**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    With the new dexterity change I’ve noticed that it now interacts a little differently with the burden of might node. This is the node where you get power drained each time a buff expires. With the dexterity change it now power drains you twice, once when you land a hit and again at the end of the dexterity duration. It’s basically registering as 2 buffs even though it can only have 1 stack. Is this intentional or a possible bug? Found this on the detention quest in uncollected difficulty.
  • Noname54Noname54 Posts: 58
    So ? no RDT !?!
  • bryce7mbryce7m Posts: 84
    We definitely should get back 1 mystic RDT and 1 generic awakening 5* star gem replacing the one used for mystic champion
  • There's no way an entire Class of Champs depends on MD to be useful.

It's about defenders, and yes they do depend on MD to be BETTER than most defenders in the game. Comparison for reference:
    Dormamu vs modok ( why are they considered good defenders) :smile:
    Dorm has a chance to degen each time you use a buff. Makes him a good defender.
    Modok has autoblock every 7 seconds. Makes him a good defender.

Now dorm with md has specials that you can evade, and you also evade during the course of the fight as you would in a normal fight. ( Not considering the fact that you evade less against mystic defs to not trigger MD). That made him a GREAT defender.

Now consider with modok if hitting his block would generate him more power than usual, how OP would he be with that extra power? That would make him a GREAT defender.

So yes, it plays in integral part in enhancing the mystic defenders. No they depend on MD to be good defenders. But they do depend on MD to be GREAT defenders.

And with higher tier wars, it's only the great defenders that get kills and not the good ones

Excellent answer, totally agree with you.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @ESF had some great ideas for what kind of criteria could be used to determine compensation for certain players beyond refunding mystic mastery cores and in-game resources used to purchase them:
    ESF wrote: »
    Just off the top of my head, here is stuff that could be done for the most affected users:

1. If you placed an R4 or R5 Mystic defender during the last season of Alliance War AND you had points active in Mystic Dispersion, you are eligible for one Rank Down Ticket for the character that was placed. Period. That ticket gives you the Cats, not the gold. You are only eligible for one ticket. Period.
    2. If you awakened a mystic character that you placed on defense with a gem, then you have the choice of taking EITHER the Awakening Gem OR the rank down ticket. Not both. Because you used the character.
    3. If you use the rank down ticket, you forfeit the next opportunity to get another Rank Down Ticket, if there is another opportunity. No gifts for Christmas, etc.
    See?

This stuff can be discussed and done.

A single 5* mystic RDT (possibly champion specific) would do wonders for Kabam’s customer service reputation. Same for refunding a single 5* generic/class awakening gem, same goes for 5* signature stones but getting those back don’t matter nearly as much as AGs.

Demanding RDTs and AGs refunds for multiple mystic champions is overkill. This is the only situation since 12.0 where refunding certain kinds of in-game resources or issuing compensation is common sense. Kabam knows this, that’s why they’re refunding mystic mastery cores or in-game resources used to acquire them. It makes sense for Kabam to keep an eye on certain mystic champions like Dormammu and Juggernaut, whatever decision is made will set the precedent for all future MCOC situations similar to this one.

Player feedback on mystic AW defenders effectiveness will be worth taking into consideration. We know this game well enough to understand things that Kabam employees do not. For example, the old MD/Dexterity interaction made champions like Dormammu very difficult as AW defenders. Saying the new dexterity mechanics might make Dormammu a more effective AW defender because Dormammu’s signature ability now has more of a chance to trigger is incorrect.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    There's no way an entire Class of Champs depends on MD to be useful.

It's about defenders, and yes they do depend on MD to be BETTER than most defenders in the game. Comparison for reference:

Now dorm with md has specials that you can evade, and you also evade during the course of the fight as you would in a normal fight. ( Not considering the fact that you evade less against mystic defs to not trigger MD). That made him a GREAT defender.

Now consider with modok if hitting his block would generate him more power than usual, how OP would he be with that extra power? That would make him a GREAT defender.

So yes, it plays in integral part in enhancing the mystic defenders. No they depend on MD to be good defenders. But they do depend on MD to be GREAT defenders.

And with higher tier wars, it's only the great defenders that get kills and not the good ones

Better. They don't depend on them to function as they were meant to. It's an enhancement. People used it for insane Kills for a long time. The Champs aren't useless without it. They just generate Power differently while using it. If the enhancement changes, that doesn't mean the Champ needs to be thrown out, or the means to Rank someone else is automatically warranted.

