**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Off Season Alliance Wars and Tanking and War Rating

This post is meant to be addressed to Kabam and the MCOC community.

I find it very concerning that Kabam hasn't addressed (to my knowledge) about most top alliances tanking essentially all Alliance Wars in the off-season. This not only is detrimental to most alliances in Platinum 3 and lower alliances but to the foundation of what Kabam is trying to accomplished: to create a competitive yet equal playing ground in AW. When alliances tank in the off-season it debilitates lower level alliance in the first few wars of the season when they are matched with P1/Master alliances when they should be matched with alliances respectfully in their own league. They tank in few different ways from not placing defenders to not participating in attack phase of war. Alliances that are not tanking are effectively put at a huge disadvantage once season starts because they are matched against alliances much better than them because of a FALSE inflated war rating. So in turn, if you are a Platinum 3 alliance or lower, if you don't take you risking losing the first several wars once season starts which in turn demoralizes your alliance and creates distaste for the game and AW. In a sense this is a form of collusion and cheating but to be a successful alliance you have no choice to tank unless you want to set yourself and alliance for failure once season starts again.

Solution: Freeze war rating in the off-season or punish alliances with tanking. This is only solution I can think of at this time. The season is a time when you as an alliance realign yourselves and figure a strategy or game plan for the next season. Its also a time to recruit and vet recruits skill set in the game to ensure you have the right members for the next. You can't do this unless alliances are not tanking.

Comments

• RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Hey there. I agree with you on this in many ways.
    But if you think about it, the tanking alliances, what exactly are they doing that is "wrong" or "breaking the rules? "
    I have tried to objectively look at this, and i agree the best solution is to freeze war ratings.
    But at the same time, these alliances arent breaking any rules. the opponent gets a FREE win. FREE rewards, while the tanking alliance does not.

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    If every ally tanks, no ally tanks.

[deep thoughts]
  • BKEsouthpawBKEsouthpaw Posts: 18
    You are correct sir concerning “free rewards” when facing an alliance when tanking but I don’t believe that is the intention or direction that Kabam wants to go with AW. Thank you for your comment.
    I never said my solution was legitimate of freezing war ratings but it’s the only solution I can think of. Alliances tank to get an easy advantage for the first few wars of the season. Tanking is only really effective I’m assuming with the top 250 alliances.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I never said my solution was legitimate of freezing war ratings but it’s the only solution I can think of. Alliances tank to get an easy advantage for the first few wars of the season. Tanking is only really effective I’m assuming with the top 250 alliances.

Triple the amount of war points lost when alliances don't place defenders. Losing 150-200 war points instead of 50-60 war points would reduce tanking.
    Very good suggestion.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    So if all 250 top Allys tank then wouldn't all top 250 still fight each other when season starts? Mindblown
    They rank until they are borderline dipping into Tier below current War Rating Tier bud.
    *Tank
  • Go tell mommy big guys are picking on you and that you need your diaper change :blush:
    Your name must be Poppy bc you’re a little troll... will you sing for us?
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    They are tanking for two reasons:

1. Easy win against weaker alliance
    2. Bonus season points from defenders remaining because there is a higher chance tier 2-3 alliance won’t explore 100% vs master level defense

Not sure how to punish or prevent tanking but Kabam has to remove points for defenders remaining before season 5 starts.

• Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    Some guys will do anything to find something to complain about LOL just cuz you don't like the fact that teams tank, other teams appreciate the free shards it's called the off-season where the season rewards don't count if you don't like the tanking the don't participate in war. In the offseason win or lose I don't care as long as I can build my loyalty to stack my inventory and prepare myself. If we get a mismatch then so be it, that's the other team strategy to lower their rating to face teams that are upcoming and it gives those teams and idea of what they're in for
    I certainly hope you are effected this most by this and your alliance fails. Im not complaining I’m stating the fact that this puts alliances at a disadvantage when the season starts bc they get demolished and out matched. We can’t even practice in off season bc alliances aren’t even placing defenders. This is a joke.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    If every ally tanks, no ally tanks.

[deep thoughts]

Both teams place 0 defenders, zero attackers, basically both do absolutely nothing, and both generate 0 points.

