**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger vs. Boss Medusa

So, it has been long debated who is the best SKILL champ in the game. Many argue for Blade while some for Killmonger however, Gwenpool is there too. Maybe you love Falcon, Karnak or maybe Massacre. This is my favourite Killmonger strike making him my favorite Skill champ (I have my 5.4.5 debuff immune Classic Spidey kill in my profile as well so feel free to have a look). Let's have a discussion with video + image proof about the best SKILL champ in your personal experience. Please be constructive, creative and adhere to the topic which is the best skill champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHL-VAWw6-M

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Nice kill :-)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Killmonger > Blade. True strike, the game’s #1-#2 bleed damage, and indestructible buffs do so much more than danger sense and regeneration with the current MCOC meta. Especially if you’re good at keeping combos going.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Killmonger is awesome. Biggest problem with him is deciding which synergies you want with your team.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,425 ★★★★
    Killmonger > Blade. True strike, the game’s #1-#2 bleed damage, and indestructible buffs do so much more than danger sense and regeneration with the current MCOC meta. Especially if you’re good at keeping combos going.

Not disagreeing necessarily however a consistent and reliable (albeit to 71% health) regen that cuts down/eliminates need for potions is the very definition of a successful path clearer (plus mystic destroyer), versus the boss/miniboss killer that KM is, so I'd argue they're both pretty.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Badass bruh
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Killmonger and blade are both very strong in their own respective ways. Blade has danger sense which reduces ability accuracy, killmonger had true strike which can bypass autoblock and evade. Between the 2, blade is useful in more general situations where killmonger is specifically useful for killing evade and autoblockers.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Killmonger is awesome. Biggest problem with him is deciding which synergies you want with your team.

Bring all of them 🤔 zykbtlbvrevs.jpg
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I do love Killmonger but Imho GP still takes the trophy for best skill champ.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    GP duped can ignore medusa's autoblock or any other defencive ability, when you combo is smth like 20 - killmonger would have 10 to see opponent using his sp, but you need to counter fast, sometimes it might be difficult. And if champ can bleed, you can power lock with sp2. sp3 armor break is less useful, but with all those new champs seems to be a nice bonus (once again, can keep it infinitely long, if opponent bleeds). Also I believe her damage is higher, but to be fair I've never tested it properly
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    So, it has been long debated who is the best SKILL champ in the game. Many argue for Blade while some for Killmonger however, Gwenpool is there too. Maybe you love Falcon, Karnak or maybe Massacre. This is my favourite Killmonger strike making him my favorite Skill champ (I have my 5.4.5 debuff immune Classic Spidey kill in my profile as well so feel free to have a look). Let's have a discussion with video + image proof about the best SKILL champ in your personal experience. Please be constructive, creative and adhere to the topic which is the best skill champ.

1st of all congratulations. It's a really good kill. But blade with villain synergy might be just better than km when looking overall picture. I'm not even considering the regen of duped blade. The damage with danger sense is just over the roof. I killed Modok boss in act 5.4.4 with a health of 166k in 34 hits in 1 minute 27 seconds with my unduped 5 star R4 blade losing about 25% health. I don't think even with that true strike km comes any near to it. I also have km 5 star at r3 unduped. So I got both options. Blade is much more damaging when you have the synergy. Also in current meta no one champ is truly great against all opponents. To each their weakness and strengths. Some have more strengths some have more weakness. But no one true champ. I'll definitely take blade along more than km when I want to go on questing many different type of champs. Just my thoughts. Not necessary for all to agree though.

It Not all the time danmged matter. Rigth now it the utilty and blade vs Medusa fx no danger sens so what is ther nofing blade is Not uslees far from the Best in the game he wher but with alm the auto blok champ kilmonger probley the Best for autoblokinh.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

1st of all congratulations. It's a really good kill. But blade with villain synergy might be just better than km when looking overall picture. I'm not even considering the regen of duped blade. The damage with danger sense is just over the roof. I killed Modok boss in act 5.4.4 with a health of 166k in 34 hits in 1 minute 27 seconds with my unduped 5 star R4 blade losing about 25% health. I don't think even with that true strike km comes any near to it. I also have km 5 star at r3 unduped. So I got both options. Blade is much more damaging when you have the synergy. Also in current meta no one champ is truly great against all opponents. To each their weakness and strengths. Some have more strengths some have more weakness. But no one true champ. I'll definitely take blade along more than km when I want to go on questing many different type of champs. Just my thoughts. Not necessary for all to agree though.