"Used" it. You say used it as if it was a bug. It was not. It was a mastery that was paid for. People bought cores to max it out, and it was expensive to max. It was a great mastery for defense, and yes it was an influencing factor while ranking up mystic defenders.
    I have pointed out in my previous post that most mystic defenders are good, and need MD to be great. Now there are great defenders out there that don't require MD, so if you're meaning to rank up a great defender, you will look at all the things that make him great. I'll give you another comparison. Mephisto vs imiw:
    You hit Mephisto, there is a chance he'll get his aura of incineration. That gives him a power build up and you can't attack him because you'll get incinerated.( Considering you don't bring an incinerate immune). That makes him a good defender.

You hit imiw, there is a chance he gains Armor. He gains 4 armors and he can auto block. That makes him good. Those armors increase critical resistance by a lot. That means you won't be doing enough damage. The armors also make him bleed and poison immune, so damage over time doesn't work. This makes him great. Now when he reaches 15% health he has a burst of Armor that will give him power as long as the armors are active, that and the fact that the armors are passive make him excellent.

So if you couple mephisto with MD, aura of incineration will give him power, MD will give him power, the double power is what makes him great. Not excellent.

Now please understand that in a hypothetical scenario where I was gonna rank defenders ( I was not looking for attackers) MD played a major role in my decision . I could have waited for someone down the line who would have been an excellent defender rather than someone who would have only been good at the same point down the line.

We are not talking about counters to champs being introduced, that is bound to happen someday or the other and I understand that, but a mastery that was working as intended, doing what it should be doing , made war harder for players ( intended use) and kabam made money off of it too.

In an ideal fight, you shouldn't be getting hit. That is the main aim, what is the only unblockable attack in a fight? L3. So if something helps a champ to reach his l3 faster then yes it played a major role in the decision to rank up the champ. Removing that something decreased the champs value for ME. He may be useful to you but has no use for me. So if he is not serving the purpose which he was supposed to, due to a change by kabam, then rdts are in order
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

Better. They don't depend on them to function as they were meant to. It's an enhancement. People used it for insane Kills for a long time. The Champs aren't useless without it. They just generate Power differently while using it. If the enhancement changes, that doesn't mean the Champ needs to be thrown out, or the means to Rank someone else is automatically warranted.

"Used" it. You say used it as if it was a bug. It was not. It was a mastery that was paid for. People bought cores to max it out, and it was expensive to max. It was a great mastery for defense, and yes it was an influencing factor while ranking up mystic defenders.
    I have pointed out in my previous post that most mystic defenders are good, and need MD to be great. Now there are great defenders out there that don't require MD, so if you're meaning to rank up a great defender, you will look at all the things that make him great. I'll give you another comparison. Mephisto vs imiw:
    You hit Mephisto, there is a chance he'll get his aura of incineration. That gives him a power build up and you can't attack him because you'll get incinerated.( Considering you don't bring an incinerate immune). That makes him a good defender.

You hit imiw, there is a chance he gains Armor. He gains 4 armors and he can auto block. That makes him good. Those armors increase critical resistance by a lot. That means you won't be doing enough damage. The armors also make him bleed and poison immune, so damage over time doesn't work. This makes him great. Now when he reaches 15% health he has a burst of Armor that will give him power as long as the armors are active, that and the fact that the armors are passive make him excellent.

So if you couple mephisto with MD, aura of incineration will give him power, MD will give him power, the double power is what makes him great. Not excellent.

Now please understand that in a hypothetical scenario where I was gonna rank defenders ( I was not looking for attackers) MD played a major role in my decision . I could have waited for someone down the line who would have been an excellent defender rather than someone who would have only been good at the same point down the line.

We are not talking about counters to champs being introduced, that is bound to happen someday or the other and I understand that, but a mastery that was working as intended, doing what it should be doing , made war harder for players ( intended use) and kabam made money off of it too.

In an ideal fight, you shouldn't be getting hit. That is the main aim, what is the only unblockable attack in a fight? L3. So if something helps a champ to reach his l3 faster then yes it played a major role in the decision to rank up the champ. Removing that something decreased the champs value for ME. He may be useful to you but has no use for me. So if he is not serving the purpose which he was supposed to, due to a change by kabam, then rdts are in order

Used it means people elected to use it. It was optional. Not a requirement to use those Champions, and not necessary for their basic functioning.

