**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Now that AW Pilots have been banned, how about the Pay for Arena grind pilots?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
Thanks Kabam for listening to the community on banning the AW Pilots. Next up: Can you look at the users who grind and get paid for doing arenas for others? This is a serious issue especially for those who spend 3 days of their lives trying to get a featured 5* champ.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Kabam for listening to the community on banning the AW Pilots. Next up: Can you look at the users who grind and get paid for doing arenas for others? This is a serious issue especially for those who spend 3 days of their lives trying to get a featured 5* champ.

It's the bot users that you should be mad at. If ur mad at someone who outworked you and got paid for it, welp, you got outworked by someone.

I don't mind getting outworked by someone as long as it's legal and fair and one person, not 3 people cycling in to do arenas and getting paid.

• Options
    COW somehow found time to get 5* Emma Frost on 2 separate accounts, even got rank 2 lmao

I noticed that too... How did COWhale get 2 5* emma frosts.....the funny thign is that he didn't even need to grind because he already got her from the crystals...Sounds a bit odd to me.

• Options
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Heard the super shady dude got 2nd and 3rd. Nothing suspect about that at all. Wasn't it the highest arena ever? But then there's nothing suspect about anything he does amiright?

*super big wink*

Not when he pays their Christmas bonuses on his own LOL

Folks said the same for years about a few allis that won't be receiving war rewards this season. The real money comes from the middle tier players. A million small spenders is always gonna equal more than 100 big spenders. Just my take tho
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    COW somehow found time to get 5* Emma Frost on 2 separate accounts, even got rank 2 lmao

It doesn't take him that much time. Based on the last arena grind video I saw him post, he was cranking out about 225k points in 90 seconds with a team of 6* champs running suicides. At that rate, recharging continuously, it takes about eight hours of grinding to get to 70 million points. I don't know how many points you need to place in the top three, but it wouldn't take much time relatively speaking to get at least two Emmas from the featured.

It would also take about 40k units, but that seems to be chump change for COW.
  • Options
    HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    let’s not be naive, there is plenty of arena piloting
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

I find this to be the least interesting form of Kafkatrapping, because it attempts to do nothing but place people in an empty trap.

In any case, I'm sure some arena botting and arena piloting happens, but because I've been tracking arena data since almost forever, I can say that arena pilots and bots are either so good that they don't affect me, or so bad they don't affect hardly anyone.

For one thing, because I place 10% in the featured 5* arena consistently, that places absolute limits on how many possible arena pilots and bots exist that are both capable of and targeted at reaching top 10%: it has to be less than maybe seven hundred or so, and is likely less than a hundred. If there were more, they'd be bumping me, or they really suck at it.

It is at least mathematically possible for there to exist thousands of pilots and bots farming milestones across all of the arenas, but that also seems unlikely due to score distributions. And by definition if they aim low enough to not attract attention, there would be no evidence they were actually affecting scoring that anyone could point to in the scoring data.

The evidence that this kind of thing happens is the indirect evidence that mercenary services advertising being able to do it. But there's no evidence of sizeable amounts of it happening in the scoring data; even though scoring data is much thinner than it used to be sizeable amounts of it would still throw detectable signals.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Eh they affect solo and arena event scores more than anything. Probably drives percent-based cutoffs down due to more players in the pool. Arena mercs do drive up the top 150 feature cutoff scores however. If kabam starts taking action then scores will drop considerably and you won’t see any MMX up there 🤣
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    The worst thing is, the bans aren't even permanent ...
    This is directly against the ToS, and on top of that it ruins fair play.
  • Options
    Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    I spent an excessive amount of time and an excessive amount of units to get 5* Omega Red. I also know that many many people are hiring people to pilot their accounts in the arena and it drives up the scores unnecessarily. Unfortunately Kabam says they will only take action against individuals who are reported lol
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

I don’t think it’s fair, he got 2 Emma frosts. Yet someone else may have done a load of area themselves for her, just to get placed 151. Not fair at all.
  • Options
    Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 424 ★★
    @Savio444 how is it unfair that he put in **** ton of time and money to pull her again, its just the way the ranking works the guy who ranked 151 should have dome more then he did u cant say its unfair when Cowhale spent a bunch of units and time to get as high as he could on two account its called srategy, take them two places so two other people cant so then its less emma to face in war, its smart and strategic not unfair..
  • Options
    The worst thing is, the bans aren't even permanent ...
    This is directly against the ToS, and on top of that it ruins fair play.

why would they permanently ban MMX? They provide 1/4 of their income.
  • Options
    Mrwarren96 wrote: »
    @Savio444 how is it unfair that he put in **** ton of time and money to pull her again, its just the way the ranking works the guy who ranked 151 should have dome more then he did u cant say its unfair when Cowhale spent a bunch of units and time to get as high as he could on two account its called srategy, take them two places so two other people cant so then its less emma to face in war, its smart and strategic not unfair..

Yep COW is perfectly fair ...he's just a cocky sob..in his video he says... "Oh I already have Emma 5* several times. But I'm just going to go for the 5* arena to prevent others from getting her"....

Like I said, cocky and selfish.
  • Options
    AakashAakash Posts: 340

Yep COW is perfectly fair ...he's just a cocky sob..in his video he says... "Oh I already have Emma 5* several times. But I'm just going to go for the 5* arena to prevent others from getting her"....

Like I said, cocky and selfish.

There are a ton of people who offer to do arena for $$, you all think COW really did that grind on 2 accounts, no way. He has always been a shady dude imo. He introduced his second account as free to play but have you looked at his free to play openings? Then he said the cowwhale fan account belongs to a friend and then he was playing on that account too.

• Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Well that’s my opinion, you don’t have to agree.
  • Options
    HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    I was only saying that it exists, and
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I find this to be the least interesting form of Kafkatrapping, because it attempts to do nothing but place people in an empty trap.

In any case, I'm sure some arena botting and arena piloting happens, but because I've been tracking arena data since almost forever, I can say that arena pilots and bots are either so good that they don't affect me, or so bad they don't affect hardly anyone.

For one thing, because I place 10% in the featured 5* arena consistently, that places absolute limits on how many possible arena pilots and bots exist that are both capable of and targeted at reaching top 10%: it has to be less than maybe seven hundred or so, and is likely less than a hundred. If there were more, they'd be bumping me, or they really suck at it.

It is at least mathematically possible for there to exist thousands of pilots and bots farming milestones across all of the arenas, but that also seems unlikely due to score distributions. And by definition if they aim low enough to not attract attention, there would be no evidence they were actually affecting scoring that anyone could point to in the scoring data.

The evidence that this kind of thing happens is the indirect evidence that mercenary services advertising being able to do it. But there's no evidence of sizeable amounts of it happening in the scoring data; even though scoring data is much thinner than it used to be sizeable amounts of it would still throw detectable signals.
    Only saying I know it exists, and from what I know there isn’t enforcement to date like there has been for AW.
  • Options
    Hey there!

We are always working to ensure that all areas of the Contest are fair for everyone. However, we appreciate your feedback on this and we'll be sure to share it with the rest of the team.
This discussion has been closed.