**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

account sharing in game message

Comments

• Vasant_SPVasant_SP Posts: 1
    As crazy fan of this game I have three account on game and two devices to operate them.
    I used to login on any account on any device is this ban going to affect my account.
    As really worked hard on 2 accounts specially one them is at 45 levle while other at 52 levle.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Joeseki wrote: »
    Kabam Mike please clarify the following practices as cheating or not. I've included a list of possible actions some I think are not cheating, some are clearly cheating.

1) Logging into alliance member account to move them in AQ or AW because Real life is got them too busy, and the rest of the alliance is getting frustrated. (Different time zone can do this to an alliance)
    2) Logging into another account that you play exclusively.(You have two or more accounts)
    3) Logging into someones else account and grind basic/featured arena for them
    4) Logging into someones account and completing Master Level Quest boss for them
    5) Logging into someones account and completing RttL, LOL, ROL for them
    6) Using 3rd party software to improve your fighting skill to win

This might clarify for the community some practices you just don't care about that benefit Kabam and do not hurt the community, as opposed to practices that clearly hurt the community and Kabams detriment.

i was under the impression #1 wasn't cheating

See? Confusion.

All y'all haggling me, and yet the rules ARE NOT CLEAR to everyone.

the rules are very clear.

are you logging into your own account -> not account sharing
    is somebody else logging into your account -> account sharing

But how can Kabam know?

Well they can't if its ur own device
    Otherwise if you have lightspeed and suddenly log in from your friend's home then we need some exceptions
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    What if I log in on my work phone at work, and on my iPad at home. Is that allowed? I don't want to get banned for using 2 devices.

that is what i do. or if i am on the go then i use my main phone and my game phone when i get home.

But how does Kabam know thats actually me using 2 devices in two locations versus someone account sharing and 2 people logging in from 2 different places? I just want to be sure that using multiple accounts is not a bannable offense. @Kabam Miike

Using your account on 2 devices yourself is okay, as long as it's you accessing the game yourself and not somebody else. I do the same. I don't want to bring my iPad to work everyday, so I use my phone at work, and my iPad at home.

Wait...so you get to play while at work? Is that part of your job? Lucky. :D

• VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    The_One wrote: »
    lol in aq with one hour timers good luck doing aq 5 without the occasional help of being able to log in for one of your teammate

We run map 5 every day and no-one has my account info.
    There's no section of AQ that has 10 paths so there's always a backup

Well good for you then, but not all of us are or can be that much available in the day... now if timers were 30 minutes instead of an hour that would be helpful
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    What if I log in on my work phone at work, and on my iPad at home. Is that allowed? I don't want to get banned for using 2 devices.

that is what i do. or if i am on the go then i use my main phone and my game phone when i get home.

But how does Kabam know thats actually me using 2 devices in two locations versus someone account sharing and 2 people logging in from 2 different places? I just want to be sure that using multiple accounts is not a bannable offense. @Kabam Miike

Using your account on 2 devices yourself is okay, as long as it's you accessing the game yourself and not somebody else. I do the same. I don't want to bring my iPad to work everyday, so I use my phone at work, and my iPad at home.

Wait...so you get to play while at work? Is that part of your job? Lucky. :D

During lunch I can and before the work day begins
  • DredDred Posts: 8

As do I. But in that case, how do you know it's me logging into my own devices or not?! As I said earlier I'm sure this is all aimed at banning mercs getting paid to do content but any comment on on my previous post about allowing alliance members to log in and complete the odd fight in AQ and AW as is the case for the majority of alliances? And any comment about when we have a vacation and are away from the game hindering our alliances and losing rewards on our return?
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult here, but what if I am logging in at home, then I go on vacation for a week to another state and log in there? That could be construed as account sharing because it's two locations? I would be using the same device though. That in game mail is making me nervous! @Kabam Miike
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    I have a friend for whom i will sometimes do a limited time quest (like a stark assignments)or arena run for if he is busy. Could behaviour like this potentially get his account banned?
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    So many people admitting to violating TOS. You do realize your forum account is linked to your in-game account now?

