**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Helping out the noobs

Should new player's be given a free bundle of Gold, ISO-8 and Units.

Helping out the noobs 100 votes

No
51%
Jh_DezDrZolaJaffacakedWilljackson16sfu_koraxxNigbuffajrDukeZmanSpeedbumpdoctordoomAlex13369SungjSpiritOfVengeanceDragonFire2NojokejaymHammerbro_64Thecrusher_9756Efflux1990KattohSrockykoston 51 votes
I don't care
17%
nameplasDOKTOROKTOPUSNemesis666SandeepSMelkerlanneroDankestChefDRTOAvengers320JayCeejkcjmijiRockypantherxRunamokUSAFangmanglerChobo9PrasannamrcyrcleTurbonator14 17 votes
Yes
32%
FuzzylumpsMoo9FlareDogephillgreenFoxhero007NEO_mr_AndersonLuckylefty01Iron_SkywalkerNairvehlRasiloverVoltronStrikerrx8Tylz101cookiedealerZombieZeddpeasantAmazing_Demon05tekCom619Fooshblalala_Chaos_ 32 votes

Comments

• Bendude1000Bendude1000 Posts: 18
    Yes
    post you reason
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    No
    When I was new they never gave me a bundle. I doubt the new people don't have any other normal way of getting those resources like everybody else.
  • Tylz101Tylz101 Posts: 44
    Yes
    Yes but only if all the players get it because we didn't get it when we all started so we should be rewarded with something too
  • Bendude1000Bendude1000 Posts: 18
    Yes
    Being a new player myself I fell that I would level up quicker and be able to reach my friend's level (46) quicker. Having only 1 and 2 star heroes do not help and the Symbiote being nerfed has put me at a disadvantage he was most powerful (with Spiderman (classic) coming in close 2nd, now first). The Sym being nerfed by so much is really upsetting, i have no choice but to sell him.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yes
    its better then given the bad advice
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    Getting close to 4 years this game has been around. I wouldn't mind Kabam helping out new players via gifts/special missions.

It wouldn't affect anyone silver and above Alliance War wise, and it'll encourage newer players to play.

Increase playerbase, and not cut into Kabam's profits.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Being a new player myself I fell that I would level up quicker and be able to reach my friend's level (46) quicker. Having only 1 and 2 star heroes do not help and the Symbiote being nerfed has put me at a disadvantage he was most powerful (with Spiderman (classic) coming in close 2nd, now first). The Sym being nerfed by so much is really upsetting, i have no choice but to sell him.

The symbioid was designed to be temporary.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yes
    When I was new they never gave me a bundle. I doubt the new people don't have any other normal way of getting those resources like everybody else.

That's the kind of comments that I hear all the time.
    When I've started playing games, in the 80's, there was no youtube or internet to help players, so, you should not get tips from others to progress in this game.
    What does the fact that the new players get something you didn't have would change YOUR progress in this game?
    Sorry, but, I hate that kind of attitude. It's plain selfish.

I don't mind if the new players get something to help them.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    No
    Calendars. 3* each month

Spend units on refills only, level up, grind arena for shards, spin, do more arena, quest, level up, refills

Don’t touch PHC with units EVER

WAR and AQ with same level guys or find a group willing to carry you until your roster fattens up a bit and you can start to stand with them.

Event quest is always the main priority but only quest at YOUR level for now. Not worth going hard when all you need is junk 3*s to push heroic and that’s when the real goodies come
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    No
    It's already very easy for new players to progress in the game even completely free to play, just go watch some youtube videos you don't need anything else. Seatin's channel has a free to play series where you can see how easy it to go far in this game with a new account
  • Yes
    yes great idea
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    No
    they already do when they start the game lol

• issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    No
    No Work for it
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    No Work for it

I'm surprised to see so many people vote no. Even if you give new players a one month calendar worth of stuff, they will still be far behind people who've been receiving free stuff for a long time (those free revives, t2a, 4* 5* 's?).
    Also, it doesn't affect the veterans in any way.

How much Kabam wants to accelerate newer players is up to them. But with the current system of rewarding players with deep/r5 rosters, I don't see a new player thriving in Gold1 or higher without spending because vets are growing too, so the barrier to gold will only get harder, unless more players keep retiring and this game's playerbase dies.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Yes
    Sure thing. For people to be able to start playing now I don't mind if they can catch up a bit quicker with those who have been playing a long time.
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Yes
    Yes...... maybe
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No
    New players can easily grind for 4*s in the beginners bracket.

Easily get free units by doing act 1-3 with their 4*s.

Easily get T1A by opening the new daily crystals or joining an alliance that does map 2/3 (when I started, t1a was reserved for the top 30 in the t1a arena only).

Easily obtain T4B and t4cc via map 3 crystals through the recently buffed dropped rates from them. Hence reaching 5/50s a lot faster.

Why the need for handouts?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    Yes.

Because some men just want to watch the battlerealm burn.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    No
    It’s not needed when you are low level. Ranking up is cheap at that time. If you manage your gold and units wisely you won’t have a issue. Getnin to arena early and get some solid 4* champs from it.
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 111
    Yes
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    The beginner calendar gives stamina 200 units and gold already
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 111
    Yes
    Ok. I was checking whether I voted yes or no. Now I wish I could go back and vote no. There was plenty of information provided that shows that new players can easily rank up just the way the game currently is. Plus, Kabam updated the crystals to help out new players advance even more quickly. Just create a second account (you don't have to keep it), play it for free, and you can see that if you put in the time that people normally put into their main account, you can advance quickly.
  • chrissbjordannchrissbjordann Posts: 120
    No
    Everybody starts the same. Work for what you get. It’s not that hard but it does take time.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Yes
    I started 2015 (When it came out) And quit like mid 2016 due to terrible rates and champions. I came back late 2017 to discover that the rates had shot up and new champions have came out. I feel like it was unfair that I started off in the dark ages of the game xD, but I know the struggle of being a new player, so yes, I feel like new players should get a better welcome reward then just 1 premium dissapointment crystal