**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Web Slinger Challenge

I'm tired of Kabam putting out this near impossible content. I rage quit twice on that stupid Spider-man and Vulture is almost impossibl to get a hit on. Well done Kabam taking my units like candy from a Baby. #impossiblemission #byebyeunits #ugly #BlameRuss

Comments

• SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It requires certain abilities, and it requires certain champs that you may not have.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    hey OP? what champs did you use? this challenge is less annoying than Batista challenge! people are doing it in like 1 hour and 30 mins average. You must be new to the game because its not impossible at all. im sorry but I wont blame kabam maybe you need to work your skill. ive been there myself with previous challenge this one its called redemption for me. don't give up tho next challenge may be for you.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Open your wallet to beat the web slinger challenge. It works 100% of the time :tongue:
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Way easier then the Batista one.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Karnak and Hawkeye… I literally used two champs to deal with 4/5 of the spiders and then SL/Hulk/PICK ONE to damage Spider-SE and vulture

Also they explicitly stated that not everyone would beat it
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    I didn't spend any units but it was hard...I used this team...Ms. Marvel was my MVP the last 2 fights. lwdwrtuucnsz.png
    vd5mr78vabvr.png
    3uqfireoms5a.png
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    I know it unfair and hard for player that don't any rank 5 4star and/or rank 3 or high 5star's and the money to put in the game to finish the challenge. I got to round 4 and didn't get past the 2nd champ in it, all I have is rank 4 lvl40 4star's and 2 rank 2 5star's.
  • derplyon7861derplyon7861 Posts: 15
    thank you kabam I feel like a god I beat it with 2 4 40 4 stars I am speechless this is the first one I beat if y'all need proof my username is derpylyon7861 in game
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    My team was all 4/40, it was doable but very challenging, especially with bugs that makes your champ walking towards the enemy and eating their attacks.
  • derplyon7861derplyon7861 Posts: 15
    and btw my prestige is only 30k pi
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    I know it unfair and hard for player that don't any rank 5 4star and/or rank 3 or high 5star's and the money to put in the game to finish the challenge. I got to round 4 and didn't get past the 2nd champ in it, all I have is rank 4 lvl40 4star's and 2 rank 2 5star's.

It is only unfair if you believe all the content MCOC releases is supposed to be doable by everyone regardless of how long they have been playing or what their progression level is. These events come out semi-regularly and are targeted for relatively high levels of difficulty which players are supposed to be building skills and rosters to tackle.

MCOC isn't chess. It is not intended to be a pure contest between the skill levels of the players. If my tools are better than your tools, I will have a substantial advantage over you. That is not an unfair advantage, that is an intentional advantage for a game that explicitly rewards roster progression.

At one time I could barely scratch the surface of these events. It wasn't that long ago that even master mode was beyond my capabilities. I only finished Realm of Legends just prior to the release of 12.0. Now I can farm it for potions. That is how this game is intended to work: the player that has been playing for two years is not intended to be on a level playing field with the player that has been playing for two weeks.
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81

Did it comfortably with 4 40 4*s, vulture was way too easy, to me symbiot spidey was the real boss.. Kicked my ass a couple of times...
  • OwGssOwGss Posts: 80
    To me, Bautista was harder since portals didn't work well... this event is not bad since you can do a path at a time and take your time... I have two paths left and it's fine... did the hardest paths first (F, D and E) and now it's a breeze... my team: bw, xboner, quake, ws, Thor... very much doable if you are patient and not rush into AI specials.

p.s. Vulture is a joke... his lvl1 and 2 are easy to evade... immune spidey is more challenging than vulture
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Use a Heavy hitter cosmic like Drax or Spider-Man (Symbiote) to defeat both. SE Spidey won't evade that much and doesn't have a chance to evade specials. Vulture is just about baiting his specials. he is easy.

if you aren't good enough or don't have strong enough champs you shouldn't do the challenge. just saying.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    I did it with 4/40 team, and SL did most of hard work. Yeah, it require a bit of skill and a lot of focus. But this event is easier than the previous one (Bautista challenge).

My ally leader had 100% completed in one run by using the team of Thor, Jugg, Magik, BW and Wolvie. He used mostly Thor, and Magik is for Sym Spidey.

You still have 28 days to practice and get the job done. If you still cannot do it by that time, then you clearly aren't ready.
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    that was the easiest event ever so get better
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    You just have to know your limitations, I did the first piece in one shot without using any revives or health because that is the only one I know I will be able to do easily.

And I also know that with only 3 4* heroes I will not get much further. Perhaps a few of the next one, but no more.

The game has to appeal to noobs and veterans, free and pay players. So there will always be tons of stuff you can't do even if you have been playing for years but have not got a massive 4* roster.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Like what many have said, not all content is designed for everyone to complete. This challenge, like RtL, is great because it is designed in a way such that everyone is able to participate and beat it to a certain extent.

If you are a player just starting out, the first 2 quests can be done and the rewards obtained would help your progression.
    If you are an average player with 4* 4/40s, you can still explore quest 3 and get quite a good amount of precious rewards, and I would think it is definitely possible to at least complete quest 4 if you are of that standard.
    And if you are a veteran player with maxed 4*s, 5* R3 or even a 5* R4, you should be able to explore everything.

Whatever it is, the only reason it is a unit drain is either because you are not prepared/strong enough to take on this challenge, or you are not fighting well enough. I once was only able to complete the first 3 chapters when it comes to these challenges, but now, I am fully capable of completing everything thanks to progression.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    This challenge was quite easy, I would even go as far to say Bautista's was a little harder as I have completed both of them 100% at this time. Like everyone else said this wasn't something that everyone should be able to beat, just reap the rewards you can earn, it is a bonus quest after all. In the meantime just work on improving your roster for the next one, there's always another one! :)
  • StarryKnightJStarryKnightJ Posts: 22
    Any chance for 4* 3/30s? :p
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Any chance for 4* 3/30s? :p

Lol, nope not a chance
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    I was hoping for a challenge but was easier than the Bautista challenge. Vulture I could have one shot but went in too early and got hit by the end of his sp2. Here is the team I used:

5/50 Iceman
    5/50 Crossbones
    5/50 Magik (for Symbiote Spiderman)
    3/35 Drax (for SA Spiderman)
    5/50 Elektra
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

One of the main points of this game is building up your roster over time so you can attack more difficult content. That means that there will be content that comes out that is meant for people that have built up their rosters (and likely have put more time into the game than you have). You will eventually get your roster and skills to the point where you will be able to complete stuff like this. Plus Kabam stressed that this would be a hard challenge.....hell, it is easier than Bautista's challenge was.....
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited July 2017
    OP, Stop crying saying these kind of challenges are impossible or unfair, many freeplayers such as myself managed to clear it without spending a unit. It's meant for more aged players, you can't expect do to it only because you have a full team of 4/40 4*.

If you can't do it, it doesn't mean it's impossible.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Its call not having skills.

Maybe he just don't have the right champions.
This discussion has been closed.