**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loading time and images issues 20.1 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• EpicGOATEpicGOAT Posts: 46
    Hello guys,

Please download more missing cache
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    Update for Android 9 / Pixel users !!

After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

*** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

Instructions:
    1) Extract the zip file (either on device or computer)
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    a) It should contain two subfolders: 'cache' and 'files'
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder
    a) Replace files/folders if prompted.

Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

Guys will need above file and the file I am sharing.
    After doing this you will get all the missing images.
    https://mega.nz/#!JtkAWYYD!2XE2jiDHGK4sY6PF1GO4EGgqktW03CbdiR7H2aFhxeA

I have shared only cache and so don't remove any file before pasting. Just overwrite the cache.

Thanks. I unzipped ur folder too but I'm still missing the same files... Like some crystals and I'm still missing the domino portrait and red skull. Do you have the asset cache file by chance under files?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    It just took me over 1 minute to return to the map after finishing a fight. This is not abmormal, either.
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 54
    Planc2007 wrote: »
    I have the same issue

I have exact same issue on Google pixel with android 9
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 54
    ShakeThat wrote: »
    Efflux1990 wrote: »
    Which device are you using @ShakeThat

Iam using a oneplus 6 with android 9 pie, as i've read, that's the problem, they must solve it fast because everyone using it and that has reinstalled the game isn't able to play.

Please @Kabam Porkchop , it's already been more than 48hrs. We don't want to miss out on the symbioid event and occult labs.
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    From what I can tell this is not an issue with Android 9 or the 20.1 update specifically. Issue began yesterday morning for me, which was after a day of running 20.1 successfully. I installed Android 9 last month and there hadn't been any issues. So I'm leaning toward a change made server-side with Kabam that created this issue. Definitely seems limited to Android 9 users.

I will not downgrade my OS because a game developer in incompetent.

As for the isues experienced, its the same as the images posted by @Gildarts779. Missing champion profiles, failed images, causes lockup issues in crystals screen and quests.

Please get some attention on this and get it resolved @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porkchop @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_

Issues Are not Android OS version Related, I have a MotoG3 with Android 6 and im having big issues:

- Ultraextended "Loading screen" time (even more than 10 minutes of "loading")

- Huge battery drain, about 15% or more for a single battle, which of course includes the super extra long extended "loading" screen in between fights.

- Not being able to even start a fight because characters loading time is way more extended than the time we have to pick up a character form the five we take for the quest/mission and since the extended loading time for the components I cant even pick the fight with the default character suggested by the AI because even icons/buttons are not responsitive

- constant image overlapping

- "frame-by-frame" battles

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

And seriously, about the OS version upgrade/downgrade... wait out of discussion. Won't be changing my complete OS version just for ONE SINGLE app to work, when there is no proof it will solve the problem considering it it present at different android and iOS versions and devices. Besides, it is not my resposability to find a solution for a problem that is not related to my gaming but to the game itself. It is the app resposables the ones who have the duty to solve the apps problems.
  • kraioszero wrote: »
    From what I can tell this is not an issue with Android 9 or the 20.1 update specifically. Issue began yesterday morning for me, which was after a day of running 20.1 successfully. I installed Android 9 last month and there hadn't been any issues. So I'm leaning toward a change made server-side with Kabam that created this issue. Definitely seems limited to Android 9 users.

As for the isues experienced, its the same as the images posted by @Gildarts779. Missing champion profiles, failed images, causes lockup issues in crystals screen and quests.

Please get some attention on this and get it resolved @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porkchop @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_

Issues Are not Android OS version Related, I have a MotoG3 with Android 6 and im having big issues:

- Huge battery drain, about 15% or more for a single battle, which of course includes the super extra long extended "loading" screen in between fights.

