**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Awaken an already r5 Hyperion with generic gem

Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
So a little context;
-I have everything except LoL done 100%, still practicing for my initial run of LoL (Hyperion would be the main champ used).
-Use him for war a lot aswell as pretty much everything else.
-Of the 61 5* crystals I’ve opened, Hyperion is the most ‘god tier’ champ I have, and honestly giving up hope of actually pulling another lol.
-Other 5* awakening gems include 2x tech, 1x science.

Come to the forums as consensus of those spoken to so far was to save it for someone that needs their sig ability, but no one could name a champ that’s useful to me that needs the awakening that wasn’t tech or science class.

If you voted no, a little context would be awesome, maybe name a champ or 2 that would benefit more?
Just don’t name AA, he’s not particularly viable in LoL (limber) or war (hidden champs) and if I do need him for a quest, a maxed 4* does just fine.
Interested to hear what people’s thoughts are.

Awaken an already r5 Hyperion with generic gem 74 votes

Yes, Awaken 5/65 Hyperion using generic AG
71%
DL864LoPrestibelli300TheManMythLegendTendersquadsupergokuAsukiraSpeedbumpAlex13369Sungj3TT3StucatDeliZBlayed_0SpiderCoolsSyndicatedCrimsontide1616Fighter092Duke_SilverThecrusher_9756 53 votes
No, save it for ______
28%
nameplasHeadrollerSixshot1SuperSam57BreybreyEB54OnmixJustusCastrumtaojay1TKS87Quatre_1988spaceoctopusKingsumJohnwickBHNoob2435KngSpcV1PER1987FhfjghhggggjfhfjgSaket_123SPIDERMANANTMAN 21 votes

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    The original plan was to do initial LoL run and hope for a cosmic gem but figured even if I did use a generic then pull a cosmic after running LoL, there’s plenty of cosmic champs that would be worth using it on.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    No, save it for ______
    Proxima? Hela? Maybe Omega Red/Emma? Blade? KM? DV? There’s a lot of options out there. If you’re speaking about using the gem strictly for the purposes of exploring LOL, then Proxima, Hela, and Blade.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    The original plan was to do initial LoL run and hope for a cosmic gem but figured even if I did use a generic then pull a cosmic after running LoL, there’s plenty of cosmic champs that would be worth using it on.

Dont use the Generic on Hype unless you complete an initial path and are planning to 100%
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    newer champs might be sometimes better, but as you already have him 5/65, why wait? he benefits a lot from his sig actually
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    He's already rank 5. He's not the ideal candidate, but he's your main guy. Can take forever till you dupe him or pull a Cosmic gem. I'm sure an awakened Hype can do much more than an unawakened one and might actually be the difference between winning or losing a war.

p.s. Don't awaken/rank solely for LOL easy path, that's just dumb.
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    No, save it for ______
    His sig just extends his buffs. IMO Awakening that ability wouldn't be worth the AG unless you can take him to a high level and even then it’s only like a 50% increase and that’s like a couple extra seconds. I would wait and use it on a champ who gains more from their sig ability. Hype doesn’t really need it.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Sig 200/200 hypy is 75% increase
    Sig 100/200 hypy is 73.45% increase

(Mine is sig 100. His power gain is basically perpetually on)
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    His sig ability doesn't really scale much with increased levels, but just having him awakened is a huge boost. I have 3/45 duped hyperion and his sig ability makes a huge difference, even just at lv 54 with increased buffs duration of 72.14%. Might as well go ahead and awaken him, but I wouldn't awaken him until after you open your next 5* champs. Id hate for you to dupe him right after awakening him :smile:
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    BTW, the buff duration scales for all buffs; so powergain, fury, and even his cosmic healing (HELPFUL)
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Wait for a natural dupe, no need to awaken him. Much more champs need the gem than him, he doe great without it.
  • Quatre_1988Quatre_1988 Posts: 90
    No, save it for ______
    For 100% lol save it for starlord, domino, maybe stark enhanced (more gain from it then Hyperion). For everything else dr. Voodoo, omega red, Medusa, killmonger, blade (although I don’t think he’s worth the rank up), heimdall, capiw, archangel, iceman. There’s a long list more worth a gem then hyperion
  • BreybreyBreybrey Posts: 39
    No, save it for ______
    Dr voodoo, medusa, blade, KM
  • FooshblalalaFooshblalala Posts: 277 ★★
    For 100% lol save it for starlord, domino, maybe stark enhanced (more gain from it then Hyperion). For everything else dr. Voodoo, omega red, Medusa, killmonger, blade (although I don’t think he’s worth the rank up), heimdall, capiw, archangel, iceman. There’s a long list more worth a gem then hyperion

