't the first time I've seen you post blatantly false info as correct, or true.

@CrusherOfDreams is right. It was lvl 50 cap someday. But forgot the version.
    edited July 2017
    TheSOURA wrote: »

Crusher of dreams is right. It was lvl 50 cap someday. But forgot the version.

Reading comprehension, kiddo. "The guy who admitted he was wrong is right" How stupid does that sound?

He blatantly said 12.0. He is wrong. I have played from the beginning, and I know when the 50 cap was there. That is my point. He has done this on countless occasions on this forum, and I called him out on it this time.

It's not hard to follow, if you, you know, READ THE REPLIES.

Quote me. Go ahead.
    TheSOURA wrote: »

Crusher of dreams is right. It was lvl 50 cap someday. But forgot the version.

Reading comprehension, kiddo. "The guy who admitted he was wrong is right" How stupid does that sound?

He blatantly said 12.0. He is wrong. I have played from the beginning, and I know when the 50 cap was there. That is my point. He has done this on countless occasions on this forum, and I called him out on it this time.

It's not hard to follow, if you, you know, READ THE REPLIES.

Quote me then. If there's so many examples, it shouldn't be hard to find one. Go ahead. Give me an example.
    edited July 2017
    I will from now on. This was the beginning. I won't waste more of my day than necessary showing you your falsities and lies.