Options

Megneto is bugged

Unless I'm missing something, OG Magneto is magnetising on non-metal characters. He just magnetised my Crossbones and Gwenpool in the danger rooms, and I noticed when I used him the other day it was doing it to non-metal ai opponents, and then not proccing when I had a metal opponent (the sentinel). White magneto was normal working though.

Comments

• Options
    SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    edited September 2018
    Would it work on sentinels? They aint metal are they? And cb and geen have metal in armour and blades
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    CB is literally wearing a metal exoskeleton and GP has guns, knives, and a rocket launcher. Both are even listed as metal.
  • Options
    CB is literally wearing a metal exoskeleton and GP has guns, knives, and a rocket launcher. Both are even listed as metal.

Wasn't thinking with CB you're right there, but GP should not be considered metal. Blade uses swords - isn't counted as metal. Thor uses a metal hammer for all attacks - isn't considered metal. Loki uses a metal rod - isn't considered metal. She only uses her guns/rocket launcher for specials - as does, for example Punisher - also not considered metal. Also I took Vision into a fight against Magneto the other day in danger rooms when not boss and magnetised didn't proc for the AI at all. So beyond the fact the definitions seem to be ridiculous (I would also challenge that GP's status as metal has always been the case as I've used her in the past without seeing it proc) again, I've noted an issue with magnetised still not proccing correctly. Also if sentinels aren't made of metal, what are they? And why would it proc when I used white Magneto?
  • Options
    Also, I realise you're correct that GP is considered metal in her attributes - it just never occurred to me that she would be, considering the vast number of other characters who use metal objects that aren't considered metal. Still convinced magneto is bugged for other stated reasons, but IMO there's clearly a definitions issue as well. It's just completely inconsistent. It's like how they didn't give some characters the villain attribute (Sabre tooth and Corvus for example) which had the effect of blades abilities not being a factor, despite the characters clearly being villains both in comics tradition and in the games story.
  • Options
    Nioc0124Nioc0124 Posts: 5
    The reason if I recall correctly is that Blade uses swords that have titanium, which is a metal that isn"t very magnetic. Also vibranium is not magnetic and neither is uru metal which is what Thor's hammer is made of(although the aspects of their magnetism varies in early comics). Furthermore, the sentinels in many instances in the comics are designed to not be made out of metal an instead some other material that is not magnetic. Kabam usually makes characters with some comic book easter egg included like how daredevil can hit the hood while he is invisible or like how the two magnetos, unstoppable colossus, and juggernaut are immune to emma frosts inverted controls. As for punisher, I don"t have an answer for that.

• Options
    Nioc0124Nioc0124 Posts: 5
    Because they did not list him as metal. Kabam probably just didnt think about it. Also I just looked into it, punisher for whatever reason just isnt listed as metal.
  • Options
    Nioc0124 wrote: »
    The reason if I recall correctly is that Blade uses swords that have titanium, which is a metal that isn"t very magnetic. Also vibranium is not magnetic and neither is uru metal which is what Thor's hammer is made of(although the aspects of their magnetism varies in early comics). Furthermore, the sentinels in many instances in the comics are designed to not be made out of metal an instead some other material that is not magnetic. Kabam usually makes characters with some comic book easter egg included like how daredevil can hit the hood while he is invisible or like how the two magnetos, unstoppable colossus, and juggernaut are immune to emma frosts inverted controls. As for punisher, I don"t have an answer for that.

All fair enough points then. I stand corrected. Although as you pointed out with Punisher (and another with gladiator Hulk) it seems inconsistent they'd pay that much attention to some (like Blade) but not others like Punisher. Either way I guess I was wrong.