**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Would You Play Arena (More) If There Was No Infinite Streak?

ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
As stated above.

It is my personal opinion that the arena streak (fights 1 to ~26) hinders a lot of the fun in the game. I believe that removing it will benefit the player base because it will help people get more units and gold. It will help Kabam by increasing the average active users as well as average session duration.

Hoping for a lot of votes here, so please share it with your ally mates as well. I will create a new thread suggesting the removal of it using the evidence the poll as support.

Cheers

Would You Play Arena (More) If There Was No Infinite Streak? 163 votes

Yes
28%
ctp1223BendyFuzzylumpsJaffacakedHaji_SaabWilljackson16RavenHoodThe_Greatest_OneTheManMythLegendGodOfWarzuffyJohan66777adqqedfyvrTaimurKhanMagrailothosEric1988KDTrippeIMMikkeonebeyondallkikiFurieux 46 votes
No
58%
GroundedWisdomKpatrixVdh2008SnakeEyes69LeNoirFaineantSeverus35ChadhoganFreakydJamesMmostlyharmlessn2StarKingGriffoplayAddyosHort4ThanattorFrostyAxeCopFirePiviotSIlverProfessorRyan_c_phd 96 votes
Not Sure
12%
ArcDeAngelusShrimkinsEmil_LimsonphillgreenAlex13369bm3eppsNEO_mr_Andersonusername7312Mlewis37FR33_HUG5science22Scopeotoe987NamelezPaytoPlayJayCeeSknZnRfmn10Xeon_SRT21Rehan010_LoctiteSuperGlue 21 votes

Comments

• ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Yes
    phillgreen wrote: »
    If you can't win 2 out of 3 from your first 26 you probably shouldn't be attempting to win a champ and just shoot for milestones.

If you can't win almost every fight in the 4* basic arena even using 3*, you need to upskill.

If it is the 5* arenas and you are getting smashed, grow your roster.

When I created this poll, I had none of this in mind. It was simply to see whether people abhor the arena streak or not.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Not Sure
    I dont follow any streak guidelines. Just start with my maxed 3* until I run out, then use 4*. The 4* basic is the only arena I take part in.

I can make 600k a round using arena boosts on the 3* (points include 4* use as well) with a pretty short cooldown (Android, lol). I don't do it often because I get bored as hell grinding arena and only shoot for champs of value that are predicted to come in under 3m and only if I can be bothered.

The infinite streak is not the only way to get moving in the arena, I think my second arena took a 161 win streak to make the points and I wasn't following any guides there either.

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    No
    Infinite streak starts at 20 bro.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Yes
    If you can't win 2 out of 3 from your first 26 you probably shouldn't be attempting to win a champ and just shoot for milestones.

If you can't win almost every fight in the 4* basic arena even using 3*, you need to upskill.

It's not always about skill...sometimes it's just bad matchups where your champs dont stand a chance and sometimes the AI just dont fire specials and behaves like aon node , no matter how much u try to bait

Arena has gotten really shi***y !!!
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Does no infinite streak also imply no multiplier x3?
  • VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    No
    infinite streak can be easily obtained even with a relatively poor roster, especially the basic 4* arena. if you can't achieve that it means you need to improve on the game play or you simply have no champs to use in that arena. it's just the 20 first fights where you need to be aware of who you chose and if you are - the fights are pretty easy. there's plenty of guidelines on how to get through them.
    Not Sure
    Rajuteda wrote: »

It's not always about skill...sometimes it's just bad matchups where your champs dont stand a chance and sometimes the AI just dont fire specials and behaves like aon node , no matter how much u try to bait

Arena has gotten really shi***y !!!

Arenas are fine. Our expectations may differ.

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I just want the AI to stop being stupid All or Nothing style in the 5-15 matchups.
  • HadoineHadoine Posts: 23
    I’d play more if infinite streak just wasn’t a thing at all.

Keep increasing the enemy’s pi and the multiplier so that there is at least some skill and fun involved.

