Options

Ironfist - useless ammount of Armor brake?

PlatypusPlatypus Posts: 60
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
I recently got my new 5* 4/55 Ironist with like 40 Dupe ability ... He has proved useful in very few specific situations but something about his scaling seems very off. (as in extremely weak in comparison to other 4/55)

I am not sure how Armor Brake works but it seems that Ironfist applies way more of it than he can benefit from. Like I can get 5 stacks easily and the damage bonus seems capped at 2-3( which may have been that big update about returns )

Duped Ironfist (4/55 especially) has 2 sources of Armor brake and they cap off way too quickly. Instead of getting something that scales he just gets more of something he has no need for.

Anyway, this might sound a bit selfish but I would like to see Ironfist get a X-23 treatment. Maybe if he has 3 stacks of Armor Brake he can get bonus damage.

I always saw Ironfist as a GlassCannon hero but it seems the higher you upgrade the more apparent it becomes that Armor Brake does not need to scale that high .

What is the point of him having so much Armor Brake if it caps off almost instantly? It would be nice some reduction in Armor Brake for something that would complement it instead.

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can't decrease armor below 0 is why that happens
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,768 ★★★★★
    Dimishing returns. Iron fist armor break was nerfed after 12.0.
    People created a lot of threads about this issue, but nothing was done until now
  • Options
    HiapeindexHiapeindex Posts: 18
    Add a boost like ' seeing his enemy's armour destroyed, the iron fist deals only critical hits until the number of armour breaks falls below 5, to end the fight sooner. This has no cooldown period.'
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Don't you love how Kabam makes champs reliant on certain things, then makes those things about half as effective? It turned Iron Fist from a glass cannon to a guy with a class disadvantage. Oh, but don't worry, you can get him in a different costume as a "reward" for maxing out a champ's sig.
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You can't decrease armor below 0 is why that happens
    If this was true then Thor wouldn't deal heavy damage through armor break against Iron fist or Karnak(both have no armor), but he does.

As eX said, it's a diminishing returns issue with Iron fist armor breaks.
  • Options
    Hiapeindex wrote: »
    Add a boost like ' seeing his enemy's armour destroyed, the iron fist deals only critical hits until the number of armour breaks falls below 5, to end the fight sooner. This has no cooldown period.'

My point Exactly.

Ironfist use to be a fun GlassCanon hero. but when Heros like Drax scale in bleed and damage they actually do a better job against armored heros than Ironfist .

It almost feels like Ironfist has no role anymore. Well he basically removes armor since it caps off anyway. So any other heros who has armor brake and other abilities is just kinda, better.

• Options
    Don't you love how Kabam makes champs reliant on certain things, then makes those things about half as effective? It turned Iron Fist from a glass cannon to a guy with a class disadvantage. Oh, but don't worry, you can get him in a different costume as a "reward" for maxing out a champ's sig.

I actually got the alternate costume a week ago . The synergy makes it unusable XD
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Yup, as someone said, after 12.0 things were changed. Armor break being one of those things. Thor for example, his current abilities as they are would still be god tier worthy pre 12.0 but since the least armor you can give is 0. No more negative armor. MAYBE next year they'll change the system for the better again, maybe.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Well if it doesn't go below 0 then I know each stack is less effective because that's how diminishing works
  • Options
    MasutaSodoMasutaSodo Posts: 26
    In prior threads we were told by mods it was due to not being able to reduce armor below 0. But we all the truth and IF is in fact a very weak champ now and armor reducing abilities like PS suck now.
  • Options
    "When reducing his enemy's armor to 0, all hits are critical hits until the armor rating of the enemy is above 0.". Now Iron Fist is awesome again! Boom! Do it, Kabam!
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    ^^^ If that were implemented, Kabam would reduce how often he inflicts armor BREAK.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I also have a 5* 4/55 IF that hits with pillows for the armor breaks supposedly on the opponent. They really silently neutered him.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I think it would be cool if they gave him X% attack increase for every armor break too so even the usesless ones get you something. I also think, to follow the mystic trend, that instead of his heavies nullifying some effects his armor breaks can be consumed to nullify an effect.
  • Options
    Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    edited July 2017
    Here is what I reckon:

Since OP is stating that Iron Fist has a certain number of armor breaks before his damage caps (and all armor break stacks after that number do NOT further increase his dmg output), I reckon Kabam could just remove Iron Fist's armor break mechanic and replace it with a fury mechanic (as there no cap for attack rating).

