**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

2018's Mystic Champs

ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
With all of these mystic dispersion threats,rank down tickets request,bla bla blaa I just realized it's almost a year we didn't get any mystic champs in 2018 still,what do you think about that ?
Edited : Our last mystic champ was our beloving Morningstar. ( Released October 2017 )

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Seems shady
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Trying to phase out blade without pissing off the community more than they already have
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,891 ★★★★★
    thy're just focusing on other classes getting them as strong as mystic
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    We went over a year without a new science champ if I remember right. We will probably get some new mystics soon.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    We need Wong and a 5-Star Dr.Strange.

Maybe the Ancient one too?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,042 ★★★★★
    how about new mystic dealing passive degen damage when opponent's attack increases above basic? blade, gulk, hulk and rulk are off the table then, what a great solution
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    nightmare
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I'd love to see them release.... HELLCOW
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

Right now Mystic is now heading towads the bottom of the current classes. The advantage that made most mystics was the MD mastery. Now some wont be as affected like Magik but others i have tried like MS, Voodoo, Dorm, Mephisto are now significantly less effective imo. Especially as defenders that were made viable due to the mastery in some cases like UC and Juggs. MS also was highly difficult on the right node due to MD as well as Dorm. Now extremely managable. In many cases in the higher tiers we would take Dex off as a work around when fighting mytsics. Now thats basically gone and now meh the other classes have been upgraded so much now Mystic may be bottom two right now the way i see it in the higher tiers that is anyways.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mattylo wrote: »

Right now Mystic is now heading towads the bottom of the current classes. The advantage that made most mystics was the MD mastery. Now some wont be as affected like Magik but others i have tried like MS, Voodoo, Dorm, Mephisto are now significantly less effective imo. Especially as defenders that were made viable due to the mastery in some cases like UC and Juggs. MS also was highly difficult on the right node due to MD as well as Dorm. Now extremely managable. In many cases in the higher tiers we would take Dex off as a work around when fighting mytsics. Now thats basically gone and now meh the other classes have been upgraded so much now Mystic may be bottom two right now the way i see it in the higher tiers that is anyways.

You realize that MD on offense is still just as effective right? It’s still the best class mastery by far.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

You realize that MD on offense is still just as effective right? It’s still the best class mastery by far.

It is still effective yes but no its definetly not nearly as effective. But as i mentioned in my post you seem to have skipped past most of my points which is where mystics had a massive advantage where people wanted them was in defense. You can try to fight that all you want but that is indeed the truth which is why people were so upset with Blade case and point. Now you even reduced thier effectiveness even more with the MD change.

Ah and yes the other class masterys are usless unless they fix pure skill....one day. But i can guarantee you will not be seeing people putting MD 5/5 anymore so if thats the case then again its no longer nearly as effective in return making Mystics no longer as viable as they once were.

It is still effective yes but no its definetly not nearly as effective. But as i mentioned in my post you seem to have skipped past most of my points which is where mystics had a massive advantage where people wanted them was in defense. You can try to fight that all you want but that is indeed the truth which is why people were so upset with Blade case and point. Now you even reduced thier effectiveness even more with the MD change.

Yes I understand but why is there so much focus on defense? You mentioned Magik, DV, Mephisto, and MS being really affected by the changes. I have no idea why you mentioned DV because nobody uses him for defense ever so he’s not affected at all. MS is also more of an offensive champ, too. I have no idea why she’s so popular on defense. She’s easy to fight. I have actually been seeing a lot more Magik and Mephisto on offense lately too. I was merely pointing out that while their defensive capabilities might not be what they once were, these champs can be utilized on offense to great potential. Plus Dorm can degenerate you twice with one dex buff now which is annoying.
    edited September 2018

Yes I understand but why is there so much focus on defense? You mentioned Magik, DV, Mephisto, and MS being really affected by the changes. I have no idea why you mentioned DV because nobody uses him for defense ever so he’s not affected at all. MS is also more of an offensive champ, too. I have no idea why she’s so popular on defense. She’s easy to fight. I have actually been seeing a lot more Magik and Mephisto on offense lately too. I was merely pointing out that while their defensive capabilities might not be what they once were, these champs can be utilized on offense to great potential. Plus Dorm can degenerate you twice with one dex buff now which is annoying.

Yes but no longer making the the best in the game. The original OP i quoted said they were having other classes catch up to mystic which have now taken a step back.
    How do other classes manage without Mystic Dispersion?

Thats just it what made Mystic what they were or added the buff they needed to be elite for a long time was the mastery. Most other classes as of recently are being given abilities much like the nodes we have faught in past wars. So wether you are trolling or genuinely want to have an actual converation regarding it and thought about that question before asking it idk.

Thats just it what made Mystic what they were or added the buff they needed to be elite for a long time was the mastery. Most other classes as of recently are being given abilities much like the nodes we have faught in past wars. So wether you are trolling or genuinely want to have an actual converation regarding it and thought about that question before asking it idk.

So.... what I’m hearing is that mystic champs are worthless without MD?

So.... what I’m hearing is that mystic champs are worthless without MD?

No your'e deciding to draw your own conclusions based on what you choose to read from my many explinations i tried to provide. In none of my post did i make a blanket statment rather explained my feeling and first hand experience testing MD 5/5 with the new changes. I said less effective not worthless was ever even remotley mentioned. But okay since that what the board like to do ill just go ahead and stop wasting my time.

"YES MYSTICS ARE NOW THE WORST CHAMPS IN THE GAME! ALL OF THEM. ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS NOW WITHOUT MD"

There everyone can be happy now and troll away. :smile:
  • 2018 Mystic = 2017 Science
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I have DV on defense for diversity...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,248 ★★★★★
    Science did go through a similar drought; but you're right, it's been a long time since Morningstar.

What good mystic champs would people suggest? Netflix has this guy:
    hl0ocs9mr4ih.jpg
    https://youtu.be/e1sLela5jhI
    I reckon he could be to Iron Fist what Killmonger is to Black Panther.
    b5ouean0ky74.jpg