**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Matchmaking - what criteria is used to match alliances?

Our matchup today pits our Alliance, with a War rating of 1363, against an opponent with a War rating of 2013...

So I'm curious to find out if you will enlighten us as to how your systems decide which matches are made - as I was under the impression that AW rating had much to do with this.

Thanks21s6olwm5nww.jpg

Comments

• That’s total BS dude. I’m guessing you guys got smoked right?
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
  • Prob an alliance dropped in rating because of piloting.
  • digidivdigidiv Posts: 16
    Greetings,

Thank you for reporting to us about an unfair matchmaking in Alliance War. I am sorry for the disadvantage and difficulty this has caused to your fights. I will do my best to help.

I certainly understand that this can cause a delay in your progress, I will look into this. Please know that AW matchmaking system depends on a wide variety of variables, the first being accessibility. Matchmaking can occur at different times and sadly there is no way for us to know when the Alliances closest to you are available. The game attempts to make the closest PI match if there is no close match found the game widens the search field until a match is found, which could sometimes include Alliances that have a much higher PI. The game does this to ensure that Alliances aren't waiting for an extended period of time before a match is found.

Please also know that the Map difficulty will be randomly provided based on your matchup, if the opposing Alliance rating is high then you might be playing with a higher tier Map as intended.

I would like to let you know that our Game Team is as passionate about the game as you are. They are always seeking to make improvements anywhere we can, if you happen to have any feedback or suggestions about the matchmaking system, our Game Team wants to hear it! They take your input seriously and your suggestions may potentially influence future content or game updates. The link to the form is here and we strongly encourage you to check it out if you have a moment: http://goo.gl/forms/

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out so we can help. Should you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, please send them along at any time. Have a wonderful day and thank you for playing the Contest.

Best regards,
    Ed
    Kabam Support
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    bIsHoPmJ wrote: »
    Prob an alliance dropped in rating because of piloting.

You couldn’t be more wrong.
  • HershyHershy Posts: 149
    That’s a standard response. Got the same one when I reported a non-matchmaking issue. Wish they’d actually address concerns and not spew out same responses to everyone
  • Omni wrote: »
    bIsHoPmJ wrote: »
    Prob an alliance dropped in rating because of piloting.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

Care to chime in with your almighty wisdom or just here to troll?