**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iPhone X, update 21, left side is not fully visible

Hi, with new update UI is broken, left side is not fully visible. See attached screenshot.
rk6guy21lyy9.jpeg

Comments

• OconusOconus Posts: 16
    yup same on xs max
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing this image. If anyone else is seeing this issue and can share a picture that would be helpful too! We'll pass this along to the rest of the team.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Looks fine to me, there is a notch in the way.

What if you turn the phone to rotate the screen?
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    If rotate buttons at the right will be not visible and at left become fine. iOS 12.1
  • JiNTarkanJiNTarkan Posts: 22
    there is an option to turn the notch off, you should try that
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Dang look at that beafy team
  • Hello! If you are experiencing this issue, please try restarting your phone to see if that fixes it. Thanks!
  • TunesmithTunesmith Posts: 14
    edited November 2018
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello! If you are experiencing this issue, please try restarting your phone to see if that fixes it. Thanks!

Hi Lyra,

I'd like to report that the UI appears to be squished when in fights on iPhone X and XS compared to v20. Leading to buttons being in different locations.

Restarting does not appear to resolve this.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/PtynaPf.jpg

I'm also experiencing the UI out of bounds issue that Bpn reports. It goes away temporarily with game restarts but returns while navigating though menues afterwards.
  • 45_BWhite45_BWhite Posts: 49
    I'm seeing the special buttons moved up as well. See attached for before and after

vo89zkib9orn.jpg
    9nlp7z06bfrd.jpg
    Hyperion is before update and Moonknight is after
  • BlueVitriolBlueVitriol Posts: 17
    edited November 2018
    Having the same issues. Seems everything got smaller on the xs max too. Pretty sure the power button was larger before. It is now positioned correctly though.
  • jenjen Posts: 2
    i am also facing the same issues with my iphone XS Max IOS 12.
    Left screen being blocked
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    don’t know how, but it is fixed now for me. i did not restarted phone. did not mentioned after which action it was gone
    kzd8nhd1vq15.jpeg
    2fs157je5lja.jpeg
    Here’s more evidence of the special button. Everything is much smaller as well. I posted it as well in the iPhone max xs issues thread. Thanks
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    My special button is also altered (iPhone X). I can barely fire one, because muscle memory tells me it's in a different place. I suppose there were UX fixes, but this isn't really panning out so well.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    this change is making me lose some fight because i fail when try to launch an special attack in my iPhone X
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    For me the game is now unplayable. Im always failing when wnat to launch a special. Buttons has been shrinked in my iPhone X. @Kabam Miike fix it please. Im considering to stop playing until then.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I realise this is a thread about iPhones but I just yesterday got the new pixel 3 XL that also has the notch.
    I was seeing the same thing with a bit of missing screen, I was also only getting 3 champs per line on the edit team screen.
    I went into settings and turned the notch off.
    I now have 6 champs per line and no missing screen.

Might help you if you're able to turn the notch off on the iPhone.
  • TurpissimusTurpissimus Posts: 24
    Am experiencing it too. IPhone X, both iOS and the game up do date. Makes playing very inconvenient!

Pics before and after.

w04j7c0jcmj9.pngmtoz5rzxidhl.png
  • VadersFatherVadersFather Posts: 20
    I was having this problem on my iPhone XS right after the update, but it seemed to correct itself. I didn't restart my phone. I'm not sure how it got fixed.
    Any word if this can fixed next update?
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf
    Any update on this squished controls in Iphone XS. I’ve been throwing specials unintentionally and having to use items unnecessarily due to this problem. Please give an update this.
    Thanks
  • TurtleJamesTurtleJames Posts: 68
    I made a post about this back in September with various device screen shot examples per the mods’ requests. Nothing came from it. With all my experience so far in this game with Kabam support, if there was no response by now, then nothing will be done.

Pretty much get used to the crappy UI placement or kick sand. It’s been 2 months and unfortunately the terrible placement of the special button still makes me miss so many specials. I know they keep denying it, but whatever helps their bottom line will get pushed to the back burner while anything that hurts it will get addressed immediately.

Original posts with UI difference screenshots:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/99104/iphone-xs-max-ui-issues

• DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Im seeing the same issue with the special button being moved up in IphoneX. I’m hitting the specials when trying to dash back. Extremely annoying. Please fic the location and size of the special button ASAP.
    Looks to be fixed with new update