**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam can we have a Q&A style discussion about AW?

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
Kabam, can we please open a dialog of any kind with you in regards to AW. Many of us have ideas how to make it more fair for all. Of course no one expects you to take all or any of our advice on anything, but it would be nice to have the dialog with you. Any feedback from you on changes suggested would be above and beyond IMO. A simple, "We couldn't do this at this time." or, "This might work let me get back with you."

1. Piloting: This has been addressed, but still happens and many think it's bigger than before. I have no idea, but I wouldn't doubt it.
Potential solution: For the war season (or for the game as a whole) is there any way to lock people to a specific device? In many other mobile games I have played your account is locked to your device, and you have to transfer your account to different devices if you were to get a new one.

2. 2* wars: This was finally address last season. It is my hope that policing this is being maintained by Kabam.

3. Alliance collusion: This is something that is very hard to prove with in game data. 2* war collusion is very easy to see, but outside of that specific instance I can't think of any way to confirm or deny collusion with in game data.
Potential solution: Please I am begging you, hide the +/- rating of the war in the "War Room" screen is this possible? Is it possible to hide or make less precise the "placement Phase" countdown as well? This would make it much harder to know who you faced. Right now people can tell who they are facing in war during the placement phase with very high accuracy. THIS HAS TO CHANGE. Please, I hope you understand this.

4. Alliances found in violation of TOS: These alliance get a 300 point war rating reduction and a AW season point reduction. This is bad IMO. The Seasons point deduction is good, but I would not gift them the -300 war rating deduction as that's a blessing in some ways, and can be abused and will be abused in the off season. Keep an eye on it. Alliances will drop rating very fast on purpose to gain an edge at the start of season 4. This "punishment" is just a quicker way to their goal.
Potential solution: Those who violate the TOS get the Seasons point deduction, but instead of the -300 war rating deduction they should play with the next lower tier multiplier for "X" amount of wars. Is this something that is possible? I believe this was what you had intended to begin with, but it just missed the mark.

If you really care about making the game better and more fair please try to keep this thread on topic, and discuss ways to actually make it better for us all. If you want to discuss something with me, or about me please send me a PM. Kabam I hope you will take the time to engage in conversation with us on these points at least to let us know what is possible and what's not.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Wow, these are really great ideas! I hope Kabam pays attention...
  • Options
    Remove points for defenders remaining. Unfortunately, this is unfortunately just an opportunity for alliances to collude with each other. Alliances have offered money and made deals with their opponents to leave nodes up. This kind of behavior is completely against the spirit of the game and again unfortunately is hard to verify and punish accordingly, as many of us have, again unfortunately, already seen.
  • Options
    Remove points for defenders remaining. Unfortunately, this is unfortunately just an opportunity for alliances to collude with each other. Alliances have offered money and made deals with their opponents to leave nodes up. This kind of behavior is completely against the spirit of the game and again unfortunately is hard to verify and punish accordingly, as many of us have, again unfortunately, already seen.

Do you think that would be a better solution than removing the way alliances find out who they are facing, or should both be done? I agree and have said months ago that defender remaining points could be highly abusable.
  • Options
    I think both should be done. I also think that Kabam should remove summoner name and class from defenders.
  • Options
    I think both should be done. I also think that Kabam should remove summoner name and class from defenders.

I agree with you. Instead of constantly increasing the difficulty of AW by adding harder nodes they could simply removing defender names to increase the skill cap needed to complete.

I wouldn't care about class showing or being hidden, but I think the defender name removal is an easy change to move on. At least it would stop the "spreadsheet wars" like Kabam wanted.
  • Options
    Still have hope.
  • Options
    I'm not sure they are even aware that's an issue. Alliances definitely are doing this in the off season.
  • Options
    Communication is the key.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Season 4

1 “master” allaince docked.

No word who and what did the wrong.

Alliance still can compete for top rewards and face much easier opponets
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Ha, your own alliance got docked points for piloting 😅
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Riegel the magnificent...cheater
  • Options
    Edweezy_14Edweezy_14 Posts: 40
    Omni wrote: »

Riegel don’t cheat; leaving nodes up is all in the sprite of fair game 😂🤣😂🤣
  • Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Omni Props to you for running a clean, top tier alliance.

However, I hate to see all the hate being thrown @Riegel ‘s way here and on Reddit.

It would make no sense for him to constantly beg Kabam to take a closer look at cheating, and ask for harsher penalties if he was involved in it.

It would be very easy to be a part of an alliance with a couple people piloting and have no idea what is going on.

Not saying he’s innocent, just saying there’s a good possibility that he is.
  • Options
    I was officer in an ally that finished in p1 last season...so thanks for the recognition
  • Options
    @Omni off the top of my head, I thought yours was one of the allys that just moved into master with all these others getting docked, that’s why I said that about you being clean
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    JC_ wrote: »
    @Omni off the top of my head, I thought yours was one of the allys that just moved into master with all these others getting docked, that’s why I said that about you being clean
    Nah they stole my username awhile ago and I still give some of them a hard time about it.

