OG Vision Synthesis [edited for clarity]

SunilDarurSunilDarur Posts: 24
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

We are paying 100s of dollars and thousands of units to get OG Vision just because of his Synthesis. A 4 star of vision is better than a 5 star coz 5 star OG Vision doesnot Synthesis well. He has to be 200 sig level to get 50%. Tats crazy. Getting 5 star to max sig is not a joke tat you can make and laugh at us.

Why 5 star Hyperion sig is better than 4 star coz 5 star should be powerful than 4 star. Similarly even 5 star OG Vision should get more power than a 4 star. Also he is not Synthesized well at the start of the fight. It’s like peanut sized power pain. Why do you sell such a champ for so much money as nerd him. Plz fix him, plz respect atleast for the money you earned from all of us to buy him.
Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
«1

Comments

  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    dkatryl wrote: »
    It is a little unusual that the 5* sig scales worse than the 4* sig.

    Everyone other one seems to scale better than the 4* version, and even at 100/200 sig, you are around 95% or so of their 200/200 max, which is significantly more than what a sig 99 4* caps at.

    Sig 100/200 5* Hypy is around ~74% buff duration, where a 200/200 Hypy is 75%
    4* Hypy caps at 50%

    Magiks ability scales much worse

    Okay, perhaps there are stand out exceptions, but by and large, 5* sigs top out higher than the 4* counterpart. I dont have a 5* magik to compare to my 4* version. I know my sig 80 4* is 95.41%, and sig 100 is 100%.

    And usually, by the time you've hit sig 40, you are something like 75% or so of the max sig, and the rest of the time is spent getting the last 25% of the sig's effect.

    The growth is usually an exponential decay, skyrockets up then plateus off.

    However, a sig 20 5* vision was 11%. Sig 40 is only 14%. Sig 200 is apparently 50%.

    That isnt 75% of the max sig. That is barely over 25% the max sig.

    So im not saying make the cap something crazy like 75% power gain, keep the same 50% fine. But also keep the same exponentially decaying scaling where sig 40 will get you roughly 75% of the max value, and anu beyond that is only chasing the remaining 25%
  • GluteusMaximusGluteusMaximus Posts: 884 ★★★
    NoWayBro wrote: »
    Totaly agree. I bought 5* og vision thinking the sig scaling would be similar to the 4* and i was wrong. My 4* og vision sig 55 has 45% synthesis 5* sig 116 has 30% synthesis. This is some **** plain and simple

    All i know is my 4/55 hits way harder than my 5/50 and both start a fight with a bar of power, that's good enough for me.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Some 5* sig scaling makes literally zero sense compared to the 4*, I'm pretty sure Kabam isn't even aware of it. Like what is even Hyperion's 5* sig? Gets more than a max sig 4* at sig 20, and then pretty much doesn't scale for the next 180 levels. Wtf?
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,134 ★★★★
    How do you even get 4* OG Vision?
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 530 ★★★
    How do you even get 4* OG Vision?

    Buy him when offered.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Stop complaining about vision. Vision is great duped or not imo. Buying or not is all about personal preference and roster needs. No more complaints pls
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,967 ★★★★
    IW Caps sig scales a bit off too imo. 4* sig 15 abilities trigger around 75% while 5* over 100 sig trigger less.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 674 ★★★
    Again, im not saying have his upper cap go beyond the 50% max sig of the 4*

    Im saying the progressive growth of the sig should be more in line with with the 4*.

    By sig 40-50, you should have roughly 60-75% of the max sig, then the growth tapers off sharply for the remaining 150ish sig levels.

    As it is, at sig 40, you only have 14% out of the 50% at max sig, which is barely over a quarter of the max.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I waited until today's tech proving grounds to get a sample of a low sig 4* OG Vision, so now with the numbers in hand:

    4* OG Vision, sig 3 = 18.72%
    5* OG Vision, sig 40 = 14.39%

    Now, considering a 5% goes to sig 200, one could argue that a sig 40 5* is proportionately equivalent to a sig 20 4*.

    That still means a sig 3 4* Vision has a more potent effect than a sig 20 5* Vision.

    That doesn't seem right.

    Leave the cap for both at 50%, fine.

    But a sig 40 5* should at least equal a sig 20 4*.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,448 ★★★★
    You don’t want og vision to start with 3 bars of power unless he’s on defense. His sp1 and sp2 are much better for fights than the sp3. I have mine at sig 199. Don’t regret it all. He’s way better than the 4* at 4/55 and he will be my 4th 5/65. His sig scales the exact way it needs to for a 5*. I have no issue with it
  • dkatryl wrote: »
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    dkatryl wrote: »
    It is a little unusual that the 5* sig scales worse than the 4* sig.

    Everyone other one seems to scale better than the 4* version, and even at 100/200 sig, you are around 95% or so of their 200/200 max, which is significantly more than what a sig 99 4* caps at.

    Sig 100/200 5* Hypy is around ~74% buff duration, where a 200/200 Hypy is 75%
    4* Hypy caps at 50%

    Magiks ability scales much worse

    Okay, perhaps there are stand out exceptions, but by and large, 5* sigs top out higher than the 4* counterpart. I dont have a 5* magik to compare to my 4* version. I know my sig 80 4* is 95.41%, and sig 100 is 100%.