Shush thats the fun part lol
  • hurricant wrote: »
    Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult here, but what if I am logging in at home, then I go on vacation for a week to another state and log in there? That could be construed as account sharing because it's two locations? I would be using the same device though. That in game mail is making me nervous! @Kabam Miike

That's definitely not Account sharing. If you're playing legitimately, you don't have to worry. We're not careless when it comes to banning players. We're pretty meticulous about it.
  • hurricant wrote: »

That's definitely not Account sharing. If you're playing legitimately, you don't have to worry. We're not careless when it comes to banning players. We're pretty meticulous about it.

what is taken into consideration when you ban a player?
  • FlashFlash Posts: 2
    All that money spent gone to waste! No idea why I got banned but I'm done with this game. It was fun the first year and downhill since.
  • Jon0311 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

You need to explain this sharing rule, just because alliance members share their account with other members of their alliance should not constitute a ban unless they use cheat tools

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    It's ironic that this message comes out a week after the Web Slinger challenge started. I know it is not that difficult of a challenge, but I also know I've seen that title on a lot of accounts that were "suspect."
    So have there been any bans in the light of all this, I've heard there's some bans already happened?
    edited July 2017
    Dred wrote: »
    So have there been any bans in the light of all this, I've heard there's some bans already happened?

Check the forum. There have been lots of bans it seems. Plus there are over 321 people on the forums right now. That's a lot more action than usual.
    Just seen from another Line group, at least one full alliance been banned!
    Dred wrote: »
    Just seen from another Line group, at least one full alliance been banned!

Wow...did they admit they cheated?
  • What if I use a VPN from time to time? There are other apps I use that require me to use different locations. Sometimes, I remember to kill the VPN connection before jumping into mcoc, sometimes I don't. So my location would look pretty erratic. I'd hate to catch heat for something so innocent while the top alliances are free to do as they wish. In the end, my fake or real location is none of kabam's business tbh.

Also, all you people who see everything as strictly black and white are beyond ridiculous. Grow up.
  • Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    I am glad that they are cracking down on hackers, but the ingame message was vague. An official statement needs to be released here on the forums detailing exactly what will get you banned. I know many players in top tier alliances that share their account info, so that others can take care of their AQ/AW while they sleep.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

Hey mike sorry to bother you but my daughter and my self have accounts me iPad Air her iphone6. A lot of times during aq and aw or when playing above her level in story or events, she will login in to her account on my iPad ( she likes the bigger screen) and since she can't use her iPad 2 anymore she's pretty well stuck doing it this way.
    Is this cheating she is loging into her own account playing herself on her account she is just doing it on my device.

Should I have her stop???
    Thanks mainer123. And her mainer456
  • Let me gey this straight, i know a guy that just got banned for letting his wife play for him. And if another guy lets his 10 year old play on his account he gets permanent ban. And had a guy on old alliance that could beat aq boss with all nodes incoming, and took no damage. He was a cheater, but kabam hasnt banned him yet and that was 2 yeats ago. But oh god its cheating if someone else plays you account. If this is true, didnt seatin make a video of him playing with his friends account on youtube.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    :) They have already said multiple times that logging into an account other than one of your own is a bannable offense. The "rules" are black and white, you're free to disagree with them though and out yourself for cheating :)
  • emceehaoemceehao Posts: 1
    Miike. Can you please clarify for hardcore players who started a 2nd account. Will switching between the 2 accounts on the same device at the same location get you banned?
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Hey mike sorry to bother you but my daughter and my self have accounts me iPad Air her iphone6. A lot of times during aq and aw or when playing above her level in story or events, she will login in to her account on my iPad ( she likes the bigger screen) and since she can't use her iPad 2 anymore she's pretty well stuck doing it this way.
    Is this cheating she is loging into her own account playing herself on her account she is just doing it on my device.

Should I have her stop???
    Thanks mainer123. And her mainer456

Don't be a cheapskate...buy your daughter a new iPad. Just kidding...please do not be offended. I have the same issue with my old iPad gen 2 also.
  • JP4MJP4M Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Hey All,

Quer dizer q se eu compartilhar a conta com um amigo msm q seja pra ele fazer meu caminho em AQ pq eu n estou podendo jogar eu vou ser banido?
This discussion has been closed.