**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

account sharing in game message

Comments

• LiArViAsLiArViAs Posts: 2
    So what exactly "ACCOUNT SHARING" means when you say - account sharing is not allowed?
    It is a bit confusing.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    what if someone logs in to do someone's AW fight for them?

That's account sharing ...
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike you need to come out and be clear here...

Is helping an alliance member move in AQ/ AW considered "sharing"? Yes or NO, and that will clear a lot of the confusion.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Raa wrote: »
    Thats kinda crazy now, not a good way to solve a problem, gonna get banned if i let my buddy in my ally finish my line. Crazy

Yes thats cheating lol, account sharing is against the TOS for any reason.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

Is helping an alliance member move in AQ/ AW considered "sharing"? Yes or NO, and that will clear a lot of the confusion.

It is and has always been like that
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    grud9e wrote: »
    You are contradicting the in-game message Miike. "This includes sharing your account with another person or advertised service that is using a cheat to complete in-game content you pay them to complete."

Which is it? account sharing or account sharing with someone using a cheat?

It's both. Account sharing is not allowed, and cheating is not allowed. Account sharing with somebody that uses cheats is not allowed either.

Lol are you going to ban half your player base then?
    Jon0311 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

You need to explain this sharing rule, just because alliance members share their account with other members of their alliance should not constitute a ban unless they use cheat tools

They should definitely get banned, they are "ACCOUNT SHARING" which is against the TOS you agreed to.
    Appleisgod wrote: »

It is and has always been like that

I agree, I just see people asking and I would like to see a clear, "yes, this will get you banned" answer from Kabam. Then I'd like to see it enforced. I have a sneaky suspicion that a **** load of "map 6 alliances" do this.

If it's allowed for them, it's allowed for everyone. If it's NOT allowed, enforce it.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★

They are never gonna come out and say that account sharing with alliance members is ok.

People sharing their accounts have always run the risk of getting sanctioned, however I don't think they will ban people for having someone move them in aw/aq but you never know

Wouldn't have many accounts left tho
  • Ted1260Ted1260 Posts: 1
    So what if an alliance member is on holidays or in hospital or something and cannot get on is it OK for others in his alliance to move him in aq as long as they aren't doing quests and grinding arenas and stuff?
    Ted1260 wrote: »
    So what if an alliance member is on holidays or in hospital or something and cannot get on is it OK for others in his alliance to move him in aq as long as they aren't doing quests and grinding arenas and stuff?

This is the kind of confusion I'm talking about, btw.
  • SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    So is an Android on virtual machine also not allowed?
  • vipin1111vipin1111 Posts: 6
    my acount is bann eneybody halp us
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Ted1260 wrote: »

You boot him or you risk logging in and getting him banned. It's black and white here unfortunately. We had a guy get stabbed in Chicago a year ago. No one even knew a thing. Gave him a few days then booted him. A month later when he was out of a medically induced coma we let him back in when there was an opening.
    Schapenkop wrote: »

This has been stated as against the TOS numerous times.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    What is so hard to understand. Account sharing is letting ANYONE log in with your account details and they use your account even moving 1 spot in aw or aq. It's against the TOS and can be punishable by a ban. Is that easy enough to understand.
    Dred wrote: »
    I completely agree with the cheating aspect, people advertising to complete game content like LOL etc and getting paid for it. Not so much with account sharing within alliances. People have lives, takeing breaks and vacations. Are you saying that in order for them to do that they need to leave their alliance for the duration they are off game and then rejoin when they return, missing out on rewards as they are locked out for 7 or 10 days whatever it is. And if people go on vacation but stay in the alliance you are disabling the alliance by being a player or more down making AQ and AW more difficult or even impossible to complete. allowing people within your alliance to log in and do the odd AQ/AW fight is hardly the crime of the century. Unless you can issue some kind of holiday pass so we don't get locked out from rewards.

Again, confusion.

@Kabam Miike you need to be clear. This is either OK, or not. We need to have a definitive answer.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Schapenkop wrote: »

Definitely not, it's classed a third party app an is against the ToS, they have banned loads of people in the past for using them
  • grud9egrud9e Posts: 85
    grud9e wrote: »
    You are contradicting the in-game message Miike. "This includes sharing your account with another person or advertised service that is using a cheat to complete in-game content you pay them to complete."

