**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

In game message regarding piloting question

After just receiving the in game message regarding piloting I was wondering if it is against the TOS to have two separate accounts? I have 2 accounts that I have built up on my own over the years of playing. I always play from the same IP addresses, either work or home. I have spent $ on both accounts from the same Apple ID etc. This won’t get me banned will it?

Comments

• After just receiving the in game message regarding piloting I was wondering if it is against the TOS to have two separate accounts? I have 2 accounts that I have built up on my own over the years of playing. I always play from the same IP addresses, either work or home. I have spent $ on both accounts from the same Apple ID etc. This won’t get me banned will it?

Kabam has repeatedly stated that playing multiple accounts is not a violation. "Account sharing" refers to TWO DIFFERENT people playing a SINGLE account. "Piloting" is the specific term referring to someone playing or completing content on another person's account. Piloting is a type of account sharing. It is therefore ALWAYS against the rules. However, piloting in competitive content, such as alliance war, can draw particularly harsh punishment.

But this keeps getting asked, and the answer is the same every time. ONE person playing TWO accounts is fine, because there's no rule against that and because Kabam has explicitly stated that this is fine. But what about playing on the same device? What about playing on the same internet? What about playing in the same house? What about it: none of those things matter.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,721 ★★★★★
    1/ Letting someone else play your account to complete content (pass on device with already logged-in account; not revealing log-in information) - prohibited

2/ Same as above but only for crystal opening - ???

3/ Same as above but only doing already completed content (e.g. completed quest) - ???

• winterthur wrote: »
    1/ Letting someone else play your account to complete content (pass on device with already logged-in account; not revealing log-in information) - prohibited

2/ Same as above but only for crystal opening - ???

3/ Same as above but only doing already completed content (e.g. completed quest) - ???

All of those things are account sharing and technically prohibited, although it is doubtful they monitor for them But while I wouldn't worry so much about the second one, the third one is definitely problematic. There's no question whatsoever that is prohibited conduct. But if no rewards are earned during play, it is unlikely Kabam will care much. But you're taking your chances doing it.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    After just receiving the in game message regarding piloting I was wondering if it is against the TOS to have two separate accounts? I have 2 accounts that I have built up on my own over the years of playing. I always play from the same IP addresses, either work or home. I have spent $ on both accounts from the same Apple ID etc. This won’t get me banned will it?

No it won't get you banned and you should have no issues with account sharring and piolting from kabam as long as you don't let anyone use it for any reason.

I do the same thing, I have two accounts on two devices piggy backing on my main phones wifi and since I am the one who created them and the only that is using them with their knowledge I've had 0 issues with them and we've gotten 0 points deducted.

So as long as you haven't bought an account from someone, weren't given one and Don't let anyone use it then you won't have any issues with kabam despite what some people say or lol at.

Don't think I haven't noticed them on this subject because I have and chuckle at the fact that I get them for basically telling the truth with all the information and experiences I've had or read on this topic including everything in those links below.

And I wonder if people actually look at the permission details and their privacy policy because that's were they are getting their information and know who's accounts they are for example this part of it and so are the links.

1. Type of Information We May Collect
    Kabam may collect different information from or about you depending upon the manner in which you use the Websites or Services.

The following examples are provided to help you better understand the information we may collect through your use of and/or interaction with the Websites and/or Services:

Information Received Through Your Third Party Platform Account

When you use or connect to a Kabam Website or Service on or through a Third Party Platform, such as Facebook or other social networking site, (including using a Third Party Platform account to sign into a Kabam Website or Service), you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third Party Platform profile/account (such as your Facebook account) as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the Third Party Platform.

The information you allow us to access and collect varies depending on the Kabam Service you use as well as the terms of the Third Party Platform and your privacy setting thereon.

By way of example only, Kabam may access and/or collect some or all of the following information from your Third Party Platform account when you use or connect to a Kabam Website or Service on or through a Third Party Platform:

Your full name as provided to the Third Party Platform
    Your profile picture or its URL
    Your user ID number, which is linked to publically available information such as name and profile photo
    The user ID numbers for your friends that are also connected to our game(s)
    the login e-mail you provided to the Third Party Platform when you registered
    your physical location and that of your access devices, including any Wireless Device
    your gender
    your birthday
    groups you have joined on the Third Party Platform
    your posts and the posts of your friends
    (collectively "Third Party Platform Information")

By using a Kabam Service on or through a Third Party Platform, you are authorizing Kabam to collect, store, and use your Third Party Platform Information in accordance with this Privacy Policy and as allowed by the terms of the Third Party Platform and your privacy settings with the Third Party Platform.

