Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Crazy Idea: What about having a Golden Adaptoid, Symbioid, and Ultron Drone as a Playable Character?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Solswerd wrote: »
    What a terrible idea

Thank you for that. And thank you for that thorough explanation on why.

To be fair, you are the one that keeps resurrecting and bumping this thread...it is going to attract haters....

The forums are set up in a way that if a thread loses steam for an hour, it may never be seen again. I really think this is a good idea, and I don't want it to be stuck in all the "Can i get Squirrel Gurl to b in this game. because she luks reely funny and i want to hav hur throughing skwirrls at people." type of threads. Sorry if I ask repetitive and rhetorical questions to keep it alive.

Bumping your own threads are against forum rules.

So is harassment. That doesn't stop you from calling my threads stupid for no reason. I ask if someone else has input. That's technically a question, not a bump.
  • Options
    Solswerd wrote: »
    What a terrible idea

Thank you for that. And thank you for that thorough explanation on why.

To be fair, you are the one that keeps resurrecting and bumping this thread...it is going to attract haters....

The forums are set up in a way that if a thread loses steam for an hour, it may never be seen again. I really think this is a good idea, and I don't want it to be stuck in all the "Can i get Squirrel Gurl to b in this game. because she luks reely funny and i want to hav hur throughing skwirrls at people." type of threads. Sorry if I ask repetitive and rhetorical questions to keep it alive.

Bumping your own threads are against forum rules.

So is harassment. That doesn't stop you from calling my threads stupid for no reason. I ask if someone else has input. That's technically a question, not a bump.
  • Options
    AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    edited July 2017
    Isn't the golden adaptoid that obnoxious one from act 4 that has cyclops special attacks is immune to all debuffs and evades like crazy I think he'd be pretty OP even without an L3
  • Options
    Isn't the golden adaptoid that obnoxious one from act 4 that has cyclops special attacks is immune to all debuffs and evades like crazy I think he'd be pretty OP even without an L3

I don't think so. Just a basic Adaptoid that you could customize would be what I'm wanting.
  • Options
    UMReaderUMReader Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    It's an intriguing idea. I feel it'd be hard to balance without it being massively either useless or game-breaking, but if it was something like @VandalSavage 's idea, your most recent proposal, the original Reddit comment, or some other combination of the three, it could work quite well. One thing I don't like is the first of your proposals where they could move up stars, as that's not really how the game is set up.
    But what if they were to offer these Adaptoids/Symbiods/Drones as Exploration or Completion rewards for Event Quests, where the star ranking of the character rewarded varies based on the difficulty selected (obviously being relatively uncommon Events), and you could choose which class you received as a reward. For example, I have more Mutant Champions than any other class, and so upon completing this hypothetical Event Quest I would be disinclined to choose the Mutant Adaptoid unless I was particularly interested in it's Ability
  • Options
    NoCharlesNoCharles Posts: 40
    Maybe there should be a Symboid crystal..
  • Options
    WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    Woah. I like this idea. I've always liked the idea of using an Adaptoid, and creating it yourself would be awesome!