**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Symbiote Nerf too Early [Merged Threads]

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    feanorknd wrote: »
    haha, you waited till the last moment to complete a quest that ran for more than 17 days.

Honestly, no sympathy mate, plan better next time.

do you consider 20 minutes to explore 1 last path is the "last moment"? If mission ends at certain time, it ends at certain time. DOT.

Its possibly a bug but then again, who's to say that you or anyone else can actually complete the whole path in under 20 minutes?

They should give everyone the 20 minutes and lets see how many are able to do it, sadly, they'll give some compensation and we'll never know.

Also, you could lose your internet connection, kabam servers could go down, your phone could fall and break and many other things could've happened. Leaving something till last moment still sounds like a bad idea.

If you get to the airport about 30 minutes before departure, do you expect to catch the flight?
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Shouldn't have waited till last minute, imo lol
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I just have one question: Why do people leave the completion of the event until very last minute?
  • feanorkndfeanorknd Posts: 37
    edited November 2018
    To all people here saying we had 2 entire weeks:

• if you have time, you have time and it is yours.
    • if train leaves at 10am PEST, nobody should tell you may have taken 1 week before. It leaves at 10am PEST. Dot.
    • if you have 20 minutes to explore final path, those 20 minutes are yours... you can manage your time like you wish, don't you?
    • But if symbionte is supposed to be downgraded at 10am PEST, it SHOULD NOT be downgraded at 09:40am PEST, I guess... do you?

RockyKoston, explored 75% of supermission in just 50 minutes.

Regards.
    • if train leaves at 10am PEST, nobody should tell you may have taken 1 week before. It leaves at 10am PEST. Dot.
    • if you have 20 minutes to explore final path, those 20 minutes are yours... you can manage your time like you wish, don't you?
    • But if symbionte is supposed to be downgraded at 10am PEST, it SHOULD not be downgraded at 09:40am PEST, I guess... do you?

Regards.

The time is yours, but the game is not.
    The train has a date and a time and yes you can take it one week before if you have the ticket.
    I agree, they should give you 20 minutes, but not compensation, then again you'll ask a specific time that they give you 20 minutes, RIGHT?
    Things happen, I get it you're upset, but do you really think that you've no fault here?
    • But if symbionte is supposed to be downgraded at 10am PEST, it SHOULD not be downgraded at 09:40am PEST, I guess... do you?

Regards.

The train has a date and a time and yes you can take it one week before if you have the ticket.
    I agree, they should give you 20 minutes, but not compensation, then again you'll ask a specific time that they give you 20 minutes, RIGHT?
    Things happen, I get it you're upset, but do you really think that you've no fault here?

how old are you boy?

I HAD NO FAULT. I had 20 minutes stolen. Well.... I should be pleased if they just give me those 20 minutes to explore last path and just get my featured 5 stars I have paid units for. Happy? Stop there, please.

Regards.

how old are you boy?

I HAD NO FAULT. I had 20 minutes stolen. Well.... I should be pleased if they just give me those 20 minutes to explore last path and just get my featured 5 stars I have paid units for. Happy? Stop there, please.

Hey there little man. I found out someone who can cry together with you, your little symbiote.
  • SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Posts: 49
    The in-game announcement said the symbioid would be ranked down AFTER the event, which ended at 10am PST. Doesn't matter if you finished the quest the first day it came out or if you waited until the last hour on the last day it was available.

If you're of the opinion that people waited too long to complete, that's fine, your are entitled to your opinion. However, your opinion does not change the information announced via the in-game message. Your arguments are null.

-This change had no effect on me personally but as someone who doesn't have all the time in the world to play the game, I too in the past have finished events shortly before they expired.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    he only gets nerfed once you update the app so probably should have waited until after the quest ended and/or you alliance cleared AQ bg before updating
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    I attacked the boss in Alliance Quest at around five to, and was needed to hell!
    SCHNOOT wrote: »
    The in-game announcement said the symbioid would be ranked down AFTER the event, which ended at 10am PST. Doesn't matter if you finished the quest the first day it came out or if you waited until the last hour on the last day it was available.

If you're of the opinion that people waited too long to complete, that's fine, your are entitled to your opinion. However, your opinion does not change the information announced via the in-game message. Your arguments are null.

-This change had no effect on me personally but as someone who doesn't have all the time in the world to play the game, I too in the past have finished events shortly before they expired.

I agree kabam should give them 20 minutes, at a given point of point. Send an email earlier to give the 20 minutes and then do it.

Well.. If Kabam accept my money to get units, while telling me there are 20 minutes to do something, it is a contract. If Kabam do something wrong and those 20 minutes just get gone, conditions have changed without advise, and my money is gone also. It is so easy to understand, but not for you I guess.

So will cry with my little symbiote if you just stop saying nonsense things, please.
    he only gets nerfed once you update the app so probably should have waited until after the quest ended and/or you alliance cleared AQ bg before updating

Not at all... I did not update game while symbiote got nerfed. Then updated just to have a look: still nerfed.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    This thread explains why King Groot one-shotted my Symbiote despite him having 100% health and Hardened Coating.

