**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Kicked for cheating???

Seven47Seven47 Member Posts: 7
Kabam! I got a notice today for cheating with a permanent ban. This caught me by surprise as I am not a cheater. How do I go about arguing this?
If you are going to ban me for nothing I expect a full refund for every penny spent on your game...please respond
Thank you

Comments

• Seven47Seven47 Member Posts: 7
    lbjdtb4xk121.png
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Member Posts: 829 ★★
    Lol , if u are talking about the message u got from game team , so that's a generic message addressed to everyone, but if u have received a individual notic , then u should take that very seriously cause Kabam is taking it very seriously
    Xthea, I didn't receive a personal notice. Just the generic one. But it says permanent
    Kronos...if you saw my account it would make sense. I'm not even through map 6 all the way. I have 0 - 5* featured champs, and only 3 r4 5*. No idea what they are referring to
  • AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Doesn't matter if you've never cheated. If you shared your account with others, it's against the Terms of Service of this game. If you never shared your account info, then send a ticket to Kabam and hope for the best.
    edited July 2017
    They also have differing rules for bans. I am in the military and I have lived in three time zones in the last 4 months...I would have expected at least some contact to question my activity. If they flagged me and issued a warning and listed out the suspicious activity then i could defend it.
    In the last 6 months I have been in Alaska, Canada, Colorado, Washington, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. And within this states I have been in several different locations from day to day.
    Addyos, I can't even send in a ticket bc I can't get past the shutdown screen. This forum and a phone call I just made are the only avenues they left available.
  • TRex563TRex563 Member Posts: 7
    I can attest to that. I've known Seven47 for years. He has always done stuff the right way. I'm sure a little clarity from the other side would be greatly appreciated.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Member Posts: 352 ★★
    Have a look at the TOS and honestly ask yourself if you violated any of those rules. I'm not saying you cheated, but not saying you're innocent either; only you know if you broke one of their rules.

I believe the perm bans that were handed out didn't discriminate, whether you used a mod to explore LoL or if it was some harmless third-party recording software.

As an example, suppose you played professional sports; half the products sold at supplement stores will get you suspended or kicked out of the league. They may not be illegal drugs that'll get you thrown in jail, but if the rules are you can't drink more than one energy drink a day and you drink two (sorry, stupid analogy but I'll roll with it), you will get punished.

Anyway, sucks that you got banned; I know the time & effort it takes to progress in this game, so I hope things work out for the better either way.
  • OnaKushDietOnaKushDiet Member Posts: 23
    What im wondering is..i know ive seen alliances have others logg in info for finishing alliance quests etc...thats considered cheating so im assuming anyone whos even just done that will be banned
  • Harada78Harada78 Member Posts: 31
    Kabam please look into seven47 account and see what the deal . Our military guys travel a lot and this is an injustice to our boys please explain what was the reason for this banned ? So I guess if your In the military you can't play marvel contest of champion?
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Member Posts: 213 ★★
    I highly doubt that is the case. Was anyone else in your alliance banned? Did you pay someone money to have them do something for you? Have you shared your account details? Logging in from different places and different IP addresses shouldn't matter.
  • Buff_DaddyBuff_Daddy Member Posts: 5
    This is a complete load of hot stinky garbage. 7 isn't a cheater. He plays the right way across the board. Just look at his account. No legend tag, no feature 5*, no new champs. Dude is completely legit.
  • Mobogim990Mobogim990 Member Posts: 11
    same
  • CKangCKang Member Posts: 2
    Haha kabam is without a doubt a criminal organization.
  • CKangCKang Member Posts: 2
    They don't give u **** for all ur hard work. 99.99% of all the champs are useless in most quests, challenges and events. The structure of the game is set up for the failure of most people who play. Average people with lives and responsibilities.
    You can't spend money and loads valueable time on you're account. And one dag.. POOF! You're banned. Sorry not sorry.
    I mean scroll up!! This poor dude is trying to proove he's not cheating in the game by explaininhg the fact that he hasent gotten anywhere in it.
    Its pathetic.
    Only 00.05% of the champs in this gamebare even useful for most of the content. And 99.99% U WILL NOT GET ONE OF THOSE CHAMPS.
    They make more challenges and quests with rewards that may help u advance and get somewhere. But yet its only obtainable for the players who have already gotten somewhere. Its all crooked.
  • HerediusHeredius Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2017
    Don't know what happened to you but if you have shared your account with anyone that has used a mod or on a phone that is modded it would result in a ban from what it looks like. You may not cheat but there might be someone who you shared your account with that isn't being honest about modding and likely got your account penalized as a result. A modder that hasn't been honest about modding isn't going to come out after after getting your account permanently banned. Good luck either way man. Don't know what happened but at least this is some info to start looking into.
  • Thunderfire97Thunderfire97 Member Posts: 9
    Kabam, we need a response here. I've played with Seven47 off and on in more than one alliance over the past couple of years, and he's always played straight. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Everything on his account was earned, and you should either give this Soldier a full refund, or reinstate is account posthaste.
  • HazemHazem Member Posts: 243
    Send a ticket to kabam, they'll answer u there
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Member Posts: 207
    I believe they determine if you are account sharing based on login location changing X times, within X period. For example, if I login at home in the US, then later my account is accessed in Japan. This means (most likely) that a bot is accessing my account from Japan, which breaks the TOS. What is the duration they look for? Is it X countries within X days? If so then the original poster has a case, and should have been notified prior to automating a ban.
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Member Posts: 122
    You guys are killing me, how do you even know he is in the military? He's a cheater and I don't care how many of his Alliance mates chime in and try to defend him. Prolly lying about be a solider too, which is even more pathetic
  • wray1976wray1976 Member Posts: 459 ★★
    I highly doubt that is the case. Was anyone else in your alliance banned? Did you pay someone money to have them do something for you? Have you shared your account details? Logging in from different places and different IP addresses shouldn't matter.
    JFerg114 wrote: »
    You guys are killing me, how do you even know he is in the military? He's a cheater and I don't care how many of his Alliance mates chime in and try to defend him. Prolly lying about be a solider too, which is even more pathetic

How do you know he's not? Kabam has made plenty of mistakes in the past so its not far fetched that they screwed up. Kabam can barely roll out a game update without messing up everything.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Member Posts: 674
    Go this link for support
    Guys, this post was for kabam to reach out to me so we can clear it up. I don't mind that some of you doubt me, it's kinda what people do when they hide behind their phones. Say what you need to say. I have been playing this game since shortly after it came out. I remember the old PB teams, and how bad ass I thought my r3 IF was. I've never really been a boss killer, or a big spender. I cut out purchasing champ crystals earlier in the year and when they changed the arena format i run both 4* arenas for the units. I run all 4 levels of the event quests and use my units for defeating quests. I'm about 1/2 way through 6.2. Saving up items since I used them all ok the webslinger challenge. Btw I tried to go for a legend title and finished close to 2 hours, maybe a shade underneath. Idk, I play this game too damn much. But I play it myself and I'm too damn old and cheap to figure out how to mod or 3rd party it. No one else in my alliance got banned. I never got any notification from kabam. Just logged in after lunch and...poof banned.

So say what you think you need to about believing me. I don't care. I just hope kabam will check in and reach out to me.
    I m not joking. Someone tagged my post as "lol".
    p3c87e32hl42.png
    Tap "secuirity & abuse"
    4373wogulw1o.png
    Tap "my account was banned or suspended"
    gw7jscsevxub.png
    Tap "i need more help"
    jz8ejn5oqz4y.png
    Tap "contact support"
    z6mr2gwp8t4a.png

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    You can't get a refund for breaking the ToS.