It Not all the time danmged matter. Rigth now it the utilty and blade vs Medusa fx no danger sens so what is ther nofing blade is Not uslees far from the Best in the game he wher but with alm the auto blok champ kilmonger probley the Best for autoblokinh.

I agree with you that not only damage matters. But damage does matter too right. And regarding utility please don't say that blade doesn't have any utility. And regarding auto blocking, how many champs are there to auto block that blade struggles against? If we are to see larger picture of considering who's better blade vs km overall. I would definitely put blade above. By no means km is bad. He's up there, top 3 to 4 skill definitely. And it's not only Medusa we are talking about, mind you. The OP asked about who's better skill overall and went on to compare km and blade and showed the km's ability to take down Medusa. But overall I feel blade is better. As I said, to each their own.
  • Love all three. Blade, km, Gwen. They're all amazing. I R5d my unduped km over a sig 100+ blade tho. Was just more useful for my purposes and seemed more in line with where the game was going
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

I agree with you that not only damage matters. But damage does matter too right. And regarding utility please don't say that blade doesn't have any utility. And regarding auto blocking, how many champs are there to auto block that blade struggles against? If we are to see larger picture of considering who's better blade vs km overall. I would definitely put blade above. By no means km is bad. He's up there, top 3 to 4 skill definitely. And it's not only Medusa we are talking about, mind you. The OP asked about who's better skill overall and went on to compare km and blade and showed the km's ability to take down Medusa. But overall I feel blade is better. As I said, to each their own.
    Never Said blade didt hav any utilty but just Not the stop autoblok to proz aside from Them ther vialls
    Aka modok. And atm in my tier Medusa is sad st the boss all the time ther blade Not the Best for. The bos but blade is no meant as a bug champ just lost a bit but stil over all the Best. Im just fells KM is better becasse im dont hav any of this Teo only 4 Star. At time 4 Star lost alot.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I'll take my Blade over my KM any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Having both at 4/55 i can honestly say lately I have been using KM much more than blade, even for pathing in the event quests due to the lack of villians and such.

I soloed Emma UC a few times with KM. Between his high base block prof, additional armour, and the indestructible charges from the sp2, his survivability is severely underestimated compared to blade.

For me it becomes more and more annoying sacrificing power for health and having to worry about healing up.

The only fights I take blade over KM now is the annoying mystic fights where i absolutely need the ability reduction.

So again I find myself taking KM over blade in more scenarios lately, ALTHOUGH it is highly dependent on your roster (i.e. i have a 6* LC, therefore MS is one more fight I wont use blade and even mephisto it is nice to reverse the power gain from his aura.)

So like most comparisons, it is roster dependant and with my roster.... KM>blade!

Thank you for the compliment! hitting MODOK is a nightmare without a nightmare on your side. So, let's put it in this way. If you are a master interceptor and your have 100% ring awareness, KM serves MODOK with a bulletproof vest. If you add Bucky, well, he gets a titanium body armor. Blade needs Toasty Ghosty synergy to be more awesome and in the same time, yes, he hits like a truck full of bricks with on-demand regen. So does KM as you saw in the video. So my point is, you cannot be very indecisive of KM not doing the same damage that Blade did to 5.4.4 Fathead. if you have a recording, please link it.

I can give you the video if you are on LINE app. My line id is same as here. If you can message me, I can send you the video. Also I think videos can't be uploaded here directly. I have never uploaded on YouTube so don't know how. Well I do have that ghosty toasty at R4 as well. And by no means he's lesser champ.
    And regarding Medusa. I take her down often with GR. So the synergy serves me well enough.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    That music is from NFS MOST WANTED
    This is too cool
    Nostalgic
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Blade is the best for act 5 and LOL but overall with the last like 7 champs released being pure blade counters and nearly every champ released with an auto block mechanic, mystics being almost dead for defence killmonger is just so much more useful and has more utility.
    Great damage
    True strike
    Indestructible
    Counterpunch
    Bleed
    Great synergies
    Reverberation
    Great for both defence and attack
    In the game right now killmonger is just better IMO
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Now try to kill boss magic dormmamu or morningstar with killomonger. Then compare.
    Imran wrote: »
    Now try to kill boss magic dormmamu or morningstar with killomonger. Then compare.

This exactly what. 1 champ is not answer for everything. But if asked between blade and km, I'll choose blade any day.