You may choose to not allow the Third Party Platform to provide us with certain information about you, but you might not be able to use certain features of our Websites and/or Services.

When you use a Kabam Service (either through a Third Party Platform or directly on a Kabam Website) we may assign you a unique identifying number ("ID number") which is not publically displayed to other Kabam users. Additionally, you may be able to select a user name and/or in-game character name (collectively, "User Name"). Please note, your User Name will be publically viewable by others who have access to the Websites and/or Services, and, in some instances, may be viewable to others outside of Kabam through Internet searches and/or indexing.

We recommend you do not use your real name or other information that may be used to personally identify you as part of your User Name as this information may be used to make unwanted contact with you by third parties. We are not responsible for your User Name and/or the manner in which is may be used by third parties.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/privacy-policy/

https://playcontestofchampions.com/privacy-policy/

SZHXzbf.png

All these and more are what is triggering the account sharing/ pilioting flags because they already know you aren't being truthful because they already have all the data revelant to prove it.

Especially since you already gave them consent for it and when their records don't match yours then you and your alliance get penalized for it it's as simple as that.

It does not happened for having multiple accounts ( or having more than one in the same alliance) and multiple devices.

I have two accounts ( both in the same allaince for over a year) and two phones and have broken or had technical issues or just wanted to upgrade my phone 10x+ times over my career.

I've kept all my information consistent and never let anyone use them and never let anyone have my login information for any reason.

It happens when you.

A. Buy and account
    B. Were given an account
    C. Let someone use your account to beat content or play while you're away and or they use it to hack and mod the game.
    D. The location of logins is impossible to reach in a short amount of time like on the other side of the world.
    E. The information doesn't match kabams record and the data they collect from us and Google play, apple, Facebook, marvel insider, etc.

Those things will get you caught, just don't give out your information for any reason and you're be perfectly fine, your alliance will lose 0 points and you won't be banned if not then you will get caught and your alliance will pay for it and you may lose your account forever.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It happens when you.

A. Buy and account
    B. Were given an account
    C. Let someone use your account to beat content or play while you're away and or they use it to hack and mod the game.
    D. The location of logins is impossible to reach in a short amount of time like on the other side of the world.
    E. The information doesn't match kabams record and the data they collect from us and Google play, apple, Facebook, marvel insider, etc.

Those things will get you caught, just don't give out your information for any reason and you're be perfectly fine, your alliance will lose 0 points and you won't be banned if not then you will get caught and your alliance will pay for it and you may lose your account forever.

"But VPNs rabble rabble rabble, and buying AW mercenaries their own devices rabble rabble rabble, and account partners rabble rabble rabble..."

Kabam would make 5-10X the $ they've made on past AW Seasons if they managed to end all forms of AW Piloting because of how much AW item use would increase.
  • It happens when you.

A. Buy and account
    B. Were given an account

"But VPNs rabble rabble rabble, and buying AW mercenaries their own devices rabble rabble rabble, and account partners rabble rabble rabble..."

VPNs never meant diddly squat and I have no idea why so many thought or still think they would. Buying a dedicated device, now that was clever. It took me an entire afternoon to come up with countermeasures for that one.

But even countermeasures aren't necessary if someone makes a mistake, and it only takes one. People spending money to have someone else play a video game for them do not strike me as the most mentally disciplined people in the world.

Kabam would make 5-10X the $ they've made on past AW Seasons if they managed to end all forms of AW Piloting because of how much AW item use would increase.

I would prefer if cheating didn't happen regardless, but this is hard to predict. You'd expect the level of play to drop at the top overall if all the mercs were banned, because obviously you'd have a lower level of skill overall playing. But someone still has to be number one, and someone still has to be number two, and the amount of skill necessary to reach those rewards might drop if the level of play drops, and that might end up costing everyone less items overall, once things stabilized. And then again players might just try to spend whatever it took to restore game play to the same or higher level, and that might end up costing everyone more.

