**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Korg on Powershield

Ok, few questions:

nwc85y4ixp8q.png

1) blue arrow - Korg will still reflect even when hits do zero damage... unlike Electro, correct?

2) green arrow - Korg nullifies the 400% gain on specials since hits cannot do more than 40%/120% of the attacker's attack power, correct?

3) purple arrow - since crowd excitement is almost always above 1, this means his sp1 is unblockable and cannot be evaded, while the node makes his sp2 unblockable, correct?

If these are true... how is anyone supposed to beat him?

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Aside from the sp1 and sp2 unblockable, the first 2 require rock shield to be active, so just bring armor break champs to break his shield. I agree Jr's gonna be annoying though.

Edit*: correction, If I hit him normally but he takes no damage does it still count as being struck? If yes, then hit him 9 times with any champ to get rid of rock shield. Then while rock shield is reforming you can do 400% special damage
  • Options
    Aside from the sp1 and sp2 unblockable, the first 2 require rock shield to be active, so just bring armor break champs to break his shield. I agree Jr's gonna be annoying though.

Edit*: correction, If I hit him normally but he takes no damage does it still count as being struck? If yes, then hit him 9 times with any champ to get rid of rock shield. Then while rock shield is reforming you can do 400% special damage

I believe that is the case, although I haven't faced him with power shield yet. I think it is a matter of pacing your attacks so that you break rock shield and use the special before it reforms.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Use Voodoo, his spirit poison does 400% its regular damage because of power shield
  • Options
    Use Voodoo, his spirit poison does 400% its regular damage because of power shield

I don't think you can nullify korg's rock shield cause they are charges and not buffs
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★

I don't think you can nullify korg's rock shield cause they are charges and not buffs

Loas
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Oh yeah that, sure. But don't they just count as regular poison damage and don't get 400% boost?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah that, sure. But don't they just count as regular poison damage and don't get 400% boost?

Nop becasse it com from the akt.
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    I'd use Voodoo & land as many poisons as possible.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★

Any DoT from a special will gain the attack boost. If he had another way of poisoning, it would not.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Actually fun story

Any damage that starts from a special gets the boosts

AA if he lands any bleed, poison or neuro

All poisons created from Voodoo Sp1

Etc
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    He had a chance to shrug off. Doesn’t mean he will but if he shrugs off it won’t work. But yes voodoo is a solid option
  • Options
    He had a chance to shrug off. Doesn’t mean he will but if he shrugs off it won’t work. But yes voodoo is a solid option

Use Voodoo’s sp1 on an odd combo hit and Korg’s % chance to shrug off debuffs is decreases by 50%
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    What a pain. Great node for him.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    1. Parry, use light attack 4 combo. No damage reflected. By 9th you would have removed all rock shield, and have one bar of power filled by 12combo
    Depends on how lucky you are as to does korg shrug off stun or not tho
    2. Use sp when his rock shield is down. Using multi hit sp if you can’t wait
    3. Haven’t seen his sp moves but hopefully it can be evaded by dexterity

As for unblockable and unstoppable for 2.5 sec... good luck?
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Karuseus wrote: »
    1. Parry, use light attack 4 combo. No damage reflected. By 9th you would have removed all rock shield, and have one bar of power filled by 12combo

Idk if it’s possible to dex his L1, but if it is, it’s astronomically difficult
  • Options
    Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    We’ve got our r4 5* Korg on that node right now. I’ll keep ya posted on how he does but their champ selection doesn’t look good. Lol
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Just remove his rock shield by light hits then fire off the special ... he is more difficult on other nodes
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Karuseus wrote: »

Idk if it’s possible to dex his L1, but if it is, it’s astronomically difficult
    Like u say the sp1 is pretty hard but Not imposbel
  • Options
    @Zee_Reborn pretty disappointing. Only got us 3 kills.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Vincew80 wrote: »

You only need 3 to wipe out their attack bonus so anything after that doesn't matter.

I would try hyperion. Just melt him with incinerates.
  • Options
    Korg and other top defenders won't be difficult as long as masteries don't lock for AW attack. Take points out of dexterity and Korg can be cleared no problem.
  • Options
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Vincew80 wrote: »

You only need 3 to wipe out their attack bonus so anything after that doesn't matter.

I would try hyperion. Just melt him with incinerates.

True but after getting 46 kills as the main boss it was disappointing. We hoped he might leave a bunch of links up for them to deal with.
  • Options
    IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Bishop is actually a very good option, Korg is weak against energy attacks, 4 parries from bishop and a couple light taps, then fire off one L2 should do the trick.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Can’t the light attack parry light attacks until rock shield is broken work for everyone, sure, voodoo is ideal, but with starky I just go in and get rid of rock shield and throw down a (non shock sad to say) sp2, let the rocks hit the floor