**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The "My Little Symbiote" Event

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Brradbury wrote: »
    Are we not able to take symboid into act 5? I thought it said he is for questing purposes and useful in more difficult quests

Event quests. Not any of the permanent content.
  • ClimbeRickClimbeRick Posts: 3
    Since this symbioid event, has anybody else noticed ridiculous loading times? I'm spending more time looking at venom the duck than playing the game.
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    ClimbeRick wrote: »
    Since this symbioid event, has anybody else noticed ridiculous loading times? I'm spending more time looking at venom the duck than playing the game.

For me it is slightly shorter, which was startling for me since I have been spending up to 5 minutes just loading the Champion menu.
    edited October 2018
    Thomeboy wrote: »
    The symbiote is annoying. Unless you've got an all star line up of 5*+ high ranked champions, its very difficult to complete epic difficulty without using units. The rank 4 symbiote doesn't help enough to clear epic. It's frustrating because everything in this game favors the hardcore long term players and it takes years to go from 5 4* rank 5 heroes to 5 5* rank 5 heroes.

If you 100% beginner, normal, heroic, and master you still will be 1 klyntar katalyst short of getting rank 5. Ironically getting him to rank 5 would be the one thing that'd allow me to complete epic...

So the ones who get to rank 5 are mostly the guys that don't need him, what's even the point of having him?

For once, I would disagree slightly. I understand that Parts 1 and 2 are not the whole thing, but I have managed to 100% them on Epic using pre-owned potions and only using units for energy refills. Admittedly, I used Power-Ups, but never Greater ones. I only have 1 maxed 4* and have been using champs from among 6 4*s and 2 5*s in particular. Only two of the 4*s are duped and a third is the only other R5.

Having said this, I am now grinding through Hard and maybe Normal in order to be able to do Part 3 of Epic (no way I am gonna do Easy as well; II got a life).

However, I definitely agree that the whales and all-day/most-of-the-day-grinders have been the main customers for a while. I understand that this can happen in any game without trying to make it so, but creating content that is (for once) good only for the end-ggamers/grinders/whales is not something that just "happens".
    edited October 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Thomeboy wrote: »
    The symbiote is annoying. Unless you've got an all star line up of 5*+ high ranked champions, its very difficult to complete epic difficulty without using units. The rank 4 symbiote doesn't help enough to clear epic. It's frustrating because everything in this game favors the hardcore long term players and it takes years to go from 5 4* rank 5 heroes to 5 5* rank 5 heroes.

If you 100% beginner, normal, heroic, and master you still will be 1 klyntar katalyst short of getting rank 5. Ironically getting him to rank 5 would be the one thing that'd allow me to complete epic...

So the ones who get to rank 5 are mostly the guys that don't need him, what's even the point of having him?

Actually an R4 sym will take you through epic. I just did it, it’s just a matter of using the right enhancements. The cheapest is using hardened coating and just blocking until an opening becomes avaialble. For the bosses, add a couple more. You can even throw in total carnage/vicious assault for path clearing to make it even easier. I only have one 5/50 and I was able to do one run through epic to R5 my sym.

Are enhancements more or less necessary to do Epic?

V1PER has a point...and Symbiote is (supposedly) supposed to be a challenge even for the best players (I presume this assumes they are not using enhancements and Power-ups).
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I get the circle of death. When I look at a person, when I choose my matches, when I go into the fight, when I fight, when I end the fight, when I collect stuff from fight, when I go into next fight,

Etc. etc. etc
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Why gives us sym if he still gonna die in 30 secs i swear they never think this stuff through at all
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Ghostgoose wrote: »
    1z3d1x1r1j7d.jpeg
    Found a symbiod in war attack, not sure if a glitch allowed it or what

You're allowed. There's just a Global Node that makes him take 200% more Damage.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    IanMoone wrote: »
    Why gives us sym if he still gonna die in 30 secs i swear they never think this stuff through at all

My r5 destroyed the epic gold symbioid in less than 30 seconds 6 times, so there's that. Use Unknown Enemy to counter the 30 second power drain.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    After beating epic with a r4 symbiod, I ranked mine up to r5 and he absolutely destroys the entire path and the gold sym boss, alone with following enhancements -

Fight Dirty - True Strike = No more evade - Very Useful

Unknown Enemy - Reduce AA = Can potentially stun/bleed and not take the 30 sec damage - Slightly useful

Hardened Coating - Reduce all damage when blocking = No damage taken at all as long as you know how to block - Very Useful

Just block and keep hitting (evade if you want to), there's no way you'll even lose 1 health point.
  • Bryon_502Bryon_502 Posts: 133
    Great event. Keep original ideas like this coming. Only suggestion is to let the Symbiote become permanent, and a way to customize or make a character.
  • Cool
    edited October 2018
    After beating epic with a r4 symbiod, I ranked mine up to r5 and he absolutely destroys the entire path and the gold sym boss, alone with following enhancements -

Unknown Enemy - Reduce AA = Can potentially stun/bleed and not take the 30 sec damage - Slightly useful

Hardened Coating - Reduce all damage when blocking = No damage taken at all as long as you know how to block - Very Useful

Just block and keep hitting (evade if you want to), there's no way you'll even lose 1 health point.

