2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

1679111217

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    GroundedWisdom it’s not that you don’t have an argument (well it’s mostly that) but you’re Kabam’s lapdog. Until the MD nerf you were always the 1st person to say “get good” whenever anyone complained it was broken, you defended the changes to interacting with Mordo with BOTH Drax and Blade, defended the Spark-Danger Sense tweak

    AND! I am above going back to the instance I’ve already cited were using ilgottenrewards was grounds for the reversal of said rewards

    I am no one's lap dog. I'm trying to offer other perspectives.
    That's just not true at all. I've never said the words "Git gud.". Nor have I taken a stance either way with MD. I said it was working as it was intended, but I never got that involved with it. I took part in the Beta and gave feedback impartially, and never commented on it until after the change was confirmed.
    Drax was a frame rate issue. I've reiterated that all along, and so have they. They've said it for months now. It wasn't intended design, it was a framerate side-effect that didnt occur on all devices. That has been upfront long before they fixed it.
    I don't know what you're talking about with Blade and Sparky.

    I'm not for or against reversal. They chose to let people keep them as-is. Their reasons I don't know. What I'm talking about is the dramatics about the overall effect of letting them keep it, and the fact that they can't determine who just did the Quest honestly and who knew it was bugged. You can't assume everyone knew and therefore exploited it. It was fixed quickly enough. Could they Derank everyone? I'm sure it's possible. Time-consuming maybe. There was a glitch and they opted to let people keep them as they used them. At least thus far. It was a glitch. Not a platform for Social Injustice.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 674 ★★★
    allinashes wrote: »
    This is simple in my honest opinion. There was a bug that benefited some. What should have happened:

    1. Kabam acknowledges the bug and fixes it.
    2. Kabam reverses champs ranked due to the bug and returns resources or not. Really their call and I don't care either way.
    3. Call it a day and we all move on.

    That’s the precedent they set. It’s strange that they did the complete opposite this time.

    Assuming they just didn’t want to work the weekend and figured this would be easier.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Honestly if those people were foolish enough to run through it all just for this minor advantage then they deserve it. They're the ones without any new content yet again.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom if you don’t care then why are you here fanning flames? You’re spamming at this point and generally harassing others who have a legitimate complaint. @Kabam Miike wouldn’t you say that violates the forum TOS?

    Having a different view is not spamming. People don't always have to agree. I can register a view just like anyone else. Just because I'm not as bothered by it doesn't mean I shouldn't comment.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom if you don’t care then why are you here fanning flames? You’re spamming at this point and generally harassing others who have a legitimate complaint. @Kabam Miike wouldn’t you say that violates the forum TOS?

    Having a different view is not spamming. People don't always have to agree. I can register a view just like anyone else. Just because I'm not as bothered by it doesn't mean I shouldn't comment.

    So then new quastion this has happened in the past plenty of times and kabam has banned people for this exact reason type of thing why is it fair that they got banned for doing this exact type of behavior and these guys dont

    This is screaming favoritism
  • RektorRektor Posts: 674 ★★★
    Kabam announcement: get a r4 gem for 2015 champ.

    Explore chapter, get r4 gem for 2015 champ, rank up CapIW.

    “I had no idea the gem was supposed to only rank up a 2015 champ! I can’t read announcements or minds.”
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    lets just stop for a second.
    even if... and its a big even if these players didnt know it was an exploit, even if they mistakenly used it, it was a bug, things were used different to how kabam intended. for game balance and for player fairness all rewards for all players need to be the same for everything at all times. therefore rankups need to be reversed.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 674 ★★★
    afyffe96 wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    *Thought about not posting this due to the emotions and unreasonable responses I’ll recieve from it. But then decided i’ll go ahead and just ignore the typical fallacies employed by people it contradicts as i don’t really want to waste time with unreasonable people posting from an emotional or self serving position.

    There are a lot of assumptions, hyperbole, missrepresentation and bad analogies in this thread, which I’m guessing is coming from emotions due to t2a being a coveted resource; although this could also be driven by certain players trying to engineer war seasons by disadvantaging others; something we’ve seen done in the past with falsified line conversations and the posts surronding them. This doesn’t strengthen arguements or lend credence to points made, it weakens them and in some cases completely negates them.

