**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is MORDO immune to Ability accuracy decrease from DOMINO??

PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
The title is self explanatory. The skill set of mordo says that all abilities activate perfectly.But I found that Kingpin's sp1 can smetime stop astral evade. If the write up is accurate, then he should be immune to critical failure of Domini too. Anyone have any idea regarding this?

Comments

• weavileweavile Posts: 288
    in theory he is immune to the 15% AAR, but the damage over time I'm not sure since Domino can punish people for non existent effect that fail to activate.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Since all his abilities should activate perfectly, I don't think he should have critical failure at all. Even AA has 25 percent chance to poison, so he will get failure 3 out of 4 times, if you have only one bleed on opponent
    eq5tfwqna6j4.png
    Sorry for the bad image, but my point stands :smile:
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    active or passive AAR? Quakes (or LC, Taskmaster etc...) concusion do not effect his abilitys?

Mephito is only against passive AAR immune.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Pulyaman wrote: »
    Since all his abilities should activate perfectly, I don't think he should have critical failure at all. Even AA has 25 percent chance to poison, so he will get failure 3 out of 4 times, if you have only one bleed on opponent

Critical failure is in no way linked to aar immunity tho
    Critical failure occurs when your ability doesn't proc regardless of whether it's being affected by aar or not
    But, Mordo has no percentages linked to his abilities. So, all abilities should proc all the time.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    But, Mordo has no percentages linked to his abilities. So, all abilities should proc all the time.

Hmm that's true for some of his abilities like heavy attack fury and astral evade his soul Barb ability
    But stun on sp1 has a chance to proc, his special 3 regeneration has a chance to proc also. Those will still be affected by critical failure
    Ya, That is true.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    This might be a shot in the dark, but it says "resisting against AAR effects". It doesn't specify how much he resists it, for example Archangel's abilities say he is FULLY immune to AAR. It's kind of like Gwenpool's sig ability where it doesn't definitively say 2% AAR with every hit, it just says that it reduces it.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    The title is self explanatory. The skill set of mordo says that all abilities activate perfectly.But I found that Kingpin's sp1 can smetime stop astral evade. If the write up is accurate, then he should be immune to critical failure of Domini too. Anyone have any idea regarding this?

I just want to focus on the “Kingpin SP1 point”: astral evade doesn’t apply to specials. All of them.
    I think I was unclear. After landing sp1, if you stun Mordo and attack him, he does not evade and punish you. Kingpin sp1 places a AAR on you for some time.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Kingpin interaction is a bug then. When kingpin was released, there was a mistake in his spotlight that said he would be able to bypass mordo's astral evade. But like I said, it was a mistake, and it got fixed immediately.

Either is a bug, or Mordo ability suffered a change to not be affected by active AAR (debuffs that reduce ability accuracy, like concussion)
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    1afd32z2sgqm.jpg

His in game says immune to passive AAR.

So all depends on if Domino's ability is passive which I believe it is. As opposed to kingpins sp1
    I copied it from Champion spotlight, so KABAM may have changed it later
    I really hope one of the mods clarify this. I pulled him as my first 6 star and I am really interested in using him for offence :wink:
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Mordo cant evade from sp akt so with kingpin sp1 no bug.
    Again, I don't mean his sp1. After Kingpin fires sp1, Ability accuracy of opponents is decreased. So, you are able to hit mordo if he is stunned. Is this normal or is it a bug?
    By his ingame description I'd say its normal since it says immune to passive AAR. but it sounds like many here believe he is supposed to be immune to all AAR so no one really knows xD
    Kabam have changed the description from his champion spotlight to his in-game ability write up. I dont know when this was done though
    My best guess would be it happened around the time blade came out with his danger sense or when people were noticing blade + Gr wasnt stopping his astral evade
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Again, I don't mean his sp1. After Kingpin fires sp1, Ability accuracy of opponents is decreased. So, you are able to hit mordo if he is stunned. Is this normal or is it a bug?
    Oh hav to duel and se. Then sry for misread the first time.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    It probably has something to do with the change they made with him, so that concussion and fatigue would bypass his evade.
    Additionally they changed his main immunity ability, and all active AAR can stop his evade now
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    @Pulyaman I use Mordo, fought against him. Anytime he is stunned, if you attack him while his “reverse stun” ability is active, it will stun you. Only time it does not stun you is if you Parry him and use any special atk right away.
    To clarify- if you parry him and use an Sp1 that also stuns him and immediately atk- you will be stunned. It’s stunning really. :P
    @BeginthEnd I think you are taking about BPCW. Mordo does not reverse stun, he attacks you which causes degen
    @Pulyaman you are correct, I misstated his ability. Nevertheless, it works precisely as described. Have him as a r3 5* which I use a lot, fought him many times, that’s how it works for anyone. (There is an exception, only with ONE champ, n I’m not about to tell the world how to counter his best ability lol)
    Oh..don't worry..I know that champ that can counter him 😀...But..I suggest you use kingpin to fight him...hit him with sp1..theb stun and hit him with basic attack..he will not evade...
    I tried to replicate in duels, it is not happening.Damn it,,