But yeah I’ve been in clean ally’s in t1/2
  • Options
    @Omni

Lol, to be fair it is a pretty cool alliance name, I can see why they stole it. It always catches my eye when I’m scrolling by.
  • Options
    Season 4

Riegel wrote: »
    Kabam, can we please open a dialog of any kind with you in regards to AW. Many of us have ideas how to make it more fair for all. Of course no one expects you to take all or any of our advice on anything, but it would be nice to have the dialog with you. Any feedback from you on changes suggested would be above and beyond IMO. A simple, "We couldn't do this at this time." or, "This might work let me get back with you."

1. Piloting: This has been addressed, but still happens and many think it's bigger than before. I have no idea, but I wouldn't doubt it.
    Potential solution: For the war season (or for the game as a whole) is there any way to lock people to a specific device? In many other mobile games I have played your account is locked to your device, and you have to transfer your account to different devices if you were to get a new one.

2. 2* wars: This was finally address last season. It is my hope that policing this is being maintained by Kabam.

3. Alliance collusion: This is something that is very hard to prove with in game data. 2* war collusion is very easy to see, but outside of that specific instance I can't think of any way to confirm or deny collusion with in game data.
    Potential solution: Please I am begging you, hide the +/- rating of the war in the "War Room" screen is this possible? Is it possible to hide or make less precise the "placement Phase" countdown as well? This would make it much harder to know who you faced. Right now people can tell who they are facing in war during the placement phase with very high accuracy. THIS HAS TO CHANGE. Please, I hope you understand this.

4. Alliances found in violation of TOS: These alliance get a 300 point war rating reduction and a AW season point reduction. This is bad IMO. The Seasons point deduction is good, but I would not gift them the -300 war rating deduction as that's a blessing in some ways, and can be abused and will be abused in the off season. Keep an eye on it. Alliances will drop rating very fast on purpose to gain an edge at the start of season 4. This "punishment" is just a quicker way to their goal.
    Potential solution: Those who violate the TOS get the Seasons point deduction, but instead of the -300 war rating deduction they should play with the next lower tier multiplier for "X" amount of wars. Is this something that is possible? I believe this was what you had intended to begin with, but it just missed the mark.

If you really care about making the game better and more fair please try to keep this thread on topic, and discuss ways to actually make it better for us all. If you want to discuss something with me, or about me please send me a PM. Kabam I hope you will take the time to engage in conversation with us on these points at least to let us know what is possible and what's not.

Cheers.

Wow, turns out they do hammer alliances pretty good. Nice work, riegel, they shuuuuure did listen!

Honestly I don't know if it's irony or karma, or both, but today's rankings made my day. There is justice in mcoc after all!

I'm confused. Do you think I'm upset that Kabam took action against the alliance I am in? I'm the only one in the community that fought for Kabam to do this.
  • Options
    Edweezy_14 wrote: »

Riegel don’t cheat; leaving nodes up is all in the sprite of fair game 😂🤣😂🤣

I don't cheat, and I didn't leave nodes up. :joy:
  • Options
    @Omni Props to you for running a clean, top tier alliance.

However, I hate to see all the hate being thrown @Riegel ‘s way here and on Reddit.

It would make no sense for him to constantly beg Kabam to take a closer look at cheating, and ask for harsher penalties if he was involved in it.

It would be very easy to be a part of an alliance with a couple people piloting and have no idea what is going on.

Not saying he’s innocent, just saying there’s a good possibility that he is.

This.
  • Options
    TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I think the alliances found cheating in the most egregious ways should be handed a 0 for war rating. Yesterday my alliance dropped 400 spots in the season due to the readjusted alliance standings. They should not affect my standing. If I dropped 400 I think I should have raised 400 instead. Sure I would be in the same bracket but would seem more in line with the punishment given to them. In a way we are punished for their punishment.
  • Options
    @TheRealApoc

Are you the leader of your ally? Honestly man that sounds like you guys got penalized for you to drop that far.
  • Options
    It's hard to understand, but I think he wants there to be a personal AW rating, so he doesn't get punished for something someone else did.
  • Options
    @TheRealApoc

Are you the leader of your ally? Honestly man that sounds like you guys got penalized for you to drop that far.

I am the leader yes, and it's not the first time that during these times we've slid down the rankings. We didn't lose war rating. The rankings changed from 750 to 1160
  • Options
    And to be honest we would be the worst pilots at 3-7 out of our last 10.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I don't like the idea of being locked into a single device. I usually play AQ and AW on my Apple iPad. If I have to be away from home I use my Samsung cell phone. Being locked into a single device would make this impossible.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Season 4

Cheers.

Wow, turns out they do hammer alliances pretty good. Nice work, riegel, they shuuuuure did listen!

Honestly I don't know if it's irony or karma, or both, but today's rankings made my day. There is justice in mcoc after all!

I'm confused. Do you think I'm upset that Kabam took action against the alliance I am in? I'm the only one in the community that fought for Kabam to do this.

To clarify, I suspect they're experiencing Schadenfreude, German for "shameful joy."
    As in, the man who was throwing rocks while living in a glass house got reminded that perhaps it's not the best idea.

Also, I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one fighting for AW justice, just one that benefited from piloting like the [AW SEASON CHAMP NAME REDACTED]s of the world. So, you know, shameful joy.

But hey, I'm in Kabam jail so what do I know.
This discussion has been closed.