**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can Mordo astral evade parry?

I'm just curious, because that would make Mordo somewhat useful as a defender.

Comments

• FangmanglerFangmangler Posts: 77
    edited September 2018
    Parrying will be astral evaded if the attacker hits him while he is stunned. By that I mean If I parried him but didn’t hit him while he was stunned then he wouldn’t astral evade but if I did he would.
  • This is a bit of a weird question. Mordo's Astral Evade ability allows him to evade non-special attacks when he is stunned. When he is stunned, you can't parry him: parry is something you can only do when he is attacking. Even if you could somehow parry a stunned Mordo, Parry is also not an attack. Parry is the triggering of the Parry mastery upon landing a well-timed block. Well timed blocks are not attacks and thus cannot be evaded.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Sorry, I might not have been clear. I meant can Mordo astral evade out of the stun caused by parry.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    try mordo vs mordo, a lot of fun there
  • Sorry, I might not have been clear. I meant can Mordo astral evade out of the stun caused by parry.

Mordo can only astral evade if he is stunned.
    When Stunned
    * While Stunned, Mordo Evades an incoming non-Special Attack, quickly counter-attacking to inflict Degeneration for XXX Direct Damage over 2.50 seconds. This ability does not activate if Mordo is suffering from a Concussion or Fatigue Debuff.

Astral Evade only works if a) Mordo is stunned at that moment, and b) if he is attacked with a non-special attack. If you are parrying Mordo, you aren't attacking him with a non-special attack, so there's nothing to evade. Also, if you are parrying Mordo, he cannot possibly be stunned because he would have to be attacking you for you to parry him.

It sounds like you do not understand how Astral Evade works, or how Parry works. Parry is not an attack. Parry is something that happens when you block. The fact that Parry stuns the target doesn't make it an attack. Astral Evade only evades attacks. Parry is not an attack. Astral Evade only turns on if Mordo is stunned. If you're blocking Mordo, he has to be attacking you. If he is attacking you, he cannot be stunned. If he is not stunned, Astral Evade is not on. If Astral Evade is not on, Mordo cannot astral evade anything.
  • try mordo vs mordo, a lot of fun there

Mordo vs BPCW is perhaps a more interesting fight.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    try mordo vs mordo, a lot of fun there

Mordo vs BPCW is perhaps a more interesting fight.

Just need to watch BPCW’s power bar. Nothing worse than thinking you’re safe to parry BP assuming he’ll basic attack and he uses a special.

Stacking armour’s and then using Mordo’s L2 is great though
  • Sorry, I might not have been clear. I meant can Mordo astral evade out of the stun caused by parry.

If Mordo is attacked with a non-Special attack while he is Stunned, his Astral Evade would activate (unless there was some Champion ability or node buff preventing him from Evading, or if he was suffering from Concussion or Fatigue). Astral Evade would behave the same regardless of the source of the Stun so, as long as the normal conditions are met, he could Astral Evade if he's attacked while Stunned by the Parry mastery.

If Mordo is attacked with a non-Special attack while he is Stunned, his Astral Evade would activate (unless there was some Champion ability or node buff preventing him from Evading, or if he was suffering from Concussion or Fatigue). Astral Evade would behave the same regardless of the source of the Stun so, as long as the normal conditions are met, he could Astral Evade if he's attacked while Stunned by the Parry mastery.

The way the question was phrased it sounded like the OP was asking if Mordo "can evade out of the stun" meaning avoid the stun. If the OP was actually asking "can Astral Evade trigger when Mordo is stunned by a Parry" then yes, that's the most common situation for Mordo to trigger astral evade: become stunned by a parry first, and then while stunned be attacked by a non-special attack.
  • quy_beuquy_beu Posts: 47
    IMIW medium attack wont trigger astral evade, true strike and true accuracy also fail this mordo's evade mechanic
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I had a bpcw reflect a parry stun back on my Mordo, and I’m honestly not sure what’s supposed to happen in that situation. I had expected the degen to hit bpcw. I was left with a stunned Mordo, and no degen on bpcw. I decided to not do that again.
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    I'm just curious, because that would make Mordo somewhat useful as a defender.

the hell you mean "somewhat useful"??? hes one of the best and annoying defenders there is, unduped anyways
  • Zeronaut81 wrote: »
    I had a bpcw reflect a parry stun back on my Mordo, and I’m honestly not sure what’s supposed to happen in that situation. I had expected the degen to hit bpcw. I was left with a stunned Mordo, and no degen on bpcw. I decided to not do that again.

If BPCW just stands there, then nothing should happen. But if he then tries to charge forward and attack, Mordo will astral evade the attack and counter with degen. So it kind of depends on how aggressive the AI is at the time.
  • ChubzChubz Posts: 115
    Everybody typing these long paragraphs, making my head hurt!!

Bro, the answer is yes, if you use Parry mastery to stun Mordo, he can Astral Evade out of it...