**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Shell Alliances in War

Kabam, are you investigating alliances that are being used as shell alliances for war? I just found an alliance that ranked last war season "Season 2: Gold 1". Seems to me that if this was an active alliance, they should have a record for Season 3 and Season 4, which would show under their Last season status.

Thank you.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    They have no impact on season rankings as you win off points for the season. If they arent doing wars, it wont ever matter.
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    Apologies, I think I misrepresented the issue. This particular alliance is now active in war this season with above average total member rating for Tier 4. My assumption, although I could be wrong, is that last season, these members were in a different alliance at a higher tier, and are now trying to work their way back up the ranks through easier opponents. That old alliance will probably drop down tiers this season and then be ready to rinse and repeat next season or the season after.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    They can take off a season or rebuild, not sure how this is an issue.
    Docmotts wrote: »
    Apologies, I think I misrepresented the issue. This particular alliance is now active in war this season with above average total member rating for Tier 4. My assumption, although I could be wrong, is that last season, these members were in a different alliance at a higher tier, and are now trying to work their way back up the ranks through easier opponents. That old alliance will probably drop down tiers this season and then be ready to rinse and repeat next season or the season after.

Still nothing wrong. They took over a old alliance and working their way up. Perfectly legit and not against the rules.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    you just had to get one rooten Egg while recruiting. one member could screw the whole alliance ranknking. (not anymore luckely). sometimes Allys rebuild as retireed Ally with old members after a season of effortles recruiting for Gold 1 Members (and got some sharer by this, when unlucky))
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Maybe the alliance fell apart like many others and everyone left. Nothing wrong with rebuilding it at some point
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    I would agree with all points, but even a legit rebuilding alliance would do war every season. It isn't the fact that their average member rating is high for tier 4, their total member rating is high for tier 4, they have at least one 1,000,000 rating member in this ally. This is all about them not having a season 3 or season 4 war rating during season. Also, still waiting for a mod to respond. I will not be tagging them.
    Docmotts wrote: »
    I would agree with all points, but even a legit rebuilding alliance would do war every season. It isn't the fact that their average member rating is high for tier 4, their total member rating is high for tier 4, they have at least one 1,000,000 rating member in this ally. This is all about them not having a season 3 or season 4 war rating during season. Also, still waiting for a mod to respond. I will not be tagging them.

You aren't understand what is probably happening. They probably moved to this alliance after leaving another. This alliance probably hasn't been used in a few seasons like you said and since they took it over, they are now competing. If they knew the leader or it was a 2nd account holding the alliance but not active, they could all join and take it over. That's what we did with my current alliance. They had a 2nd account in a old alliance and we took it over and renamed it. Still nothing wrong with what they are doing.