**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who Is That One Champion You Love Playing, But Can't Justify Ranking?

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
We all know at some point in the game, rank up materials will limit who you can rank up (currently the limiting resource for me is t2a catalysts). Basically my question is, what champion do you enjoy playing, but can't justify wasting resources on because the game forces us to save for a select pool of champs that will help us advance?

That champion for me is Thor (Ragnarok). I have a duped 5* Thor Rag at r3 and after playing with him a bunch, I find that he is one of my favorite champs to play with. I love using that sp3 and then going to town on shocks and armor breaks. Unfortunately, I really have no intention of taking him to r4 because I need to save my t2a catalysts for Blade, KM, or Korg who will all in some way be able to help me or my alliance progress.

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Loki
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Any sick looking cosmic that I don’t have. I’m all in on Medusa after plunking a 5* cosmic gem on her.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Wasp, I have her at r3 and wish I could take her up, she just doesn’t do enough to get the t2a imo
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Loki is probably the funnest champ for me to mess around with.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Winter soldier. With synergy he could've replace SL for me and allow km to true strike on intercept. Current meta and resources just don't allow me to justify his rank up.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Yellowjacket is a lot of fun, as well as Green Goblin and Red Hulk. They take the back seat however, since I have ranked quite a few Tech & Science champs recently and others have priority now.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Bruce12342 wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Winter soldier. With synergy he could've replace SL for me and allow km to true strike on intercept. Current meta and resources just don't allow me to justify his rank up.

I’ve got R5 WS, R5 KM, and R5 Void... Trust me, it’s not a waste ;)

Awesome! I have r5 km and void too.... I am torn lol.
  • Evil_Monkey88Evil_Monkey88 Posts: 125
    Civil warrior. He has swift movements, good animations, and a little power drain which is always helpful.

• Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    I would say the hood. I’m not saying he is bad he is definitely great. But he is not worth r4 5* as there are much better mystic options.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yep Civil Warrior. I've always liked him. I've got a duped 5* and always said if I have spare resources I'd take him to R3 but always someone needs it more. He needs just a little more damage. If they would give him an attack boost per permanent armor ups I think he might be a viable champ.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Spider Gwen(if not her unblockable sp1 i might rank her, hard hitter), Loki( actually very good for intercepting and feel so good to steal some funny buffs), punisher(the skill catalysts always have better use for others), Blue cyclops(childhood memories, I hate red cyclops)
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

The thing that would make me hesitate about r5 WS, is that he is available as a 6*... Would kinda suck to pull him as a 6* right after you spent all of the resources to r5 your 5*.
    Werewrym wrote: »

The thing that would make me hesitate about r5 WS, is that he is available as a 6*... Would kinda suck to pull him as a 6* right after you spent all of the resources to r5 your 5*.

You could say the same about KM and void though
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

You could say the same about KM and void though

True...
  • You could say the same about KM and void though

Not with void, he needs high sig to be a monster.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I have a handful of 4 stars at rank 4 that I enjoy using, Hulk rags, elektra, the hood, sparky, I want to rank them but now my focus is on building up my 5 stars so the rank up materials never find their way to my 4 stars anymore.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Yellowjacket is a lot of fun, as well as Green Goblin and Red Hulk. They take the back seat however, since I have ranked quite a few Tech & Science champs recently and others have priority now.

Rank up that Red Hulk. He is such a beast.

He should be renamed "Red Hulk: Destroyer of Mystics"
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    OG black panther, I've always loved using him especially with deep wounds. A well timed l3 can get an insane amount of bleeds going, but he's too dependent on bleed for damage and there are other bleeders that have more utility for me to justify being able to rank him up. He was one of my first 4* r5's when I first started playing though, before some of the newer champs came out.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Thor
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Duped 5* Luke Cage to R4 because I pulled a 6* Luke Cage. The 6* isn't duped, but I can't justify using the 4 T2As to take the duped 5* to R4...love LC now though!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Spider-Gwen. I LOVE playing as Spider-Gwen.

It's funny. I love the feeling of taking down Champs with her. XD
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Most 4*s
  • My 4 star miles morales probably
    I was being serious about Spider-Gwen btw. I like throwing her l1 right in the middle of the opponents dash.

She actually hits pretty hard too
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Rank up that Red Hulk. He is such a beast.

He should be renamed "Red Hulk: Destroyer of Mystics"

Definitely. Just used my 4/40 rhulk in dungeon 4 mystic path(obviously), did 5 to 6 rooms using him for every fight, so much fun