**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parrying right after a 5 hit combo seems broken.

I'm not sure what's going on exactly. But it seems like it's impossible to parry an enemy when they immediately attack after a 5 hit combo. I've pushed the timing as close as I think and feel to be possible, without getting hit, with over a year and about eight, nine months of experience playing this game.

Comments

• AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Like... don't get me wrong. It happens sometimes, but it seems it's just really really off. :neutral:
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    The timing has changes in the past few updates but with a bit of practicing I can still land parries 90% of time when they attack against most AIs. AQ is the only place where I significantly see a difference in amount of parries landed after a combo probably something with AI recovery time being different.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    It seemed to change for me after 12.0. I found if I do a 5 hit combo ending with a light I can still parry most of the time if they attack immediately. I used to be able to end with a medium and parry, but not since 12.0.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    The timing has changes in the past few updates but with a bit of practicing I can still land parries 90% of time when they attack against most AIs. AQ is the only place where I significantly see a difference in amount of parries landed after a combo probably something with AI recovery time being different.

Yes. Ending a combo with a light attack is an easy parry. Even when the enemy backs up and goes for a medium attack it's easy. Contributing to your said 90% rate. But straight after a 5 hit combo ending with a medium attack and the enemy attacking u immediately afterwards no matter how close I cut it. It doesn't parry. And when it does it seems like it shouldn't of.