**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ideally, how many Premium Hero Crystals to keep before you open it to get a bigger chance of 4*?

Comments

• Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    100 Premium Hero Crystals
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    What he said:
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    More crystals does NOT equal a bigger chance at a 4 star

Through sheer law of averages/probability, it absolutely does... But, you know, you can ignore the statistics, if you like.

Each crystal has a equal individual chance to award a 4* so yeah cool story bro. It doesn't increase after each unsuccessful opening of a crystal

I said he was right, you said I was agreeing with you. That's stupid.

Again, you CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SAYING. RE-READ MY POSTS, AND TRY AGAIN.
    Or, leave this battle of wits, as you're unarmed.

You said he was wrong. I said he was right. You agreed with me. You're agreeing and disagreeing with the same idea. I'll be back later, I have a life.

BAHAHAHAHA.
    Says the kid who tells another to spend his day digging up lies. Nice backtrack.

I made my statement in the beginning. I have not deviated from my statement. You can't comprehend a simple conversation, let alone realise you weren't part of that conversation in the first place. You simply came here to argue more, and you lost. AGAIN.

Give up, kid. You ain't got enough to win this.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Just opened 5 PHCs and pulled a 4* Netflix Daredevil. I've opened 10 before and gotten all 2*s though.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited July 2017
    More than 100 Premium Hero Crystals (If you have enough patience to hold it)

Through sheer law of averages/probability, it absolutely does... But, you know, you can ignore the statistics, if you like.

Each crystal has a equal individual chance to award a 4* so yeah cool story bro. It doesn't increase after each unsuccessful opening of a crystal

False again.

Use your head. Your chance of attaining a 4* champion is higher, probability wise, NOT based on the percentage of each crystal, but if you open 100 crystals over 25, statistically, you have a better chance. That is how chance works. I said nothing about chance increasing with each -unsuccessful- crystal. I said the probability rises that you will hit one with more crystals opened.

Also, I'm not your bro, pal.

You've won nothing shithead. Wallow in the **** you've created. Because soon, all you've worked for will vanish and you'll be left with nothing. When you least expect it, the **** you talk, you'll choke on it.

Congratulations, you've proven you know nothing of numbers, statistics, and now, basic grammar, and decency. My job here is done.
    Spirit wrote: »

False again.

Use your head. Your chance of attaining a 4* champion is higher, probability wise, NOT based on the percentage of each crystal, but if you open 100 crystals over 25, statistically, you have a better chance. That is how chance works. I said nothing about chance increasing with each -unsuccessful- crystal. I said the probability rises that you will hit one with more crystals opened.

You've won nothing shithead. Wallow in the **** you've created. Because soon, all you've worked for will vanish and you'll be left with nothing. When you least expect it, the **** you talk, you'll choke on it.

Hey we all can agree that callin shithead is NOT NECESSARY!!

Shall I roast you?

Go on, I have no problem in having a chuckle even if its on me!! I'd be glad!! :wink:

**** u mad mf ugly b looking like the little ginger kid from little einstein meet me irl **** outta here wicho dorito ass shaped head btch albino gorilla lookin ass mf ill flame u dumb spotty white pizza shaped head lookin elongated ass nose marshmallow man crusty ass mf self right here btch
    What he said:

See guys try and understand this.... lets say that each crystal has a percentage of 0.25 percent to give a 4 star (DISCLAIMER THESE ARE NOT REAL VALUES AND JUST MADE UP ON TOP OF MY MIND)...............

If u open one crystal, the chance of u gettin a 4 star is 0.25 percent in THAT OPENING but if u open 400 crystals then the chance of getting 4 star is STATISTICALLY 100 percent in THAT OPENING. (THE NUMBERS ARE PURE **** AND MADE UP).

So basically ur chance of getting a 4 star on each crystal doesnt increase when u open a lot of crystals but your chance of getting a four star in THAT OPENING increases with the number of crystals. [Disclaimer- The numbers used are pure BS to try and tell people my point. Please dont take them to scale (or whatever the hell the word is for not taking the statement seriously) ]

Thats the whole point of opening a lot of crystals together. But if u are a beginner then I advise to open PHC as soon as u get them since the iso at early levels is priceless!