Dominos sig is useless for offense lol
    No, save it for ______
    No it’s not, in LoL it procs EVERY hit that’s huge damage. So learn the champ before you try laugh at me.
    No, save it for ______
    In LoL they have a chance to proc evade every time you hit them. Every time they fail, she procs critical failure. Which I’m a lower sig champ is about 500-600 dmg a second times that by 270 seconds (a 5 minute fight minus 30 seconds of down time for evading or what have you) that’s about 167k dmg for doing nothing more then hitting the opponent......fooshblalala I hope one day you read the champs you try to laugh at someone for posting about
  • SyiionicSyiionic Posts: 64
    The real question here is why did you take him up to rank 5 unawakened? No hate or anything, but just thought of it as I was reading your post.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    In LoL they have a chance to proc evade every time you hit them. Every time they fail, she procs critical failure. Which I’m a lower sig champ is about 500-600 dmg a second times that by 270 seconds (a 5 minute fight minus 30 seconds of down time for evading or what have you) that’s about 167k dmg for doing nothing more then hitting the opponent......fooshblalala I hope one day you read the champs you try to laugh at someone for posting about

Yep. Also it scales incredibly well with a 5*. Can't imagine what an awakened 6* would be at r2. Nuts.
    Syiionic wrote: »
    The real question here is why did you take him up to rank 5 unawakened? No hate or anything, but just thought of it as I was reading your post.

Expiring T2a and it was that or R4 a champ that would probably not be of much use to me.

Thanks for the replies so far people, still debating it in my own mind, I wouldn’t regret it for sure, but I know I’d pull something like domino straight after, but hey, if using it changes my luck around then I’d be happy 😂
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    No, save it for ______
    I would suggest saving it and also I wouldn't use Hyperion even at R5 for Labyrinth. Bryan Grants friend Kam if you watch his YouTube channel did his LOL 100% with him and highly recommended not using him. I completed 100% with 5/65 Killmonger and 5/65 AA and there are some fights that would be more of a pain then the easier ones. With LOL limber and evade it will be very hard to keep your fury's up and it would cost you in attack damage or even if you tried to time out heavies it would be pretty sketchy. Be patient and keep searching for a champ that would be a little more effective. Good luck
    SuperSam57 wrote: »
    I would suggest saving it and also I wouldn't use Hyperion even at R5 for Labyrinth. Bryan Grants friend Kam if you watch his YouTube channel did his LOL 100% with him and highly recommended not using him. I completed 100% with 5/65 Killmonger and 5/65 AA and there are some fights that would be more of a pain then the easier ones. With LOL limber and evade it will be very hard to keep your fury's up and it would cost you in attack damage or even if you tried to time out heavies it would be pretty sketchy. Be patient and keep searching for a champ that would be a little more effective. Good luck

Been patiently waiting for one of those elusive “truly god tier, but only when awakened” champs through over 60 crystals lol.
    I have 2 tech gems for spark, SL, sentinel, imiw, ghost and whoever else I’m missing, and a science gem for void or capIW. I’ll watch Kams vids later but tbh the only 2 champs people mention that would be better served by a gem are blade or domino or voodoo, seen a few KMs too and would be curious to know more about him, AA, well I’d never take him to R4 because he relies too heavily on his debuffs, know why others would use him but not for me.