It's simple how it would work: Say if each armor break reduced enemy armor by x and lasts for y seconds with the ability to stack, now you would have the same thing but replace armor break with a fury stack which lasts for the same y seconds and increases attack rating by the same amount each armor break would have previously applied to the opponent. eg) if 1 armor break reduce armor by 10%, now IF would gain a fury stack doing 10% more dmg accordingly.

The only downside or issue with this I reckon would be triggering MD extensively but that's all.

EDIT: I have a 5/50 IF duped if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    Titan_A97 wrote: »
    Here is what I reckon:

Since OP is stating that Iron Fist has a certain number of armor breaks before his damage caps (and all armor break stacks after that number do NOT further increase his dmg output), I reckon Kabam could just remove Iron Fist's armor break mechanic and replace it with a fury mechanic (as there no cap for attack rating).

It's simple how it would work: Say if each armor break reduced enemy armor by x and lasts for y seconds with the ability to stack, now you would have the same thing but replace armor break with a fury stack which lasts for the same y seconds and increases attack rating by the same amount each armor break would have previously applied to the opponent. eg) if 1 armor break reduce armor by 10%, now IF would gain a fury stack doing 10% more dmg accordingly.

The only downside or issue with this I reckon would be triggering MD extensively but that's all.

EDIT: I have a 5/50 IF duped if that makes any difference.

To be honest I am not 100% sure if he gets a damage bonus of armor break. I thought all heros had some hidden armor but they may have changed that as well.

I would like Ironfist to remain as passive armor brake hero . He just needs a portion of his armor brake scaling reduced in favor of something relevant. Right now he just stacks an insane amount of armor break which is 70% excess and worthless.

• Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited July 2017
    How many posts and comments does the kabam team need to see to realize that iron fist needs to be addressed? He was good before 12.0, but since the diminished returns system implementation, he's no longer a good champ. His weak heath is no longer justified by his attack. 12.0 was supposedly intended to level the playing field with champs. All it did was drag a few down to mediocrity or worse.

I don't know how to tag an admin. But seriously guys. What's it gonna take.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    GNASTY wrote: »
    How many posts and comments does the kabam team need to see to realize that iron fist needs to be addressed? He was good before 12.0, but since the diminished returns system implementation, he's no longer a good champ. His weak heath is no longer justified by his attack. 12.0 was supposedly intended to level the playing field with champs. All it did was drag a few down to mediocrity or worse.

I don't know how to tag an admin. But seriously guys. What's it gonna take.

To tag, put the @ thing and then this exactly (no spaces after the @ sign, and yes, use the quotation marks at the beginning and end):
    "Kabam Miike"

Replace Miike with whatever mod you want. Watch:
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    @CrusherOfDreams thanks dude.
  • Options
    SuraSura Posts: 89
    I have been following this thread for awhile. Has there been any mention or new info that I may have been missed with follow up Kabam mods? Maybe an updated forum post?
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    They absolutely destroyed IF and a few others. For whatever reason they don't want to admit it. Just sweeping it under the rug.

Same with pure skill. Just a few days ago they said it was more powerful than before..lol. It just doesn't work though... that's how deep their heads are buried in the sand.
  • Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Platypus wrote: »
    I recently got my new 5* 4/55 Ironist with like 40 Dupe ability ... He has proved useful in very few specific situations but something about his scaling seems very off. (as in extremely weak in comparison to other 4/55)

I am not sure how Armor Brake works but it seems that Ironfist applies way more of it than he can benefit from. Like I can get 5 stacks easily and the damage bonus seems capped at 2-3( which may have been that big update about returns )

Duped Ironfist (4/55 especially) has 2 sources of Armor brake and they cap off way too quickly. Instead of getting something that scales he just gets more of something he has no need for.

Anyway, this might sound a bit selfish but I would like to see Ironfist get a X-23 treatment. Maybe if he has 3 stacks of Armor Brake he can get bonus damage.

I always saw Ironfist as a GlassCannon hero but it seems the higher you upgrade the more apparent it becomes that Armor Brake does not need to scale that high .

What is the point of him having so much Armor Brake if it caps off almost instantly? It would be nice some reduction in Armor Brake for something that would complement it instead.

its armor "break"but I agree wid the post
  • Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    edited August 2017
    Maybe they could make Immortal Iron Fist work like the old Iron Fist, since he's so hard to get, might as well make him something special. As is he's not even worth ranking up.
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    break*
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    They just made him like the Netflix version. A weak sissy crybaby.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Well, similar thing happened to DS, actually he was nerfed even more than IF, but they did NOTHING, and now i have almost no hope that they will address these champs. Sadly.