Hope this helps clear the lot of confusion! :smiley:
  • Options
    What he said:

Again, you CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SAYING. RE-READ MY POSTS, AND TRY AGAIN.
    Or, leave this battle of wits, as you're unarmed.

You said he was wrong. I said he was right. You agreed with me. You're agreeing and disagreeing with the same idea. I'll be back later, I have a life.

BAHAHAHAHA.
    Says the kid who tells another to spend his day digging up lies. Nice backtrack.

I made my statement in the beginning. I have not deviated from my statement. You can't comprehend a simple conversation, let alone realise you weren't part of that conversation in the first place. You simply came here to argue more, and you lost. AGAIN.

Give up, kid. You ain't got enough to win this.

I agree with ur point of opening crystals together but by writing comments like that u seem like the kid coz usually the kids throw tantrum.
  • Options
    MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    This thread is turning into "he said, she said"...

They all happened to me before so no matter how you opened the PHC:

I found one 4* when I opened just one PHC
    I found one 4* when I opened 5 in a batch
    I found one 4* when I opened 10 in a batch.

I found no 4* (even 3*) when I opened 10 in a batch and 50 in a row...

There is no definite way to open whole batch...
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    This thread is turning into "he said, she said"...

They all happened to me before so no matter how you opened the PHC:

I found one 4* when I opened just one PHC
    I found one 4* when I opened 5 in a batch
    I found one 4* when I opened 10 in a batch.

I found no 4* (even 3*) when I opened 10 in a batch and 50 in a row...

There is no definite way to open whole batch...

It doesn't matter how many you open, I think that is the point most of us are trying to make. If you get lucky and get one from 1 PHC, 5 PHC or 10 PHC then congrats, but if you don't then that's just the way it is.
  • Options
    Roham2016Roham2016 Posts: 10
    edited July 2017
    Hey guys I think I know the answers to all the questions
    For example imagine one premium crystal has a 1% chance of giving you a four star
    This does not mean that out of 100 crystals you will exactly have one four star.
    The chance of getting a four star is not related to the number of crystal in fact every single premium has a 1% chance to give you a four star
    So if you open 100 four star during 1 week or one month or one year the chance of getting a four star would remain the same
  • Options
    Roham2016 wrote: »
    Hey guys I think I know the answers to all the questions
    For example imagine one premium crystal has a 1% chance of giving you a four star
    This does not mean that out of 100 crystals you will exactly have one four star.
    The chance of getting a four star is not related to the number of crystal in fact every single premium has a 1% chance to give you a four star
    So if you open 100 four star during 1 week or one month or one year the chance of getting a four star would remain the same

Agreed. But the chance of u getting a 4 star in one opening of 100 crystals is higher than the chance of u getting a 4 star in one opening of one crystal. Thats all that my point is!
  • Options
    GushazanGushazan Posts: 1
    It's math. Opinions, although nice, don't matter.
  • Options

False again.

Congratulations, you've proven you know nothing of numbers, statistics, and now, basic grammar, and decency. My job here is done.

False again.

Shall I roast you?

Go on, I have no problem in having a chuckle even if its on me!! I'd be glad!! :wink:

**** u mad mf ugly b looking like the little ginger kid from little einstein meet me irl **** outta here wicho dorito ass shaped head btch albino gorilla lookin ass mf ill flame u dumb spotty white pizza shaped head lookin elongated ass nose marshmallow man crusty ass mf self right here btch
    What he said:

See guys try and understand this.... lets say that each crystal has a percentage of 0.25 percent to give a 4 star (DISCLAIMER THESE ARE NOT REAL VALUES AND JUST MADE UP ON TOP OF MY MIND)...............

If u open one crystal, the chance of u gettin a 4 star is 0.25 percent in THAT OPENING but if u open 400 crystals then the chance of getting 4 star is STATISTICALLY 100 percent in THAT OPENING. (THE NUMBERS ARE PURE **** AND MADE UP).

So basically ur chance of getting a 4 star on each crystal doesnt increase when u open a lot of crystals but your chance of getting a four star in THAT OPENING increases with the number of crystals. [Disclaimer- The numbers used are pure BS to try and tell people my point. Please dont take them to scale (or whatever the hell the word is for not taking the statement seriously) ]

Thats the whole point of opening a lot of crystals together. But if u are a beginner then I advise to open PHC as soon as u get them since the iso at early levels is priceless!