Because it is so hard to predict how this will go, I don't generally accept the notion that game companies specifically tolerate or moderate cheating to make money. It isn't possible to know how cheating affects revenue with any kind of precision, so it is in the best interests of most game companies to simply try to stamp it out to the best of their technical ability.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    VPNs never meant diddly squat and I have no idea why so many thought or still think they would. Buying a dedicated device, now that was clever. It took me an entire afternoon to come up with countermeasures for that one.

But even countermeasures aren't necessary if someone makes a mistake, and it only takes one. People spending money to have someone else play a video game for them do not strike me as the most mentally disciplined people in the world.

Love the Ned Flanders reference lol
    I would prefer if cheating didn't happen regardless, but this is hard to predict. You'd expect the level of play to drop at the top overall if all the mercs were banned, because obviously you'd have a lower level of skill overall playing. But someone still has to be number one, and someone still has to be number two, and the amount of skill necessary to reach those rewards might drop if the level of play drops, and that might end up costing everyone less items overall, once things stabilized. And then again players might just try to spend whatever it took to restore game play to the same or higher level, and that might end up costing everyone more.

Because it is so hard to predict how this will go, I don't generally accept the notion that game companies specifically tolerate or moderate cheating to make money. It isn't possible to know how cheating affects revenue with any kind of precision, so it is in the best interests of most game companies to simply try to stamp it out to the best of their technical ability.

I don't think it's possible to accurately predict how this would go. I based my assumption on the notion that Kabam ending AW Piloting for good would motivate thousands of players to once again become interested in AW. Less items being used overall is definitely a possibility, though one that could be offset if thousands of players who stopped using in-game resources and spending $ on AW were to start doing the opposite because of AW Seasons actually being an honest and fair game mode.
  • I don't think it's possible to accurately predict how this would go. I based my assumption on the notion that Kabam ending AW Piloting for good would motivate thousands of players to once again become interested in AW. Less items being used overall is definitely a possibility, though one that could be offset if thousands of players who stopped using in-game resources and spending $ on AW were to start doing the opposite because of AW Seasons actually being an honest and fair game mode.

I think this is a reasonable assumption most game operators make: that how cheating bans affect individual players is an unknowable, so your best bet is to try to reduce the impact of cheating hoping to attract more people to the game.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    But how do they even know?
  • roberto94 wrote: »

Skynet sends them a text
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Love the Ned Flanders reference lol

I don't think it's possible to accurately predict how this would go. I based my assumption on the notion that Kabam ending AW Piloting for good would motivate thousands of players to once again become interested in AW. Less items being used overall is definitely a possibility, though one that could be offset if thousands of players who stopped using in-game resources and spending $ on AW were to start doing the opposite because of AW Seasons actually being an honest and fair game mode.

Are they becoming more interested in aw because of that or are they now doing it grudgingly because they have to? In our alliance we don't spend any money in wars...if we have items some use those but spending for a few extra 5* shards isn't appealing as it used to be... especially when we keep pulling 5* that no one really wants
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    roberto94 wrote: »

I posted a lot of things that answer some of that if a person has the paitence to read it all, they know many many things.

Also they may even know your name, your gender and much much more and they assign you a unquie id and if all of that doesn't match they come at you.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Is it considered piloting if you let someone play on your account just to test a champ to see if they wanted to go for the featured
    Like they didn’t do any content only stuff like rol winter soldier
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Is it considered piloting if you let someone play on your account just to test a champ to see if they wanted to go for the featured

It's considered account sharing, unless you're physically handing over your device to the bro next to you who fiddles around with it.
    Also with the game.
    Ok I won’t do it not worth the risk thanks man
    Kobster84 wrote: »

It's considered account sharing, unless you're physically handing over your device to the bro next to you who fiddles around with it.
    Also with the game.

• After just receiving the in game message regarding piloting I was wondering if it is against the TOS to have two separate accounts? I have 2 accounts that I have built up on my own over the years of playing. I always play from the same IP addresses, either work or home. I have spent $ on both accounts from the same Apple ID etc. This won’t get me banned will it?

As long as both of those accounts belong to you, and you're not sharing with anybody else, and you're not using any software or exploits to change the balance of the game, having multiple accounts is totally acceptable.