Glad I didn't revive him to take that final path.
    This thread explains why King Groot one-shotted my Symbiote despite him having 100% health and Hardened Coating.

Glad I didn't revive him to take that final path.

Just the same happened to me. Spent 3 resurrectors thinking it was something about fps on my mobile... restarted game... finally noticed symbiote was completely nerfed... uff.

Well.. If Kabam accept my money to get units, while telling me there are 20 minutes to do something, it is a contract. If Kabam do something wrong and those 20 minutes just get gone, conditions have changed without advise, and my money is gone also. It is so easy to understand, but not for you I guess.

So will cry with my little symbiote if you just stop saying nonsense things, please.

See, I think we are at a crossroads - You believe I am saying nonsense and I believe that you are.
    There is no contract per se, you got what you paid for - units.

As for 20 minutes, you should get them, I AGREE. (Not compensation)

At least we agree on something... if Kabam give me those 20 minutes and upgraded symbiote, I will be happy to explore last path and that is all.

But dude, do you really think they are programming their servers just to give me those 20 minutes and upgraded symbiote? It is something like sci-fi what you are talking about, seriously.

At least we agree on something... if Kabam give me those 20 minutes and upgraded symbiote, I will be happy to explore last path and that is all.

But dude, do you really think they are programming their servers just to give me those 20 minutes and upgraded symbiote? It is something like sci-fi what you are talking about, seriously.

Exactly, they won't do it and this is all for nothing.
    I hate to break it to you man, but Kabam and responsibility are 2 opposite sides of the same coin. They are there, just not together.

As for your case, I think the legit solution is to give you the 20 minutes, nothing more, nothing less.
    There is no contract per se, you got what you paid for - units.

Consider the case: If buying something at shop have a price of 200 units... ah, ok, I will buy it. Then purchase 275 units at Google Play using your real money (10,99€). Come back to game, go to shop but you find article now have a price of 500 units..... Yes my friend, you have bought your units and there they are, but game cannot modify terms without advise. That's all. If game just tell you have 20 minutes to go, and then that time just get vanished, do you think it is fair?

This is what happened to me.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited November 2018

Not at all... I did not update game while symbiote got nerfed. Then updated just to have a look: still nerfed.

That is not true, all the people in my alliance still have the symbioid at full rank, The only ones that dont are the ones that updated the app.
    100% your sym only got nerfed after you updated the app.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    edited November 2018

Regards.

how old are you boy?

ba9s923aq1n6.png
    edited November 2018
    That is not true, all the people in my alliance still have the symbioid at full rank, The only ones that dont are the ones that updated the app.
    100% your sym only got nerfed after you updated the app.

• Think what you want, but do not tell I am lying. Repeat, I did not updated game at all when suddenly it was nerfed. Can be sure of that.
    • Really does matter?.... symbiote should not have been nerfed until 10am PEST, after supermission ends. But got nerfed 20 minutes before that.
    ba9s923aq1n6.png

For sure.. I apologize.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    We had a month to do it. 2 weeks for Symbiote....

And? How does that fix the issue at hand? I know it goes against everything you believe to admit that maybe Kabam messed up on this one, but they did. Again I finished day 1, but to those who didn't/ couldn't until the last minute and would have had they been given the time they should have this is a big problem.

It's not a big problem. It's a problem to the people who waited until the last half hour to finish. I'm willing to bet that number is small. To them it might be big, but whether by mistake or by design, you have to look at choices as well. Same thing happens with people who push it close to Maintenance and wonder why they got booted.
  • ImAwsum1ImAwsum1 Posts: 179
    For those who keep bringing up a person's timing on when they choose to complete something that doesn't matter. A due date is just that. And until that time is reached you are not late. The issues is not about time. Its is about the fact that they nerfed the symbiote ( the champ you absolutely cant finish without) well before the end of the event without warning or communication. No I didnt update my game before that point. I did however do so after hoping it would revolve it. How would you feel if your alliance war end 20 minutes early and your team didnt get the opportunity to fight their boss? People would be quitting left and right. This thread isnt an opinion on when you should and shouldnt complete content, it is a grievance against them nerfing the symbiote before the announced time. Watch is false advertising. Kabam has always been lenient with allowing you time to finish once an EQ has end, so TIME isnt the factor. It's the situation of the symbiote. And as you can clearly see I'm still in the event at the same spot right now waiting to hear back from Kabam on how they are going to rectify the matter. 50v94jgt8w5g.jpg
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    I could see that its unfair to those that missed out the rewards due to the 20-minute early nerf, and personally i think arguing about "wait till the last minute" has nothing to do with this, jumping at each other saying "you deserve it for not planning..." doesnt solve anything. I dont have that problem, but i blame whoever thought of the idea: "oh 20 minutes left lets nerf the hell out of the Symbiote early so we can have lunch" (if there is one).
    Let's move on with the problem detecting and think of a reasonable solution. What can be done for those who missed out the last path in symbiote EQ/last hours of AQ? This is a constructive comment, not sarcasm.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    this thread is so weird.. just some dudes with unmanageable time in their life. Go and buy some donuts, then cry with your little symbiote haha
This discussion has been closed.