That's what I've been saying. Crusher of dreams has no clue about the difference between chance and statistics.
  • Options
    GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208

Have to point out that you're all discussing odds and probabilities based on Genuine chance, we don't know for sure if the coding is 100% random. "Probably" is......
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    The Drop Rate is the same for each individual Crystal, and is not cumulative. I have no idea what it is, but let's say the Drop Rate is 1%. The computer generates an outcome for each Crystal individually at 1%. That doesn't mean that 1 in 100 Crystals will be a 4*. That's not how odds work. If you have 100 Crystals, you have 100 chances at 1%. Opening multiple Crystals doesn't increase the odds. It just gives you more chances.
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    edited July 2017

False again.

False again.

Shall I roast you?

What he said:

That's what I've been saying. Crusher of dreams has no clue about the difference between chance and statistics.

Someone said the odds don't go up per crystal. You disputed them, but they were actually saying what you were saying. They just weren't doing a good job of explaining what they meant. I came in and said they were actually right, so you should stop arguing with him. You then said I had agreed with you when I was really agreeing with the other user. Long story short: We all agree. Instead of trying to argue with me on something that we're ALL CORRECT ON, go do something productive with your life. Stop telling me how inferior I am just because you can't comprehend that were all three saying the same thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

False again.

False again.

Shall I roast you?

What he said:

Someone said the odds don't go up per crystal. You disputed them, but they were actually saying what you were saying. They just weren't doing a good job of explaining what they meant. I came in and said they were actually right, so you should stop arguing with him. You then said I had agreed with you when I was really agreeing with the other user. Long story short: We all agree. Instead of trying to argue with me on something that we're ALL CORRECT ON, go do something productive with your life. Stop telling me how inferior I am just because you can't comprehend that were all three saying the same thing.

I NEVER SAID THE ODDS GO UP PER CRYSTAL, I even blatantly said the opposite. Please quote where I 'agreed' with you. several times you've said that now. Please be reminded I have not changed my original stance. Go back. Re-read it all. Then see yourself out.
  • Options

False again.

False again.

Shall I roast you?

What he said:

you are an idiot. plain and simple.

I NEVER SAID THE ODDS GO UP PER CRYSTAL, I even blatantly said the opposite. Go back. Re-read it all. Then see yourself out.

I never said you did say that. Someone else said they didn't go up, but they phrased it weird. You then said they were wrong because they don't go up per crystal. I'm not putting any words in your mouth, I'm pointing out that you misunderstood the fact that you agree with each other. That doesn't make me an idiot.

And no, I'm not gonna a leave because you think I'm annoying. That's the beauty of an open forum.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It isn't for my sake, it's for your own.

If someone words something wrong, they are, inherently, wrong. If another person points that out... Follow the logic.

You are making a two person conversation more complicated, by adding yourself in, and continuing it. That is the issue here. Beyond that, you can't even read, or comprehend the very posts you're speaking of. It's for your own good if you just stop. You joined this conversation after I pointed out in another thread that you post falsities, and you've done it several times here alone.

When did I agree with you? Quote me.
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

You are making a two person conversation more complicated, by adding yourself in, and continuing it. That is the issue here. Beyond that, you can't even read, or comprehend the very posts you're speaking of. It's for your own good if you just stop.
    4pe3wwkozm82.png
    Just gonna leave this here...

• Options
    edited July 2017

If someone words something wrong, they are, inherently, wrong. If another person points that out... Follow the logic.

You are making a two person conversation more complicated, by adding yourself in, and continuing it. That is the issue here. Beyond that, you can't even read, or comprehend the very posts you're speaking of. It's for your own good if you just stop. You joined this conversation after I pointed out in another thread that you post falsities, and you've done it several times here alone.

If you say so:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/56691/#Comment_56691

By the way, how do you define the word "false"?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

If you say so:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/56691/#Comment_56691

did what you quoted happen before, or after you joined the thread? Also, context is everything. He disputed what I said. And what I said is that through sheer numbers, you have a higher probability of opening one. At no point did I state that the odds change based on unsuccessful crystals. I notice that what you've quoted as me 'agreeing' with you is actually me sarcastically congratulating you on understanding what I said in the first place.