Of course aggresive AI would need to be turned on.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Not Sure
    It might. Usually I'm just too lazy to get the streak going so I don't do it.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    No
    Getting to the point of getting the streak going is annoying enough as it... no chance to get the streak going would make it even more painful grind then it already is...
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 495 ★★★
    No
    Think idea he is suggesting is to have all fights easy like they are once infinite streak is achieved.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    No
    I only do couple of fights to get those fast units from rewards, overall arena is boring, don't think anything can fix it, Joel
  • dijitaqdijitaq Posts: 23
    i only play 4* basic with my 4* 4/40 and 4* 5/50 teams. i’m out of the streak at fight 16.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    Sorry, but what is an infinite streak? Just winning multiple arena matches without losing? I’ve seen many references to invite streak, but all I can find on the Internet are instructions on how to do it. But no one ever says why you would, or what the point is. Can someone explain please?
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    Yes
    Getting the streak going is the boring. Makes me not want to do arena. Then having to use certain ranked champs to keep it takes the fun out too. Even with a stacked roster arena is boring because there’s a hidden method to arena. Kabam made arena fun back when they launched TFTF. Once you reached a certain win streak every matchup was labeled easy. You just dont maximize your points every time. Then there’s the whole not enough time to grind because of lives outside the game thing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No
    Sorry, but what is an infinite streak? Just winning multiple arena matches without losing? I’ve seen many references to invite streak, but all I can find on the Internet are instructions on how to do it. But no one ever says why you would, or what the point is. Can someone explain please?

The Infinite Streak is Fight 21 and up. They usually range from Medium to Hard Difficulty, and require a minimum Total PI to maintain, otherwise you'll get Deathmatches. Those are self-explanatory.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★

you do it so you can maintain you x3 score multiplier. if you lose a match you lose ur multipleier and it takes soooo long to score points that way.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    For me Arena is just a means to an end. Battlechips, units, gold, and shards. I'll do anywhere from 3 million to 7.5 million in the 5* arena depending on time and sometimes hit some milestones in the 4* basic arena. There is nothing that could make arena fun for me, but removing the streak would only make the fights take longer, therefore making me do less arena.
    No

The Infinite Streak is Fight 21 and up. They usually range from Medium to Hard Difficulty, and require a minimum Total PI to maintain, otherwise you'll get Deathmatches. Those are self-explanatory.

Really it starts at fight 15 after you get past kang/Thanos. Easy matches start from 15 on, just that 15-20 can still get you hard fights if you bring in the wrong team.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No

Really it starts at fight 15 after you get past kang/Thanos. Easy matches start from 15 on, just that 15-20 can still get you hard fights if you bring in the wrong team.

Well, yes. Typically the Infinite is referred to as 21 and after. You're right, though. That's the threshold.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Arena is currently in the category of "dull but necessary". It would be good if it could be at least a little interesting!

I sometimes grind for the basic 4*, and very rarely for the Featured 4*, but (for me) life is too short to grind for the Featured 4*/5* arena regularly; particularly as I play on Android.

It would be good to change the mechanisms to maintain a bit of challenge, and at least make the arena slightly interesting. Removing the infinite streak mechanism would be one way to do this. Or resetting it at a slightly higher level of difficulty.

As an alternative, it wouldn't take too much effort for Kabam to develop more villain teams, and give them each a different mastery setup:
    Kang: Heavy on defensive masteries
    Thanos: All suicides, max damage masteries
    Ultron: Offensive and class masteries
    Use of Ultron drones (remember them?)
    MODOK: Lots of utility masteries; use of mashup heroes (remember them?)
    Collector: Balanced array of defensive/offensive abilities
    Grandmaster: Heavy on debilitating masteries (resonate, deep wounds, petrify, etc)
  • Yes
    Until a month ago, I couldn't get enough points to get a 4* basic champ. 3 million is now the absolute highest I can get, and that is with getting on as much as I possibly can to do arenas. I don't use units to revive champs, so maybe I should.

Typically I try to get at least most of the milestones in 3 and 4* basic, but I never get very far with 4* featured, as I have to spend most of my time on 4* basic to even have a chance at a champ.

As to the topic of the post, I just wish it was a little less time consuming to get these champs. But I realize if that was the case, then the people with 300k+ ratings would have an even easier time getting champs. I suppose the ideal solution is to figure a way to get the most people possible to qualify for rank rewards, as that would mean more people getting champs.

For the people saying to get better, sure. Summoners like myself need to get better. In the meantime, it would be nice if it wasn't so incredibly difficult and boring to get a few 3, 4 and 5* shards twice a week.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    No
    Getting the infinite streak is the only thing that keeps me sane playing the life suck that is arena.
    No
    Honestly I think that everyone who votes "yes" is wrong lol. Ultimately you'd do less arena with longer fights even if it is marginally more interesting. How long would the interesting last? Some (insane) people love arena and will grind it regardless. For the rest of us it will always be a chore.
    Not Sure
    Arena is fine.

I don't want more challenging fights, I don't want nodes and I don't want to the formulas changed in how matches are selected.

Grinding for champs is a time sucking chore, there is nothing that can be done to improve it for me without making it even easier for everyone better than me.

My own rule is don't grind for anything that needs your absolute attention for three days. I don't even go after the T4B arena unless it happens over the weekend.