**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Added Difficulty - Discussion Thread

Greetings Summoners!

Our latest Dev Diary post has been added to the MCoC blog! Check out our new plans on how we intend to challenge our most experienced Summoners with the upcoming content! These plans are still in progress, but we wanted to give you an early look at how this is shaping up.

Take a look at our Blog Post here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-added-difficulty/

And join in on the Discussion in this thread!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Can you guys lower the cost of map 6? Or add some rewards to it so it pays for itself or close to it?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Will Map 6 cost less after Map 7 is released?
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Do you have a date for the Back Issues? Looking forward to it this week :-)
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I'm scared to see the cost of map 7... However, seeing as I usually just stick to map 3 for the lesser time commitment, I shouldn't ever have to worry about actually running it. Supper excited to see more challenging content get added to the game over the next month(s)!
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    How much will map 7 cost? Act 6 early 2019 or later?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Nice to se and read.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Megavok wrote: »
    When will u guys announce rewards for back issues ?
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Do you have a date for the Back Issues? Looking forward to it this week :-)

You'll find out later today :wink:

You tease! Can't wait though, I'm super excited to play through this event because I started playing right when the Ultron event came out.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Will Kabam utilize account sharing detection methods for Map 7? Would be a shame for developers’ effort to create more difficult content be wasted because of piloting.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    It would be great to know if Act 6 is first half or second half 2019. Also has there been any plans for a RTL and LOL 2.0?
    Definitely looking forward to seeing the new content coming out, this is very exciting for those of us that have finished Act 5 and LOL.

Speaking of LOL, any thoughts on adding a title for 100%?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    Well it was an interesting post, but I didn't find the most important thing: isbthis variant difficulty beyond uncollected, in between other difficulties, or is a totally new difficulty system?
  • Heya Miike! Was wondering if you could talk to the team about the cost of map 7- I know Map 6 was designed as a passing lane, which is why its extreme cost was added into the game as a way to discourage people from playing 6x5. The phrasing of map 7 as a new passing lane makes me worry that Map 7 will have a higher cost than Map 6.

Also, with the introduction of a new "Passing Lane" being added, will the donation costs for Map 6 be reduced?

-SeeTea
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    When you wish to “shake up our team” then we need the ability to obtain new teams or to awaken and advance new champions to fill this “shaking up of teams”.

How does a 0.81 or 0.91% chance to obtain a new 5* champion from a $10 crystal allow us to do this? Or infrequent opportunities to get a random class awakening gem? Or get a valuable champion out of more than a hundred champions (and ever increasing) in a 5* basic crystal? And how can we “shake up our team” when takes months of careful resource management to rank up and to level just one champion which can easily be made superfluous by the sudden change of desires by the developers?

By the time I collect enough T5B shards to rank up 1 champ, Kabam will have changed their minds 3 times about the new content and their goals for it. There should be more opportunities to get high-end rank up materials and awakening gems, otherwise there's really no points to this variant stuff and champ requirements.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the answer to all this is there will be more "money" offers for rank up items and crystals. Bet there won't be any other increases in rewards or lessening of resources needed to rank up.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Rescourses just for 1 bg of map 6 is ridiculous. Its tiresome and takes the fun out of the game trying to come up with them every single week. Only paying 60k bc and 350k gold right now, i barely have gold to rank my champs. Not only that but it forces us to do arenas when they are so boring that many don't like the grind. So this has to be addressed. And i hope it is. A full map 6 ally is spending over 500k a week on gold. Thats crazy. Its no wonder so many stay on map 5.
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    Jestress wrote: »
    Hard to believe there's a Map 7 when people barely have time to complete Map 6. Unless you drop AQ energy timers to 30 minutes, I don't see why this should even be a thing.

Hey there!

Our goal with Map 7 is not to make it more time consuming, or having individuals commit to logging in more often than Map 6, but the time you do spend on the map is going to be much more intense! There are fewer reserve lanes, which means that everybody is going to have to bring their A-Game if they are aiming to take the Map on!

Not buying this.

Fewer reserve lane basically equals to more time consuming... reserve players energy helps clear stucked paths which resolves a lot of timing and link nodes issues.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Will Map 6 cost less after Map 7 is released?

I honestly don't have any information at the moment on Map costs. Map 7 is at a stage right now where we're not actively looking at the economic balance compared to Map 6 or other maps, and are just focusing on the Map difficulty itself. it's not unreasonable to assume it will cost more than Map 6, though.

It was stated when map 6 was released that the cost of it was meant to be prohibitive (for the time being) and that alliances weren't meant to run it all 5 days. By acknowledging that map 6 is no longer difficult for many the high cost of map 6 would appear to be long outdated.
  • pigupompom wrote: »
    Hard to believe there's a Map 7 when people barely have time to complete Map 6. Unless you drop AQ energy timers to 30 minutes, I don't see why this should even be a thing.

Hey there!

Our goal with Map 7 is not to make it more time consuming, or having individuals commit to logging in more often than Map 6, but the time you do spend on the map is going to be much more intense! There are fewer reserve lanes, which means that everybody is going to have to bring their A-Game if they are aiming to take the Map on!

Not buying this.

Fewer reserve lane basically equals to more time consuming... reserve players energy helps clear stucked paths which resolves a lot of timing and link nodes issues.

By fewer reserve lanes I'm guessing they may be talking about easy/short paths that weaker players can take. Essentially, every path will be a hard path.