Will hard coating work against carnage on 2.2? Any idea how to beat abomination with counter tactic and mystic knowledge
    Omg abomination on counter tactic with mystic knowledge node at sig 100 for r2 6* is complete overkill....i thought my SL can handle him but nope died by stacks of 4 poisons

Scale back his sig lvl....i swear you guys never test anything before release and you wonder why we are pissed all the time
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

Will hard coating work against carnage on 2.2? Any idea how to beat abomination with counter tactic and mystic knowledge

Yes, as long as you don't get hit. Let him hit your block until he does a heavy, then attack. I used cleanse as well for carnage to drain his power, since he has all or nothing.
    Omg abomination on counter tactic with mystic knowledge node at sig 100 for r2 6* is complete overkill....i thought my SL can handle him but nope died by stacks of 4 poisons

Scale back his sig lvl....i swear you guys never test anything before release and you wonder why we are pissed all the time

Do you have a poison immune?

Dormammu.vision.hyperion.corvus till his 20 charges are out lol

Yes, as long as you don't get hit. Let him hit your block until he does a heavy, then attack. I used cleanse as well for carnage to drain his power, since he has all or nothing.

I was thinking the same on cleanse also vicious assault could work too
  • RinzlerRinzler Posts: 23
    edited October 2018

I tried cleanse for Carnage, but the all or nothing carnage ended up firing of an sp2. what the fudge...
    Finding that the boosts arent locked in for the duration of the fight. Fought Golden symbiod with second wind and recoup boost had buffs it timed out then dead.
  • Why are the Katalyst an odd number for ranking up? My next rank up is requires 15 (just looked I am Rank 4 of 5) I currently have 1. I have fully explored
    Heroic and beat Master. If I fully explore Master I will have 11...if I finish beginner adds 1 for 12...then fully explore Normal that adds 2 for 14...so now I need to beat Epic to add 10 for a total of 24...Now I rank up now I have 9 remaining...if I fully explore Epic I will add 15 for 24 remaining. Why the odd amount?
    Rinzler wrote: »

I tried cleanse for Carnage, but the all or nothing carnage ended up firing of an sp2. what the fudge...
    Finding that the boosts arent locked in for the duration of the fight. Fought Golden symbiod with second wind and recoup boost had buffs it timed out then dead.

He did do some sp2s for me

Hyperion should be able to kill him quite fast. By the way, what does mystic knowledge do?
    @TheSquish671 dont suppose you can help with masochism and if the sym can overcome it lol

Hyperion should be able to kill him quite fast. By the way, what does mystic knowledge do?

Allows the mystic to have advantage over science champs
    @TheSquish671 dont suppose you can help with masochism and if the sym can overcome it lol

Challenge accepted @IanMoone ! Lol anyway here's what boosts i think you could use:

1) Unknown enemy(if it even reduces node ability accuracy in the first place)
    2) Hardened coating(fights may be long and this may help as long as there's no unavoidable damage)
    To end fights faster:
    3) In for the kill
    4) Cut deep and Vicious Assault(launch sp2 only during timer before masochism reactivates)
    5) Cauterise(needs accurate timing)

I've never tried these before though. The only time I've had to deal with masochism so far was in occult labs hard mode, so i just powered through the regen.
  • KaimagKaimag Posts: 12
    The SS is a monster with cut deep and total carnage boosts. Kabam wants to help the have nots get more equal to the haves.... I would suggest you just opened a door to allow those of us playing 4 years, rank 70, 400k level players that do not even have a 4 or 5 star Medusa, Blade, or AA a path to grow and continue to be able to compete with end gamers with this SS. Allow this monster a permanent home with us. He makes life in the higher content do-able with out us getting so frustrated we want to end the game totally.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited October 2018

@IanMoone
    I don't think so, I have not tried SS in fights that have unavoidable damage like poison, degen.

I used a 4/55 Hyperion but I realize not everyone has that. I'd say a 5/50 hyp should do good as well or in general any poison immune.
  • FejoFejo Posts: 8
    edited October 2018
    Do we know anything about the rewards from the event is going to start on the 17th of Oct?
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Yes we do, its in the announcement.
    Fejo wrote: »
    Do we know anything about the rewards from the event is going to start on the 17th of Oct?

Yes. Scroll up.
This discussion has been closed.