- Not being able to even start a fight because characters loading time is way more extended than the time we have to pick up a character form the five we take for the quest/mission and since the extended loading time for the components I cant even pick the fight with the default character suggested by the AI because even icons/buttons are not responsitive

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

And seriously, about the OS version upgrade/downgrade... wait out of discussion. Won't be changing my complete OS version just for ONE SINGLE app to work, when there is no proof it will solve the problem considering it it present at different android and iOS versions and devices. Besides, it is not my resposability to find a solution for a problem that is not related to my gaming but to the game itself. It is the app resposables the ones who have the duty to solve the apps problems.

Your old phone is causing most those problems.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    kraioszero wrote: »

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

that's different case..

this thread is for loading images issues

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

Your old phone is causing most those problems.

Sorry to say it but I have friends at my alliance with both older and newer phones than mine and they are having the same and even more issues
    edited October 2018
    Vuska wrote: »

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

that's different case..

I understand that, it was just to state that issues go far more from just the image loading issue, which is currently affecting others that are running a different OS version

Besides, it also says it is related to Loading times, which I also referred to
  • Your issue isn't as bad as the game literally not opening. But i feel you. I'm now up to 6 days of not being able to play.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

that's different case..

I understand that, it was just to state that issues go far more from just the image loading issue, which is currently affecting others that are running a different OS version

Then.. Yes.. the point is Kabam game developers are really slow to fixes this... even release another release 20.1.1 which even doesn't fix any of problems...

Funny... and speechless

- unintended combos

- hits to the air

- shorter dashbacks

- shorter dashforward

- the 1% life issue

- others

that's different case..

Then.. Yes.. the point is Kabam game developers are really slow to fixes this... even release another release 20.1.1 which even doesn't fix any of problems...

Funny... and speechless

also, no official info so far on the 20.1.1
  • Mikey_XO123Mikey_XO123 Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    Greetings everyone, I would like to address this weird error I have been getting on my phone. I have tried rebooting and force stopping MCOC and no solution. As well as when I open crystals, my game freezes and crashes. Any solutions? Any would be appreciated.q47n5wcoiq5s.jpeg
  • reversereverse Posts: 21
    I think to install mcoc on another device, log with my account, and save cache and file to my bugged session.
    Maybe the better solution to each player infected.

Less pictures are missing, faster is the loading map quest after a fight.

My ticket to support don't solve anything...
    @reverse yeah it's not complete by any means, but it's got the majority of files needed for quests & events to minimize the load delays.

It's surprising how many files are downloaded in the background on-demand rather than preloaded via the data download after update. Not sure there's an accessible repository we could fetch these from in the meantime either.

Not sure if it's storage or background data related, but regardless we need Kabam to fix it.

Glad the files uploaded have helped get you guys back in-game at least

• Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    This has been an issue that I've been having since last month's update. It's gotten worse with this one. See this? It doesn't load my profile champ's picture or the chat on the bottom when I go to the crystal menu. When it does this; it locks the game. I can't back out, scroll, or do anything aside from restarting the game. Why has the past 2 updates causes such annoying menu lag and navigation issues like this?

a0jvac74mjom.jpg

• RookM1RookM1 Posts: 47
    Bet if this was a bug depositing free units in to our accounts it woulda been fixed yesterday 🙄
  • Happens with me too.
  • tmorri5tmorri5 Posts: 6
    edited October 2018
    Thx Gildarts and bpunk. At least you guys are doing something about it. Same problems on Google Pixel 2 XL. This fix worked for my new test account but it did not work for my main account which I haven't been able to play in 2 days. Then Kabam closed my case #04928142 and didn't try anything!!! FIX IT!
    It freezes on 2nd load screen (venom the duck) and it never, ever loads. I've tried everything from factory reset to new Google account to this post's method. And still nothing, but I know it's the same issue with cache not properly downloading.
    Please @Kabam Miike , Google is a pretty mainstream brand, do you really want to cut out all those people? Please send a patch.
    Hello guys,

After some additional digging, it seems the issue is related to additional assets not downloading correctly. A fix for that must come from Kabam... so not holding my breath there.