How is the winner/loser determined?

[deeper thoughts]

(I actually am curious how that would be tallied)
    Both teams get zero points I believe.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Both team tied and a loss for both team.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Uppercut wrote: »
    They are tanking for two reasons:

1. Easy win against weaker alliance
    2. Bonus season points from defenders remaining because there is a higher chance tier 2-3 alliance won’t explore 100% vs master level defense

Not sure how to punish or prevent tanking but Kabam has to remove points for defenders remaining before season 5 starts.
    3. Because if they do place defenders they auto win against a tanking alliance. This artificially increases their war rating which then matches them with opponents who out class them during seasons. Can be disasterous for a season.

4. They do not want to spend resources during the off season so they don’t bother to complete the map.

I’ve seen this defenders remaining thing pop up but that is generally supported by allies in the top 3 who’s motivation could be to remove the threat of other allies gaining a point advantage during seasons due to matchmaking. Rather Kabam needs to fix top allies matching significantly lower allies during seasons. ;)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    Hey there. I agree with you on this in many ways.
    But if you think about it, the tanking alliances, what exactly are they doing that is "wrong" or "breaking the rules? "
    I have tried to objectively look at this, and i agree the best solution is to freeze war ratings.
    But at the same time, these alliances arent breaking any rules. the opponent gets a FREE win. FREE rewards, while the tanking alliance does not.

Although not specifically against the TOS, it could be related to creating an unfair advantage and manipulating the two systems. Albeit under the guise of electing not to place. In terms of easy Wins, it's not really. One Ally tanks and gives them a Win, to bulldoze them when Seasons start and covet Points for larger Rewards.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    I can't stand no placement wars, but with that in mind up the top it's near impossible to find alliances that aren't full of such cheats, Kabam for some reason seem fine with this form of cheating.
    Until they actually start being punished we're forced to sit through such BS because too many alliances are chock full of cowards who are too scared for legitimate competition. There's nothing to be done until it starts to affect them like piloting did to their bottom line
    The problem is that tier 2 platinum 2 and 3 alliance have no chance but to tank wars bc if they don’t they will easily win against every non playing alliance in off season. I have seen wars in off season where neither alliance place or attack.
  • OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.....
  • MommaKiller1MommaKiller1 Posts: 25
    We are a 6.8mill alliance we are fairly happy to do wars anytime but our previous war was up against 10mill alliance this one 8mill.
    I don't think it's fair matchups. Please get
    it right kabam
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Aw tiers 1-3 can be very expensive in terms of boosts, potions, and/or units/glory. My alliance is gold 1 and while we weren't tanking we weren't trying to win wars either during the off season. We spent that time focusing on AQ (better rewards) and other content while saving boosts, potions, units/glory.

Once the season started we found that we dont care too much for AW anymore. The rewards from AQ and quests has benefited us more than the rewards from AW seasons. Maybe that will change when season 11 starts and kabam buffs the rewards but many of us are skeptical that the increase will make war worth the effort. For now we are content with cruising through gold 1 after all we lost 9 of 12 wars in season 9 and still finished in the top 150 of gold 1.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    I'm facing an alliance which is 10 mill above our rating. You can really tell the extra 10 mill makes a huge difference in defence and attack teams.

As they decided too tank, they have robbed my alliance of a fair match up and rewards but given high tier alliances free rewards for free matches.

How have they given free rewards to higher alliances you may ask?

Well to tank they would have to lose to top tier alliances. Giving the upper tier players more free resources while dropping down on us lower tier players and robbing us.

Robbing from the lower players and giving to the higher tier players doesn't sound right to me.

People say it's not against the rules and doesn't effect anyone. Trust me it will effected my alliance, as we will not be able to drop the bosses losing out on 75k points.

They really should just freeze alliance war rating during off season and just have wars between tiers you finished in.

If it feels wrong, it most likely is wrong.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    I'm also in a Gold 1 alliance which is getting shafted by platinum 2/3 alliances doing this tactic.

I really hope Kabam notice this trend and starts to do something about it. Most people are already put off AW by rewards. We dont need further discouragement too take part in AW.

They say **** rolls down hill, but shouldnt be the case in games