**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does anyone see what I see?

Ok people let's make this a cool convertoin were nobody get carried away. So I saw Magneto and Loki by each other and I started thinking " Is it just me that they are the same?". Like Magneto is always betraying the X- Men to "Help" Mutants and Loki is always betraying Thor because he's the God of mischief. In my mind they kinda seem similar. I don't know, if you agree or disagree please comment below.

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    they are not, magneto is a mutant leader, who believe that mutants stand higher then humans in evalutionary way... wich seems to be true. he has solid motivation to do what he does. Loki - by mcu he is just a selfish man. I mean asgardian. or ice giant. everything seems to be too confused there. also I'm not familiar with comics, for sure there are things I don't know
  • Aleor wrote: »
    they are not, magneto is a mutant leader, who believe that mutants stand higher then humans in evalutionary way... wich seems to be true. he has solid motivation to do what he does. Loki - by mcu he is just a selfish man. I mean asgardian. or ice giant. everything seems to be too confused there. also I'm not familiar with comics, for sure there are things I don't know

Yes I see that but I am just talking about there actoins.
  • Aleor wrote: »

If you're talking about the Fox movies, there's only one moment when you could argue Magneto "betrays" the X-Men, and it is an argument you might not win. He doesn't betray the X-Men in the first movie, he's not working with them. In fact, he goes out of his way to tell his old friend Charles Xavier to stay out of his way when he decides to act, and they are both keenly aware of Magneto's agenda. In the second movie, Magneto doesn't betray the X-Men, they agree to work against their common foe William Striker. But when Magneto gets the opportunity, he decides to manipulate Xavier to kill humans instead of mutants. From the start the X-Men indicate that they don't trust him, so there's no confidence to betray. And still, he doesn't directly act against them. He acts towards his own interests in his war with humanity. The third movie is all Brett Ratner's fault, but even there he doesn't betray the X-Men; he once again acts according to his agenda. If he betrays anyone, it is Mystique.

If there's a moment when he "betrays the X-Men" it might be in Days of Future Past where the younger Magneto pretends to go along with Wolverine and the other X-Men in trying to capture Mystique when his real agenda is to kill her to stop the mutant apocalypse. But once that fails, he goes off on his own and forms his own plan to use the Sentinels against humanity.

I don't see a pattern of Magneto's *actions* demonstrating him continuously betraying the X-Men. He is a man with his own perspective and his own agenda. That agenda is crosswise with Xavier and the X-Men much of the time, but that makes him an opponent, not a traitor.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Aleor wrote: »

If you're talking about the Fox movies, there's only one moment when you could argue Magneto "betrays" the X-Men, and it is an argument you might not win. He doesn't betray the X-Men in the first movie, he's not working with them. In fact, he goes out of his way to tell his old friend Charles Xavier to stay out of his way when he decides to act, and they are both keenly aware of Magneto's agenda. In the second movie, Magneto doesn't betray the X-Men, they agree to work against their common foe William Striker. But when Magneto gets the opportunity, he decides to manipulate Xavier to kill humans instead of mutants. From the start the X-Men indicate that they don't trust him, so there's no confidence to betray. And still, he doesn't directly act against them. He acts towards his own interests in his war with humanity. The third movie is all Brett Ratner's fault, but even there he doesn't betray the X-Men; he once again acts according to his agenda. If he betrays anyone, it is Mystique.

If there's a moment when he "betrays the X-Men" it might be in Days of Future Past where the younger Magneto pretends to go along with Wolverine and the other X-Men in trying to capture Mystique when his real agenda is to kill her to stop the mutant apocalypse. But once that fails, he goes off on his own and forms his own plan to use the Sentinels against humanity.

I don't see a pattern of Magneto's *actions* demonstrating him continuously betraying the X-Men. He is a man with his own perspective and his own agenda. That agenda is crosswise with Xavier and the X-Men much of the time, but that makes him an opponent, not a traitor.

Yeah I did not read the comics only watched the mivies
  • Movies*
  • I don't want this to them into a bad argument just peoples honest opinoins
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    They don’t really have any similarities
  • No just no. I thought I could eat a baseball one time because it was round just like an orange.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I only developed respect for comics when I fully thought about Magneto character. Before that I thought that comics were just children cartoons.

Loki is not as interesting or deep
  • StinkyPinkyStinkyPinky Posts: 45
    edited September 2018
    One time I seen a cat turd and was like “hey tootsie rolls are brown just like that turd So it should taste the same"
  • One time I seen a cat turd and was like “hey tootsie rolls are brown just like that turd So it should taste the same"

Hmmm... We did not need to know that.