Which is it? account sharing or account sharing with someone using a cheat?

It's both. Account sharing is not allowed, and cheating is not allowed. Account sharing with somebody that uses cheats is not allowed either.

The in-game message should have read like this. It does not as it sits.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Having more than one account and more than one device is allowed.
    Account sharing is when someone plays in an account that doesn't belong to him. This is applied to players that are playing on their alliance members accounts

I think its more for people paying for merc services honestly.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    I completely agree with the cheating aspect, people advertising to complete game content like LOL etc and getting paid for it. Not so much with account sharing within alliances. People have lives, takeing breaks and vacations. Are you saying that in order for them to do that they need to leave their alliance for the duration they are off game and then rejoin when they return, missing out on rewards as they are locked out for 7 or 10 days whatever it is. And if people go on vacation but stay in the alliance you are disabling the alliance by being a player or more down making AQ and AW more difficult or even impossible to complete. allowing people within your alliance to log in and do the odd AQ/AW fight is hardly the crime of the century. Unless you can issue some kind of holiday pass so we don't get locked out from rewards.

Again, confusion.

@Kabam Miike you need to be clear. This is either OK, or not. We need to have a definitive answer.

how much more definitive can it be?

account sharing is against the terms of service.
    Stara99 wrote: »
    What is so hard to understand. Account sharing is letting ANYONE log in with your account details and they use your account even moving 1 spot in aw or aq. It's against the TOS and can be punishable by a ban. Is that easy enough to understand.

What's hard to understand is, it's happening at all levels of the game EVERYDAY and has become commonplace. If this in game mail is meant to stop it, we need to know what's being discussed, and if it will be enforced.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    @Vdh2008 anyone logging into your account to do anything is account sharing. What's so hard to understand. It's punishable by ban and against the TOS!!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Y'all are hilarious.
    Qwerty wrote: »

Again, confusion.

how much more definitive can it be?

account sharing is against the terms of service.

Then why is it so prevalent? I can guarantee that more than half the alliances in the top 200 do this daily.
  • JoesekiJoeseki Posts: 53
    Kabam Mike please clarify the following practices as cheating or not. I've included a list of possible actions some I think are not cheating, some are clearly cheating.

1) Logging into alliance member account to move them in AQ or AW because Real life is got them too busy, and the rest of the alliance is getting frustrated. (Different time zone can do this to an alliance)
    2) Logging into another account that you play exclusively.(You have two or more accounts)
    3) Logging into someones else account and grind basic/featured arena for them
    4) Logging into someones account and completing Master Level Quest boss for them
    5) Logging into someones account and completing RttL, LOL, ROL for them
    6) Using 3rd party software to improve your fighting skill to win

This might clarify for the community some practices you just don't care about that benefit Kabam and do not hurt the community, as opposed to practices that clearly hurt the community and Kabams detriment.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

Then why is it so prevalent? I can guarantee that more than half the alliances in the top 200 do this daily.

it being prevalent and it being a bannable offense are two separate issues.

whether or not other alliances do it isn't really your concern. stay clean or risk being banned. pretty simple.
    Joeseki wrote: »
    Kabam Mike please clarify the following practices as cheating or not. I've included a list of possible actions some I think are not cheating, some are clearly cheating.

1) Logging into alliance member account to move them in AQ or AW because Real life is got them too busy, and the rest of the alliance is getting frustrated. (Different time zone can do this to an alliance)
    2) Logging into another account that you play exclusively.(You have two or more accounts)
    3) Logging into someones else account and grind basic/featured arena for them
    4) Logging into someones account and completing Master Level Quest boss for them
    5) Logging into someones account and completing RttL, LOL, ROL for them
    6) Using 3rd party software to improve your fighting skill to win

This might clarify for the community some practices you just don't care about that benefit Kabam and do not hurt the community, as opposed to practices that clearly hurt the community and Kabams detriment.

What needs to be clarified?

ALL ARE AGAINST THE TOS! ALL ARE BANNABLE OFFENSES? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS?
This discussion has been closed.