    And usually, by the time you've hit sig 40, you are something like 75% or so of the max sig, and the rest of the time is spent getting the last 25% of the sig's effect.

    The growth is usually an exponential decay, skyrockets up then plateus off.

    However, a sig 20 5* vision was 11%. Sig 40 is only 14%. Sig 200 is apparently 50%.

    That isnt 75% of the max sig. That is barely over 25% the max sig.

    So im not saying make the cap something crazy like 75% power gain, keep the same 50% fine. But also keep the same exponentially decaying scaling where sig 40 will get you roughly 75% of the max value, and anu beyond that is only chasing the remaining 25%

    I recall there was a "trial experiment" done a number of years ago I believe by Mutamatt(I could be mistaken on the individual) that basically revealed that the most "bang for your buck" for sig levels was like at 7 or some very low number similar, which gave you the greatest increase in abilities, and substantially scales downward from that point on.
    It's very noticeable if you happen to awaken a champ(not dupe) and add sig levels one at a time. I've had champs PI rating jump up anywhere from 50 to 100+ points from one Sig level then tapers down to either 1 or 2 points or nothing at all.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 609 ★★
    I never thought about sig scaling of 4* and 5*.
    But When its that way,
    WHY IS BLACK WIDOW NOT AS 5* AVALIBLE?
    sorry for my shouting. But it makes no sense When her sig can be capped at 90% too
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 525 ★★
    NoWayBro wrote: »
    Totaly agree. I bought 5* og vision thinking the sig scaling would be similar to the 4* and i was wrong. My 4* og vision sig 55 has 45% synthesis 5* sig 116 has 30% synthesis. This is some **** plain and simple

    And they won't give us 5 star wolverine or scarlet witch because why? Obviously they can scale potentially OP 5 stars down when they want to. The whole vision offers deal is ridiculous. I'm still mad I wasted money on the 4 star offer earlier in the year. So glad they didn't rope again with the 5 star.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 271 ★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    dkatryl wrote: »
    It is a little unusual that the 5* sig scales worse than the 4* sig.

    Everyone other one seems to scale better than the 4* version, and even at 100/200 sig, you are around 95% or so of their 200/200 max, which is significantly more than what a sig 99 4* caps at.

    Sig 100/200 5* Hypy is around ~74% buff duration, where a 200/200 Hypy is 75%
    4* Hypy caps at 50%

    Magiks ability scales much worse

    Okay, perhaps there are stand out exceptions, but by and large, 5* sigs top out higher than the 4* counterpart. I dont have a 5* magik to compare to my 4* version. I know my sig 80 4* is 95.41%, and sig 100 is 100%.

    And usually, by the time you've hit sig 40, you are something like 75% or so of the max sig, and the rest of the time is spent getting the last 25% of the sig's effect.

    The growth is usually an exponential decay, skyrockets up then plateus off.

    However, a sig 20 5* vision was 11%. Sig 40 is only 14%. Sig 200 is apparently 50%.

    That isnt 75% of the max sig. That is barely over 25% the max sig.

    So im not saying make the cap something crazy like 75% power gain, keep the same 50% fine. But also keep the same exponentially decaying scaling where sig 40 will get you roughly 75% of the max value, and anu beyond that is only chasing the remaining 25%

    I am surprised too that he scales so poorly. He also doesn’t have the damage from his specials that you would expect from a 5*. Even when he drains 3 bars of power the bonus damage is lacklustre. Compare that to venom or carnage or luke cage...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,448 ★★★★
    Vision is not meant to be a high damage champ. He already has utility with synthesis, power drain, heal block, and double immunities. Damage is his weak point but he’s still a great champ. That’s why I love his synergy with void
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 441 ★★★
    Wait til they slash the price on him in half the next time they sell him in month or two like they did with the 4* version. You guys are gonna be real mad then.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,601 ★★★★
    Then I hope to dupe the champ at lower price. Yay!
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 441 ★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Then I hope to dupe the champ at lower price. Yay!

    Most already paid to dupe him, also people were irate when they did this with 4*. I will just laugh if it happens again with the 5*.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 271 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Vision is not meant to be a high damage champ. He already has utility with synthesis, power drain, heal block, and double immunities. Damage is his weak point but he’s still a great champ. That’s why I love his synergy with void

    Good points. I think what the Op’s main point is that his Sig Scaling is poor as a 5*. Perhaps he could gain more power initially per sig level up to 100 then slower from 100-200 since sig levels are so hard to come by. In addition, maybe his special damage could scale with his sig level?
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,074 ★★★★★
    We went through this whole outcry with Hawkeye. Kabam ain't gonna change it. Some champs have poor scaling as 5*. Magik and Hawkeye are prime examples.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 209
    Should’ve done your research before spending 5K units or 10K, if you didn’t have a gem like me ;)

    I had 140 stones to chuck into him, very happy with my new 5/65
  • At max sig level, the 5* vision has 0.01% less synthesis power gain than the 4*. However, the difference is very noticeable at the start of a fight. With max sig 4* vision a parry, synthesis, plus 5 hit combo results in 2 bars of power. With a 5* vision you are just under 2 bars of power. Obviously not the end of the world but pretty annoying since you would expect the 5 star sig ability to be at least as good as the 4* version.
Sign In or Register to comment.