Used it means people elected to use it. It was optional. Not a requirement to use those Champions, and not necessary for their basic functioning.

I'm sorry but if people used champs for their basic functioning then spider Gwen would be a great character. But champs aren't good just because they have a basic functioning.
    People used MD because it got more Kills in Defense. That isn't a statement to how those Champs perform overall, and it isn't an indication they need it to perform properly. That's just War strategy.
  • There's no way an entire Class of Champs depends on MD to be useful.

I'm sorry but if people used champs for their basic functioning then spider Gwen would be a great character. But champs aren't good just because they have a basic functioning.

Exactly, hope Kabam understood this simple truth
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Imagine how players would react if Blade's synergy with Ghost Rider was nerfed. No compensation beyond mystic cores for MD/dexterity being nerfed would mean Blade owners wouldn't receive compensation either, because synergies are not part of champions' basic functioning.

People used MD because it got more Kills in Defense. That isn't a statement to how those Champs perform overall, and it isn't an indication they need it to perform properly. That's just War strategy.

War "strategy", so you admit that it influenced their decision?

Imagine how players would react if Blade's synergy with Ghost Rider was nerfed. No compensation beyond mystic cores for MD/dexterity being nerfed would mean Blade owners wouldn't receive compensation either, because synergies are not part of champions' basic functioning.

Im thinking this certain guy thinks basic functioning means 5 hit combos and as long as a champ can do a 5 hit combo everything is fine I'm guessing.

Bet this is his reasoning for everything in the game.

No. The basic functionality of the individual Champs is the fundamental design. Their Abilities, Sig, Stats, etc. The unique characteristics of the Champs themsleves. Not basic controls.

War "strategy", so you admit that it influenced their decision?

I can't speak for them.

Im thinking this certain guy thinks basic functioning means 5 hit combos and as long as a champ can do a 5 hit combo everything is fine I'm guessing.

No. The basic functionality of the individual Champs is the fundamental design. Their Abilities, Sig, Stats, etc. The unique characteristics of the Champs themsleves. Not basic controls.

No please, no etc. No ambiguity this time, please elaborate what is the basic functionality of a champion.

No please, no etc. No ambiguity this time, please elaborate what is the basic functionality of a champion.

How is that ambiguous? The specific desgin of the individual Champs. What makes a BW a BW as opposed to a Blade. Their design. That's about as clear as it can be.

How is that ambiguous? The specific desgin of the individual Champs. What makes a BW a BW as opposed to a Blade. Their design. That's about as clear as it can be.

Bw is bw for 70% AAR. Blade gets most of his AAR from synergies, so would a nerf to his synergies be a nerf to his basic functionality?

Bw is bw for 70% AAR. Blade gets most of his AAR from synergies, so would a nerf to his synergies be a nerf to his basic functionality?

It's grey area because it's Synergies, but I would have to think about it. I was talking about more direct changes, like the ones we saw with 12.0. We haven't seen any like that since.
  • I’d not have r4 my Mephisto for defense and spent 4 T2As had I known MD was going away. These are hard to come by. Please consider a mystic RDT. I already have voodoo and magik and I took mephisto up only for defense. Check my account, I’ve never used him for attack. Love this game but with this change, my r3 5* Morningstar and mephisto both are going to take a hit on D
    I am on same situation, i will not keep new MD (not so good for defense but still great for attak). I ranked Mystics for defense with their interaction with MD, now i tested in war without MD and got 0 ko....My mystics are useless now.
    Please give us just 1 RDT mystic specific class !!!!!! How many times we need to asked you that kabam ?
    totally agree with you all. But why they continue to ignore us ? worst customers support really. never saw that anywhere
  • I don't understand why rank down tickets aren't a purchasable item anyway. There's really no way that this is game breaking and just helps players rank up champions they want. You could either make the ticket only give back half the catalysts and have it cost less from 50-100 units or have a full material rdt that costs a large amount, such as 500-1000 units for just 1 5* rdt
  • RsIVRsIV Posts: 12
    I got back about 200k loyalty and 1500 units for my md4. But, to buy the cores I need to get back to md4, I need 500k loyalty. So now I’m 300k loyalty short. Any advice please, Kabam staffers? 1500k units does not make up for 300k loyalty. That’ll take forever to build back up. I would like my md to be back where it was, at lvl4.
  • RsIVRsIV Posts: 12
    Please disregard my last post. It’s been so long since I purchased mystic cores I forgot that you can get them with units, too.
This discussion has been closed.