**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vision 5,000 units offer [Merged Threads]

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
And now u can get the dupe for total of 10k units

nzzyo9l27rad.png

Old vision thread.. when he was sold for 15k units

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63872/600-5-vision-thoughts-merged-threads/p1

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Just logged in and saw Vision unit-based offer. So should I waste 5k units for 5* Vision? I have 4.8k atm, saved it for 4-5 months.
    I also have 5* unawakened SL, mostly he would get awg first
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Here is picture of the old deal, came out earlier this year.

ogu4pntm7000.jpeg
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    So... shouldn't we be happy?

Keep in mind, that people had to purchase all father Odin vault deal + additionally pay 15,000 units on top for first time vision came out

The most common advice that you find on forum, noone is forcing to buy. It was the wish of those who did. And it's an universal rule that any commodity loses its value over time. Also depends on how rare it was at the time of sale. Those who got then had bragging rights. Not so much now.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Still a ridiculous price just not as bad as last time. Kabams marketing department need firing. Do they think we are all millionaires, or just addicted game junkies who will spend and regret it later when its to late. If they halfed the price they'd sell more and make more £$

I don't fault their decision making, and your assumption would require more study into the player base. But by lowering the price, theyd sell more, therefore decreasing its value as a trophy champion to the whales.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    So... shouldn't we be happy?

Keep in mind, that people had to purchase all father Odin vault deal + additionally pay 15,000 units on top for first time vision came out

No one "had" to purchase him at all. If you have this kind of $ to throw around on a mobile game (either version of this 'deal') then I doubt you care the price went down.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    $500 was always too much for him. If you thought it was too much, you shouldn't have bought him. I'm still not even buying this one.

why do people.like you always show up.in threads to talk $***

I want vision, I'm happy its cheaper and just a unit deal. If I didn't just spend my units I'd probably go for it. But having to buy units, I won't do this. Simple as that. No remorse if I bought it now and its cheaper later because thats how they sell more.

that being said, I didn't even mean that as talking ****. If you valued him at $500, thats your prerogative and good for you having that money. But you bought him at that value and you thought he deserved that value.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Remember guys this is a gsranteed champ + the “dupe and rank up materials “for the same price... champs are never garanteed like fgmcsz

You could soend equal ampunt of 10,000 units on fgmc and not come close..

Take this for example

onizcuwjxsa6.jpeg

Again. It is already a known fact you open 10 and you can get the featured champ and may dupe him. And the featured fgmc keeps on running almost daily with different champs as featured. That and this offer cannot be compared. Nothing similar. And this is only 1 day offer. They want to make money by making it available for lesser known whales. Should be happy I feel.
  • ElFenomenoElFenomeno Posts: 14
    $200 and $500 are to much for him or any champion, I ain't spending that much for one thing in a mobile game.

They need to come up with realstic offers that are way better and cheaper than this, I'm going to pass on this and all deals like this.

Don't get me wrong i like vision himself but not where near this I play with my lower ones

I agree with this.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    $200 and $500 are to much for him or any champion, I ain't spending that much for one thing in a mobile game.

They need to come up with realstic offers that are way better and cheaper than this, I'm going to pass on this and all deals like this.

Don't get me wrong i like vision himself but not where near this I play with my lower ones

Yes true, but they target people who are “willing” to pay for him.

Just like people who are “willing” to buy fgmcs and or the other deals.

I still think cyber monday/blackfriday deals should be good if compared to this years 4th of july deal i thought they was best deal this year, but then again the 4th of july deals wasnt for everyone Aswel.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    I'd like to get him but only have enough units to get the first 5000 offer (after I grind for 150 more in the next 24 hours).

Would it be wiser to save up another 5000 units and hope this offer returns or just buy the first part of the offer now?

Another way to ask it is, is 5000 units worth it for the equivalent of a 5-star wake gem, 3 class cats and the other common cats needed to take him to rank 3?

Do they ever sell 5-star wake gems for units only? Or is the only way I might dupe him in the future without spending money is on whatever the next offer for him is?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Agreed Many people were crying out for a unit offer for Vision. This certainly fits the bill; and the avowedly FTP players should be more than happy.

I've considered it, but I think I'll use my resources elsewhere. However he's a great champ; and I wish the best of success to anyone who decides differently.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Its good to horde units. Proff on YouTube got both deals, not one penny spent of real money. There are a lot of high , near end game players who have thounds of units horded from arena and else where, this a deal for them or someone that can offered it. So this is kind of like the equivalent of somebody useing their reward points from their credit card to buy a $5,000 Prada bag.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Mhykke wrote: »
    This is a unit based offer, no purchase required. If you had the units from grinding before, I think it's a very good deal.

This is the only scenario where this is worth it to me. The only other thing you can save that many units for are finishing LOL or holding out until Cyber Monday. So if you have the units...this ok. There are really only 2 other equally worthy things to spend saved units on.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    The million dollar question is is he worth it, even if unduped???
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    doctorb wrote: »
    The million dollar question is is he worth it, even if unduped???

NO.. He must be awakened.

Awakened he is worth R5 and is one of top utility champs in the game
This discussion has been closed.