**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Remember the Good Old Day when Kabam compensated us? [Not A Bug]

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Remember when we'd get those inbox messages after a big bug patch or a server error? "Recently, the Contest was not performing up to my standards" or something like that? We'd get some potions or shards, depending on the issue. Anyone else think we should go back to that, especially at a time that there are as many bugs as champions?

Remember the Good Old Day when Kabam compensated us? [Not A Bug] 87 votes

Yes, bring the compensation back
85%
CrusherOfDreamsHatshipuhRagamugginGunnerMcord11758JOHNOSA1995CablePlatinumreach4TripleD_FenrirWorld EaterStefffDazman220TKalRobojiniRednick69Ja55YellsomeDropfaithMRJygPrimmer79Dark89Phoenix 74 votes
No, Kabam is doing fine
14%
Deadbyrd9KojomaotoBreynolds11suyerzaCiglusjrBig_Cam16AgentEdwardXxLoganTDCxX19quyu88Uvrg1111Brolga_hey179FilledPizza[Deleted User] 13 votes
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    It'd be a good faith gesture, unless the game is officially close to its end and they are milking out of it what they can. Remember the product life cycle from marketing 101?

Even a nice week of alliance revives and alliance potions being 50% off would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Thawnim wrote: »
    It'd be a good faith gesture, unless the game is officially close to its end and they are milking out of it what they can. Remember the product life cycle from marketing 101?

Even a nice week of alliance revives and alliance potions being 50% off would be appreciated.

They keep saying that they're running until at least 2020, so I doubt it's at it's end. The problems are far too frequent for us not to receive compensation. Almost a third of the fights I lose aren't my fault. I was either killed or suffered massive damage from bugs. That's not my fault, and I shouldn't have to pay for it. But I do.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They do issue compensation. Usually when an issue is significant enough to warrant it, and only after it's been resolved. When the game goes down briefly and they have it back up in a short time, that doesn't exactly constitute compensation. There's also no sense in providing it for ongoing issues simply because they're still working on them. Compensation is usually the first thing people jump to whenever there's a problem. Sometimes it warrants it. Sometimes it doesn't. They take things like that into consideration. They can't compensate every small issue that comes up. They'd spend all their time and resources giving away free merch.
  • Options
    whaler213 wrote: »
    the problem with that logic Grounded is that some people lost arena streaks or half health in AQ/AW because they were directly going into matches at the time of the maintenance so something tangible was lost

Emergency Maintenance is not planned. It happens when there's an emergency. Compensation is gauged to who was affected in what way, and you can't really gauge that based on the situation. For that matter, it wasn't a prolonged outage. The game was back up in a short time. It's really not warranted.
  • Options
    the problem with that logic Grounded is that some people lost arena streaks or half health in AQ/AW because they were directly going into matches at the time of the maintenance so something tangible was lost

Emergency Maintenance is not planned. It happens when there's an emergency. Compensation is gauged to who was affected in what way, and you can't really gauge that based on the situation. For that matter, it wasn't a prolonged outage. The game was back up in a short time. It's really not warranted.

You're right about it not being down long. But that's a bad way of thinking about it. Kabam takes the game down mid-fight for someone in AQ/AW and you lose 50% health and it is okay? No. At bare minimum they should be providing potions to make up for that issue.
  • Options

You're right about it not being down long. But that's a bad way of thinking about it. Kabam takes the game down mid-fight for someone in AQ/AW and you lose 50% health and it is okay? No. At bare minimum they should be providing potions to make up for that issue.

They can't compensate every emergency. The game went down. They had to enter Maintenance. How do they determine who lost what for a brief time and compensate accordingly? People are affected differently. We're not talking about a major blackout. The game crashed and they had to work on it.
  • Options

They can't compensate every emergency. The game went down. They had to enter Maintenance. How do they determine who lost what for a brief time and compensate accordingly? People are affected differently. We're not talking about a major blackout. The game crashed and they had to work on it.

Two things:
    1) Emergencies happen so I understand it was out of there control. But something within their control is the rules that when the app crashes you lose 50% health.
    2) The amount of time the game was down DOES NOT MATTER. What DOES MATTER is it going down and us suffering health loss because of it. That should be rectified. And it is easy to rectify. At most people lost 50% in an AQ/AW fight. So you send a silver revive and a silver potion or gold potion. Don't tell me that is too much to ask for.
  • Options
    Kojomaoto wrote: »
    Yea id want 2 5* crystals and 4 4* crystals 1 5* awakening gem 2 4* awakening gems. I only think thats fair cause damn game was down for 1 hour.

Not 5* crystals, some potions and revives. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I think we all deserve revives, since we've all died many times from their issues.
  • Options
    We will have to agree to disagree. The brief time it was down doesn't constitute compensation. People were affected at different points of the game and it wasn't that long before it was back up. Not everything needs to be compensated. It happens. I didn't vote "No" because of the addendum on the option. That's my feelings.
  • Options
    We will have to agree to disagree. The brief time it was down doesn't constitute compensation. People were affected at different points of the game and it wasn't that long before it was back up. Not everything needs to be compensated. It happens. I didn't vote "No" because of the addendum on the option. That's my feelings.

