**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Multiple Account Wars

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
Without getting into details, we're in a War at the moment. The majority of the Ally is one person. How do I know? Let's just say they're not creative in their IGNs. All derivatives and/or same names. How it's a problem is it's the same person, same skill level, and they're almost halfway done the Map before we've even started taking Nodes down. Now, I don't know for sure, but I suspect they look into cases such as this. It may fall under Piloting. That's not really what I wanted to debate. Should there be preventative measures or regulations to prevent these Wars? It's not at all fair for people to encounter. I'm not even sure what kind of measures you could put into place. Thoughts?

Comments

• KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    They're not the same ilk. There's a theme to the names. I don't want to get into specifics for obvious reasons, but I'm certain it's one person. In any event, there needs to be rules. These game modes are designed to give Rewards for group efforts based on how individuals perform as a collective. It's not fair play to have to deal with one person running entire BGs. Call it Piloting or not, that's not what Alliance Wars are about.

You ever think they all changed their name to match each other
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Kirklin wrote: »
    They're not the same ilk. There's a theme to the names. I don't want to get into specifics for obvious reasons, but I'm certain it's one person. In any event, there needs to be rules. These game modes are designed to give Rewards for group efforts based on how individuals perform as a collective. It's not fair play to have to deal with one person running entire BGs. Call it Piloting or not, that's not what Alliance Wars are about.

You ever think they all changed their name to match each other

All changed their name to match each other, all on at the same time, all moving in tandem, all seemingly getting through with the same ease.....right.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom I do see your point as to a one person battle group being against the spirit of War and being a kind of legal piloting. The problem with stopping it as I see it is two-fold however. Two legitimately owned accounts in the same alliance are absolutely allowed as has been confirmed many times. Three are also allowed. At what point does it cross the line? If you limit it to one per alliance it hurts people who have worked hard on two accounts and want to build both. Additionally, you legislate for big problems like actual piloting, modding, etc. I would guess that the number of one man alliances out there are very small. I don't know that it's a big enough problem to regulate.
    For the record, they've said multiple Accounts are allowed. They have yet to comment on using multiple Accounts to run BGs. There have been many, many reports of actions taken with the common theme being Alts, but I don't want to get into talking about actions taken or speculation. That's not really what this Thread is about. Fact is, it's not fair for people to monopolize spots and Rewards like that.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    well if thats not allowed since theres been action taken against them shouldnt you message kabam about this?
    That's why I didn't want to get into it. First off, they don't talk about actions taken. Secondly, it's really none of my business. Lol. Not when it comes to other Allies. All I have to go off of is what other people have posted. Although, it would help if there was some form of official statement about it.
    If it was just Wars and not Seasons, I wouldn't agree with it, but it would affect me less. When it's a Ranked system, that adds another layer. As a Leader, it's my job to organize and encourage my guys to push forward so we can try to make progress every Season. It's a slow process, as most people know. We're not hardcore, but we earn the best we can with what we have going. It's just a burn to try and get ahead when there are people running entire Allies we have to compete with. It's not even about the Win or Loss. It's about the fair play aspect. We're working our tails off individually and others are running amok. That could be the one spot that finishes us in the next Bracket. It was designed for Allies, not individuals.
    personally i say just tell your alliance mates to get better and dont die and they'll beat that one man army
    No, it's not because we're dying that I posted. Lol. It's just the fairness of it.
    okay well maybe he just trust himself more than anyone, but i get it u find it unfair that someone is hogging the rewards lol. he's larfleeze the orange lantern
  • 30 accounts owned by 1 person or 30 accounts to 30 different people is still just 30 accounts.
  • GsabaGsaba Posts: 62
    I was in a 3 member one BG war alliance where 1 member has 6 and other 2 accounts and last season we kept getting penalised as piloting cuz leader used all his accounts to move in harmony and dropping to tier 22. May b ur opponent ll get the same unless different for this war season
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Be real, nobody is going to be able to maintain 30 accounts at even a gold one level and stay competitive. To keep up with the meta, you need to run event quests, arena, story, and aq. With 30 accounts you would have to squeeze in the equivalent of a months worth of grinding per account per day. Platinum and up require r4+ heavy defenses, those resources require effort to obtain. Even if the player makes it to gold one, that's just 30 out of 36,000 spots taken and deservingly so, that's a hell of an effort.

