**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mephisto outlast effect at 1% hp [Under Investigation]

Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
edited October 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dan4ebSp-ss
Above is a vid I uploaded that demonstrates what I think to be the bug that people were referring to on the forums a few days ago. I cant really figure out what else could have cause the end of this fight. I run the game on iOS, but i doubt that matters as this seems to be a problem on both platforms.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    anyone know what else could have caused my sp3 to do 0 damage? its not like he was in his immunity regen phase... that triggers at 30%
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Debuffs are paused during specials, saw that recently when I tried to what was going on
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    finally issue revealed
    Debuffs are paused during specials, saw that recently when I tried to what was going on

dubuffs don't have to do with why I did 0 damage though.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    That's actually suspicious. Nicely caught.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    thank you for this.
    people have been trying to call this out for along time.
    but noone has provided any actual proof until now.

THANK YOU for finally showing a video that highlights this issue rather than just the heresay and meaningless screenshots we have had in the past
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Kabam bad at their job, it definitely shouldn't do no damage and also debuffs should not be paused either with a special 3 but they go out of their way to give the ai and unfair advantage and let them do things we can't

Would like to see them explain it away, I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff over my career playing and this eneimes at 1% is one of the more irritating ones I've encountered.

When dying by various debuffs they shouldn't be able to shrug them off and hit a special or a special 3 which either hurts you or kills you.

Sometimes that damage doesn't scale right and they end up with 1% health when they should be dead forcing us to rush across and hit them again

Sometimes our specials just do nothing and they survive then die after due to debuffs or something else.

I constantly see this and I get some don't think it's possible and think its in people's heads but others experience it much more often then other people and we definitely are not looking for it it just happens and we screenshot it or take videos of it and yet the issue still persists with all kinds of other ones.
    Kabam bad at their job, it definitely shouldn't do no damage and also debuffs should not be paused either with a special 3 but they go out of their way to give the ai and unfair advantage and let them do things we can't

Would like to see them explain it away, I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff over my career playing and this eneimes at 1% is one of the more irritating ones I've encountered.

When dying by various debuffs they shouldn't be able to shrug them off and hit a special or a special 3 which either hurts you or kills you.

Sometimes that damage doesn't scale right and they end up with 1% health when they should be dead forcing us to rush across and hit them again

Sometimes our specials just do nothing and they survive then die after due to debuffs or something else.

I constantly see this and I get some don't think it's possible and think its in people's heads but others experience it much more often then other people and we definitely are not looking for it it just happens and we screenshot it or take videos of it and yet the issue still persists with all kinds of other ones.

I was one of the people that totally brushed this off and said the people that are having trouble getting stopped at 1% are just idiots that don't understand the 1% mathematically has the highest damage pool (because rounding). And your right that nobody is out looking for this. I was recording this vid just to demonstrate to a friend how to evade Mephisto sp1's as he was having trouble, and came across this as a fluke.
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    It’s happened to me about 7 times today. So frustrating and hard to catch. Good work.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Happening a lot.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    Jestr54 wrote: »
    It’s happened to me about 7 times today. So frustrating and hard to catch. Good work.

I 'think' I've seen it too. I'm not a hard core player that knows all the interactions between nodes and champs.

But if you see it 7 times in one day?
    Document it, report it.
  • JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    I have 4/5 assasin and I still see the 1% so many times. Even throwing an sp2 with my sig 80 5* r4 medusa.
  • Metal_LicaMetal_Lica Posts: 51
    Mephisto doesn’t take damage while consuming his persistent soul charges, you can see this when mephisto consumes his first two and blades hits him twice with no damage done. Leaving mephisto 1 persistent soul charge which must have been consumed as you fired your sp3
  • iottoknow7iottoknow7 Posts: 22
    As long as he as a soul charge, Mephisto won’t die from a sp3. Blade’s Danger sense prevented the healing from it, but the sp3 won’t ko him with a soul up.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    I see nothing in Mephisto’s description that says he can’t die from a special 3 whole he has charges, and he still has the charge after the special ends, so it didn’t activate to prevent the damage
    Metal_Lica wrote: »
    Mephisto doesn’t take damage while consuming his persistent soul charges, you can see this when mephisto consumes his first two and blades hits him twice with no damage done. Leaving mephisto 1 persistent soul charge which must have been consumed as you fired your sp3

that only triggers 1 time, and its at 30%. I have used sp3's on mephisto before and it works fine. I highly doubt that's what caused this, especially considering he didn't even consume the charge at the end when you are saying he did :/
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited October 2018

that only triggers 1 time, and its at 30%. I have used sp3's on mephisto before and it works fine. I highly doubt that's what caused this, especially considering he didn't even consume the charge at the end when you are saying he did :/

This is blade messing up Mephisto mechanics more than anything, I think.
  • Metal_LicaMetal_Lica Posts: 51
    I’m just trying to make light of this situation, I haven’t used blade or mephisto that much to understand their mechanics, especially when fighting each other.
    I tested it out a little and you’re right blade’s sp3 won’t KO him if he has charges, which I don’t see anything in any description about. Since blade is the only one who can reduce mephisto’s ability accuracy, I believe that this issue is exclusive to them, and has nothing to do with the apparent 1% bug that’s going around.
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    I was skeptical if this but i have noticed it too lately. Good on you @Cryptic_Cobra for posting this. Unfortunately, whenever kabam is confronted with hard evidence they either ignore it or delete it.
    I’m just trying to make light of this situation, I haven’t used blade or mephisto that much to understand their mechanics, especially when fighting each other.
    I tested it out a little and you’re right blade’s sp3 won’t KO him if he has charges, which I don’t see anything in any description about. Since blade is the only one who can reduce mephisto’s ability accuracy, I believe that this issue is exclusive to them, and has nothing to do with the apparent 1% bug that’s going around.

There have been numerous accounts of people doing this with other champs. Every time this topic gets brought up people just brush it off and say "oh you don't have video proof so i don't believe you" This is the first time someone was actually recording when the bug happened. Im 100% positive you can kill Mephisto with a blade sp3 after he has hit his 1 time 30% regen. The 1 remaining charge becomes useless when it comes to immunity once it has had its chance to trigger.
  • qvgvlqc38zlk.png
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    But its still a mephisto with charges left so Mephisto could be the one who is bugged