I respect that you don't think the emergency shutdowns deserve compensation, but what about the hundreds of bugs since 12.0? Don't tell me you've never died from the evade/hit bug or Dexterity acting up or Whiffing.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    They do issue compensation. Usually when an issue is significant enough to warrant it, and only after it's been resolved. When the game goes down briefly and they have it back up in a short time, that doesn't exactly constitute compensation. There's also no sense in providing it for ongoing issues simply because they're still working on them. Compensation is usually the first thing people jump to whenever there's a problem. Sometimes it warrants it. Sometimes it doesn't. They take things like that into consideration. They can't compensate every small issue that comes up. They'd spend all their time and resources giving away free merch.

How much compensation did we get when we weren't able to Evade for 30+ days?

Big Fat 0
  • Options
    NOOOOOOO! I FORGOT THE "S" AFTER "DAY"!
  • Options

I respect that you don't think the emergency shutdowns deserve compensation, but what about the hundreds of bugs since 12.0? Don't tell me you've never died from the evade/hit bug or Dexterity acting up or Whiffing.

I'm not denying that there are bugs. I've suffered myself. To the tune of hundreds of dollars. I'm just not asking for compensation based on the compounded issues. They've given compensation for some issues since then. They've also given a great deal of free stuff. The issue needs to be resolved before they can consider it. Not every small problem warrants compensation. Issues are looked at on an individual basis. Compounding them and expecting remuneration for everything makes the situation impossible to gauge. There have been problems. I'm just not saying they owe us because of "all" the problems. I'm going to bow out of the conversation because I feel this is a never-ending argument, and it feels more like a petition to me. I've said how I feel. People have their views.
  • Options

I'm not denying that there are bugs. I've suffered myself. To the tune of hundreds of dollars. I'm just not asking for compensation based on the compounded issues. They've given compensation for some issues since then. They've also given a great deal of free stuff. The issue needs to be resolved before they can consider it. Not every small problem warrants compensation. Issues are looked at on an individual basis. Compounding them and expecting remuneration for everything makes the situation impossible to gauge. There have been problems. I'm just not saying they owe us because of "all" the problems. I'm going to bow out of the conversation because I feel this is a never-ending argument, and it feels more like a petition to me. I've said how I feel. People have their views.

Okay. I don't see how not being able to attack or dash back isn't a big problem, but we've both given our opinions.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Depends on the issue, we don"t need compensation if the game was down for 10 minutes
  • Options

Okay. I don't see how not being able to attack or dash back isn't a big problem, but we've both given our opinions.

That's conjecture. That's not what I said. If the issue is ongoing, they can't really compensate. For that matter, long-term issues are harder to gauge because they affect many people in different ways over time. We also just had Summoner Appreciation.
  • Options

That's conjecture. That's not what I said. If the issue is ongoing, they can't really compensate. For that matter, long-term issues are harder to gauge because they affect many people in different ways over time. We also just had Summoner Appreciation.

Summoner Appreciation is a whole separate deal. You can't say that the free stuff we would've gotten regardless of bugs justifies the lack of compensation. You said that small problem don't deserve compensation, which is true, but a large portion of these issues are far from small.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    Depends on the issue, we don"t need compensation if the game was down for 10 minutes

Unless it happens like every two weeks. Then we should get something from the collective screw-ups
  • Options

Summoner Appreciation is a whole separate deal. You can't say that the free stuff we would've gotten regardless of bugs justifies the lack of compensation. You said that small problem don't deserve compensation, which is true, but a large portion of these issues are far from small.

Pretty sure Summoner Appreciation was also a "Thank You" for bearing with them through the issues.
  • Options

Pretty sure Summoner Appreciation was also a "Thank You" for bearing with them through the issues.

Well, I disagree, but okay.
  • Options
    CiglusjrCiglusjr Posts: 28
    No, Kabam is doing fine
    That is what the Emergency Maintanence Checks are for. They still compensate us. If they didn't the they wouldn't tell us about the maintenance check.
  • Options
    Ciglusjr wrote: »
    That is what the Emergency Maintanence Checks are for. They still compensate us. If they didn't the they wouldn't tell us about the maintenance check.

They don't compensate us. They did it one time in the last month or so, and that was because Android blacked out for like 8 hours, screwing us all in arena. And even then it was only Arena Boosts so we could catch up again, nothing extra. Plus, not everyone got it.
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

Do they pay you to stick up for Kabam daily? You always white knight them in every situation. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
  • Options
    wray1976 wrote: »

Do they pay you to stick up for Kabam daily? You always white knight them in every situation. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Let's not attack him, he just doesn't find the issues as irritating as us. I think he's wrong, but we've gotta respect his opinion.
This discussion has been closed.