I managed to resolve the issues on mine by copying over the asset cache & files from another device. I've zipped those files and uploaded them to save others the hassle and hope it helps until there is an official fix.

*** WARNING: This is only for Android 9 users experiencing game issues due to missing images/assets

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FQMql65AVgJHUSFD1GyjxObd_vj09VMH

Instructions:
    2) Locate the folder 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' on your device (typically in the 'Android \ data' directory).
    3) Copy the 'cache' and 'files' folders from the Zip file over to the 'com.kabam.marvelbattle' folder

Hopefully this helps others running in to the same issue, also safer than installing an app cloning program. Cheers

I have shared only cache and so don't remove any file before pasting. Just overwrite the cache.

• Kabam moderator will remove your post and give you warning regarding violation of TOC. :D

tmorri5 wrote: »
    Thx Gildarts and bpunk. At least you guys are doing something about it. Same problems on Google Pixel 2 XL. This fix worked for my new test account but it did not work for my main account which I haven't been able to play in 2 days. Then Kabam closed my case #04928142 and didn't try anything!!! FIX IT!
    It freezes on 2nd load screen (venom the duck) and it never, ever loads. I've tried everything from factory reset to new Google account to this post's method. And still nothing, but I know it's the same issue with cache not properly downloading.
    Please @Kabam Miike , Google is a pretty mainstream brand, do you really want to cut out all those people? Please send a patch.
    Hello guys,

Instructions:

• CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    edited October 2018
    Every time I log in and try to go into a quest or alliance event, this is what I see:

czxpt3x7x65k.png

I can't move or fight anyone. As you can imagine, this is a slight issue for me and I would appreciate a swift response. Thanks!

More screenshots:
    My champion roster:

73yivs7gun0w.png

My event quest (I can't even click past the dialogue):

pqpdwlawu6x2.png

Device: Pixel 1
    Andriod Pie

Just to be extremely clear, I have uninstalled and reinstalled four times now and restarted my phone thrice. I also factory reset my phone last night, so it probably isn't that.

It's all good. Thanks for the tags, mate!
  • Coachidite wrote: »
    I can't move or fight anyone. As you can imagine, this is a slight issue for me and I would appreciate a swift response.

I've got the same issue on my Pixel, though I've found that if I wait a minute or two it will typically load to the point where you can at least move on the map an initiate a fight.

The issue probably would be resolved by the manual file downloads that have been made available by other users in this thread, but I'm just using this as motivation to break my habit of bothering to play this game.
    This is extremely upsetting to me. I hadn't even explored UC 100% when I decided to update my phone. I had no clue about these issues for people with Android 9. Really, really hoping for a speedy fix to this issue because I would absolutely hate to see all the hours and money I've sunk into this game go down the drain.
  • In-Game Name: tmorri5
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 2 XL
    Device Operating System: 9 android
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi and mobile
    Game Version Installed: 20.1.0
    Game Modes: All
    Description: tmorri5 account will not load past 2nd Venom the Duck screen. Note that my alliance mates say I'm online when it's stuck on loading. If I sign on to a 2nd test account, I get the same disappearing images as described. If I then log into tmorri5, same disappearing images, then it freezes on home screen. Tried all troubleshooting methods. Will wait for patch.
    cesbb099zfid.png
    Thanks.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Same here, it's so freaking annoying and has been going on for far too long now and has been caused by the last few updates

It has gotten a bit better but still occasionally the game will slow to a crawl and become unresponsive in many sections especially there and sometimes it takes awhile for the assets to load to .

Which sucks because the load times are already long as hell on Android and sometimes it will go back to the previous screen or something making you redoo the process which is irritating and annoying.

Any word on when you are actually going to fix these issues property and I mean not just saying that you did or will fix them just do it already and fix the rest of the game while you're at it before it tears itself apart even more.
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Posts: 46

Instructions:

@bpunk88 I cannot see the android folder on my phone from my computer. All I see is the DCIM and the Pictures folder. How do I make it so I can see the folders from my computer? I have a Pixel version 1.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.