I don't see any issue if someone wants to do it. Some people are control freaks like that. As far as being fair, there are lots of things that aren't fair, and this is a game. Get over it.
  • I dont see an issue with it. In the spirit if the game rules are rules. If he's allowed to have multiple accounts than its fair game.

You may not agree with it but the rules say it's ok. Cant penalize a guy for having multiple accounts and free time.

I know plenty of people who own 3 and 4 accounts. And are very skilled. They have the time power to them.
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Be real, nobody is going to be able to maintain 30 accounts at even a gold one level and stay competitive. To keep up with the meta, you need to run event quests, arena, story, and aq. With 30 accounts you would have to squeeze in the equivalent of a months worth of grinding per account per day. Platinum and up require r4+ heavy defenses, those resources require effort to obtain. Even if the player makes it to gold one, that's just 30 out of 36,000 spots taken and deservingly so, that's a hell of an effort.

I don't see any issue if someone wants to do it. Some people are control freaks like that. As far as being fair, there are lots of things that aren't fair, and this is a game. Get over it.

I would like to see what kind of state the game would be in if every problem that came up, we just said, "Things aren't fair. Get over it.".
    boss0600 wrote: »
    I dont see an issue with it. In the spirit if the game rules are rules. If he's allowed to have multiple accounts than its fair game.

You may not agree with it but the rules say it's ok. Cant penalize a guy for having multiple accounts and free time.

I know plenty of people who own 3 and 4 accounts. And are very skilled. They have the time power to them.

Multiple Accounts isn't the issue. It's running entire BGs and Allies in War.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    boss0600 wrote: »
    I dont see an issue with it. In the spirit if the game rules are rules. If he's allowed to have multiple accounts than its fair game.

Multiple Accounts isn't the issue. It's running entire BGs and Allies in War.

How is this not fair. That person took kabams word they could have multiple accounts, put in the work and/or money to enjoy the game and not have to rely on alliance mates. This is the epitome of fair.

Honestly its like saying someone having more time to grind arena than you is unfair.

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I personally don't see the issue, and don't think its unfair. IF those are all his accounts.

To the point about 30 people/30 rewards, that's never explicitly stated and more an assumption by users. Its 30 accounts/30 rewards.

At this point, there is no rule against this, but they also havent said its allowed.

As someone else pointed out, two accounts is fine, three accounts is fine, where is the line? the only thing I can think of is finally accepting one account per person per alliance. You can have multiple accounts, but in different alliances. and I know this would upset a few people.
    You would have to draw a line somewhere. Whether it upsets people or not. 30 Accounts, 30 Rewards, in a game mode that rewards 30 efforts. Not one. I see that as a large problem.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You would have to draw a line somewhere. Whether it upsets people or not. 30 Accounts, 30 Rewards, in a game mode that rewards 30 efforts. Not one. I see that as a large problem.

You see it as a large problem, but there would have to be a large number of one man alliances for it to be a large problem. Even if we grant that it is a problem it's actually a very small problem and not one worth doing anything about imo as it doesn't violate the TOS.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

But he is playing as 30 people simultaneously. Same amount of effort put forward. We disagree on the large problem and unfortunately we don't have a say in this. Kabam does. and they're letting it happen.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It's 30x the effort though. No line "has" to be drawn, that's just one person's opinion. The effort required to accomplish something like this would be enourmous, and it would be as equally "unfair" for kabam to go back on their stated policy of allowing people to have multiple accounts.

The bigger line being crossed here is one person imposing his wishes upon everyone else in the name of "fairness". That's complete hypocrisy to try to take away from the effort players have made creating accounts.
    The mode is designed to reward people for a group effort. That's why it's called Alliance Wars. Not Me Wars. A line absolutely has to be drawn because what you have is individuals boosting Accounts through a system that's meant for teams. The fact that you're arguing someone's right to play the system greedily and take up spots that others are playing fairly for, is just ludicrous.
  • I don't think it is unfair either. If someone wants to put in the effort to have that many accounts they are working a lot harder than someone with only 1 account. The only thing is they don't have to rely on others to pull their weight to finish wars/aq. If you have an alliance with 30 separate players that all pull their own weight then you should advance a lot faster than someone trying to complete war, aq, eq, storymode, and whatever other quest available at the time on multiple accounts.