**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you guys think that the Silver Surfer would be an amazing character to put in this game

Do you guys think that the Silver Surfer would be an amazing character to put in this game 50 votes

No he is not a good character to put in this game
16%
TacoScottyVdh2008CapWW2Miller1702IhatepickingIron_spider1EtjamaFungeon 8 votes
He is a good character to put in this game
84%
DL864SnakeEyes69Mhykkebelli300TrektSIlverProfessorsupergokuK1lltasticB4nanaJoShadeZeroJEbertChuckRyanDTMelodicMetalRaymundo86MutantWharf8KrumbledkookieDRTONuHuman_2099Jackbrooks2580TheLegend27 42 votes

Comments

• Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    I mean any character is good it’s just how Kabam handles them. Some come out amazing while others come out meh. Take Carnage for example
  • He is a good character to put in this game
    That’s correct
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    He would be awesome. Still waiting on it...
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Of course he would be amazing. So would many like Galactus from the Fantastic 4 comics. But Marvel/Disney doesn't have the authority to use them as of now (so I believe). Fox has the ownership of Fantastic 4 at the moment. But on December the 14th, 2017, Disney agreed to a $52.4 billion dollar deal to acquire 21st Century Fox, including its subsidiary 20th Century Fox. Disney's CEO Bob Iger stated that they plan to integrate the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and if that's so then later obviously to this game too. Reason why when Kabam released that new and improved Champions map, there was that whole right hand corner cut off from the rest, for when this change occurs. Just the process and legal stuff takes a while. I mean Disney is literally buying Fox....
    Some people say galactus should be in it but I don’t really think so because he would be way too big and even if they scale him down it would look so awkward because galactus is HUMONGOUS
    Yea ur right
    Well yet again Galactus would be kind of too overpowering
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    One of my favorite characters of all time
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Of course he would be amazing. So would many like Galactus from the Fantastic 4 comics. But Marvel/Disney doesn't have the authority to use them as of now (so I believe). Fox has the ownership of Fantastic 4 at the moment. But on December the 14th, 2017, Disney agreed to a $52.4 billion dollar deal to acquire 21st Century Fox, including its subsidiary 20th Century Fox. Disney's CEO Bob Iger stated that they plan to integrate the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and if that's so then later obviously to this game too. Reason why when Kabam released that new and improved Champions map, there was that whole right hand corner cut off from the rest, for when this change occurs. Just the process and legal stuff takes a while. I mean Disney is literally buying Fox....

@ItsTheBroski

FILM RIGHTS ONLY!

Sony got Spider-Man
    Universal got Hulk and Namor
    Fox got X-men and Fantastic 4

These deals included the FILM rights to the characters included and their paraphernalia such as villains

However both Comic and Game inclusions were still Marvel’s sole ownership. Hence why Spider-Man and the X-men and the Hulk are even in this game. The issue with the Fantastic4 is that while popular they aren’t crowd pleasers except to the dedicated fans. Marvel tried to crippled Fox in that regard but the X-Men were by FAR one of marvels largest properties and even the bad stories were flocked to. Same with spiderman and anything with the Hulk. Sadly baring Galactus Marvel doesn’t want the free advertisement for Fox that “shelf filler” comics of the FF would basically amount to.

TL;DR
    Marvel has all the “non-movie” rights still but the FF no longer have the selling force to justify the comics or games anymore and they can’t use the comics to inspire ticket sales due to the deal with Fox almost 2 decades ago. As Spider-Man, Mutants, Hulk, and their villains are in the game currently; nothing is inherently stopping them from adding the Fantastic 4 except maybe unsure classification as they got their powers from space radiation. “space” and “radiation” putting them oddly in both classes
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @ItsTheBroski

FILM RIGHTS ONLY!

Sony got Spider-Man

These deals included the FILM rights to the characters included and their paraphernalia such as villains

However both Comic and Game inclusions were still Marvel’s sole ownership. Hence why Spider-Man and the X-men and the Hulk are even in this game. The issue with the Fantastic4 is that while popular they aren’t crowd pleasers except to the dedicated fans. Marvel tried to crippled Fox in that regard but the X-Men were by FAR one of marvels largest properties and even the bad stories were flocked to. Same with spiderman and anything with the Hulk. Sadly baring Galactus Marvel doesn’t want the free advertisement for Fox that “shelf filler” comics of the FF would basically amount to.

TL;DR
    Marvel has all the “non-movie” rights still but the FF no longer have the selling force to justify the comics or games anymore and they can’t use the comics to inspire ticket sales due to the deal with Fox almost 2 decades ago. As Spider-Man, Mutants, Hulk, and their villains are in the game currently; nothing is inherently stopping them from adding the Fantastic 4 except maybe unsure classification as they got their powers from space radiation. “space” and “radiation” putting them oddly in both classes

Disney owns Marvel and recently bought out Fox. It shouldn't be a problem to add Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four at some point in the future.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    They already have similar flying mechanics with Green Goblin, so it’s easy to envision Silver Surfer as a champ.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

@ItsTheBroski

FILM RIGHTS ONLY!

Sony got Spider-Man

TL;DR

That's what I meant, film rights lol....
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    They should use similar mechanics of Green Goblin for him,
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Well yet again Galactus would be kind of too overpowering

We got Phoenix, Dormammu and Sentry. Kabam finds a way to “balance” these characters.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★

I dont think this has anything to do with it really. We have xmen. Lots of xmen that are fox properties.