But, you know, ignore the context, and the rest of the posts all you want.
  • Options

If you say so:

did what you quoted happen before, or after you joined the thread?

Um... you were responding to my quote... how would it have happened before I joined the thread?
  • Options

If you say so:

Um... you were responding to my quote... how would it have happened before I joined the thread?

False, unless you are also Appleisgod.
  • Options

If you say so:

Dude, you responded to something I said. I'm pretty sure I had to post before you can respond to that post.
  • Options

If you say so:

Dude, you responded to something I said. I'm pretty sure I had to post before you can respond to that post.

No. You joined the thread by quoting me. Again, stop posting falsities.

COMPREHEND. GO AND LOOK. READ.
  • Options

If you say so:

I know I joined the thread by quoting you. But this:
    That's you responding to me and agreeing with me.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

If you say so:

Again, that is not me agreeing with you. That is me congratulating you for apparently comprehending what I said. I was wrong to congratulate, as we are now here, and you are now proving more ridiculous by the minute.

Either you're trolling, or you're actually the slowest person I've ever conversed with. Again, you only came to this thread and quoted me, after I called you out for posting false stuff in another thread. I said then 'I don't have to look for your false posts. I'm sure you'll do it again, and I'll call you out for it again'.. OH HEY LOOK. I DID.
  • Options

If you say so:

Again, that is not me agreeing with you. That is me congratulating you for apparently comprehending what I said. I was wrong to congratulate, as we are now here, and you are now proving more ridiculous by the minute.

Either you're trolling, or you're actually the slowest person I've ever conversed with. Again, you only came to this thread and quoted me, after I called you out for posting false stuff in another thread. I said then 'I don't have to look for your false posts. I'm sure you'll do it again, and I'll call you out for it again'.. OH HEY LOOK. I DID.

I wasn't attempting to comprehend what you said. That's the whole point. I stated my own point and @Appleisgod's point. It was the same as yours. We all agree. You literally thought that what I said was your point, even though it was mine. That proves we have the same point. You're trying to argue TO ME what I MEANT.

And stop starting sentences with the word "false". You sound like Dwight Schrute.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

If you say so:

I wasn't attempting to comprehend what you said. That's the whole point. I stated my own point and @Appleisgod's point. It was the same as yours. We all agree. You literally thought that what I said was your point, even though it was mine. That proves we have the same point. You're trying to argue TO ME what I MEANT.

And stop starting sentences with the word "false". You sound like Dwight Schrute.

Inherently false.

You joined by quoting me, thereby causing the whole 'argument'. The 'argument' which is exactly my first point in the thread. If we are all agreeing, you joined to argue, while still agreeing with me. You see the fallacy, troll? I told you I would call you out when you post false things. I am doing exactly that. Umad?
  • Options

If you say so:

Inherently false.

You joined by quoting me, thereby causing the whole 'argument'. The 'argument' which is exactly my first point in the thread. If we are all agreeing, you joined to argue, while still agreeing with me. You see the fallacy, troll? I told you I would call you out when you post false things. I am doing exactly that. Umad?

Because I misunderstood you as well to begin with. We all misunderstood each other. I've now realized that we all agree.

I said we agreed. You said I was wrong.

I proved we agreed. You said I was trolling or mentally slow.

I gave more proof that we agreed. You backtracked and said "Well, then why did you say anything."

I'm now saying that I misunderstood initially. You'll probably now say that I'm false, and I'm a troll, and that I'm mentally slow, but I'm pretty sure that everyone reading this knows who's right by this point. Or you could just admit that we all misunderstood each other, and we could move on with our lives instead of you continuing the childish name-calling. Your choice.
  • Options
    Good choice.
  • Options
    TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    edited July 2017
    i always open as soon as i get them, because if the very next crystal is gonna be the one, i don't want to have a 4* sitting in inventory unopened for weeks or days, or even minutes.
    I am all about the instant gratification.

also, with regard to percentages, 1% 4* seems high in my experience. (the crystal opening videos i watch don't seem to represent 1% 4* either)
    i tracked opening 220 PHC and the overall percentages were
    • 2 star = 92.2%
    • 3 star = 5.4%
    • 4 star = 0.4%

PS: with regard to spin and let it time out, spin and click, or click the open button...INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!! i click the open button and jump straight to the disappointment.