    1) “They knew they were exploiting.” Sans being a mind reader that’s an unfounded assertion. While some knew it is unreasonable to assume all knew. It is not unreasonable for people to be ignorant of who the gem was intended for. Knowing what a 2015 champion is not something most people are familiar with nor is it a requirement for using an item. People could pop the crystal and then look for the blue arrow on who thier rank up options were wittout reading a single word.

    You do not need to even be able to read to see this; hey I got a gem for completion of this chapter, lets see who has a blue arrow allowing a rank up from this; awesome i can now rank up these champions, don’t mind if i do. They did not question if it was meant to be and decided it was worth the resources to blast through the event spending resources/cash to get an edge in the war season and next AQ cycle.

    People could’ve also only had the 4-5 gem in mind, didn’t pay any mind to the other gems and then used the gems as they were being allowed to use them when looking at thier rank up options.

    Using an item in game obtained from playing is not an offense.

    These scenarios possibly leave people who played the game these ways at a loss because they might not have expended the time nor resources under these conditions.

    2). “It’s unfair.” Everyone had the oppritunity to blast through the event in 24 hours. If you didn’t that sucks but on the other side those who blasted through the event to obtain these rewards put in time and resources to do it for the rewards they were given. If people ran the event to obtain them as quick as possible they are now out time and effort if those rank ups are reversed; this would be taking action against someone that will actually be negative rather than give the illusion of being negative to people who didn’t experience this bug.

    3) “This is analgous to past events.” Nope this is a separate event, people are not able to rerun this event for as many resources as they have the time to obtain; they are one time rewards.

    This thread is like a salt and jelly sandwich which people are eating it up, ranting and raving about then coming back for more.

    I’m not opposed to ranking down champions that were ranked up due to a bug, if they can even do that; the gem could’ve had a separate description but been classified as a standard gem one would obtain from act 5 or even the 3-4 gem obtained from the event itself, this leaves Kabam without a reasonable ability to determine which gems were used from act 5 or the Ultron event. But some people are making way to much out of it and abandoning reason to do so, leave the emotions out of it, this will only taint the enjoyment you derive from this game; but again for some that is what they get out of the game, an excuse to fly off the handle over spilled milk, inviting company over to share their misery and fanning the flames of mob mentality; these are often the people who ignore others (and suggest others do so as well) and by matter of course simply dismiss someone’s opinion that is contradictory to their own.

    This is nonsense. Wish I could have my 2 minutes back.
    afyffe96 wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    *Thought about not posting this due to the emotions and unreasonable responses I’ll recieve from it. But then decided i’ll go ahead and just ignore the typical fallacies employed by people it contradicts as i don’t really want to waste time with unreasonable people posting from an emotional or self serving position.

    There are a lot of assumptions, hyperbole, missrepresentation and bad analogies in this thread, which I’m guessing is coming from emotions due to t2a being a coveted resource; although this could also be driven by certain players trying to engineer war seasons by disadvantaging others; something we’ve seen done in the past with falsified line conversations and the posts surronding them. This doesn’t strengthen arguements or lend credence to points made, it weakens them and in some cases completely negates them.

    1) “They knew they were exploiting.” Sans being a mind reader that’s an unfounded assertion. While some knew it is unreasonable to assume all knew. It is not unreasonable for people to be ignorant of who the gem was intended for. Knowing what a 2015 champion is not something most people are familiar with nor is it a requirement for using an item. People could pop the crystal and then look for the blue arrow on who thier rank up options were wittout reading a single word.

    You do not need to even be able to read to see this; hey I got a gem for completion of this chapter, lets see who has a blue arrow allowing a rank up from this; awesome i can now rank up these champions, don’t mind if i do. They did not question if it was meant to be and decided it was worth the resources to blast through the event spending resources/cash to get an edge in the war season and next AQ cycle.

    People could’ve also only had the 4-5 gem in mind, didn’t pay any mind to the other gems and then used the gems as they were being allowed to use them when looking at thier rank up options.

    Using an item in game obtained from playing is not an offense.

    These scenarios possibly leave people who played the game these ways at a loss because they might not have expended the time nor resources under these conditions.

    2). “It’s unfair.” Everyone had the oppritunity to blast through the event in 24 hours. If you didn’t that sucks but on the other side those who blasted through the event to obtain these rewards put in time and resources to do it for the rewards they were given. If people ran the event to obtain them as quick as possible they are now out time and effort if those rank ups are reversed; this would be taking action against someone that will actually be negative rather than give the illusion of being negative to people who didn’t experience this bug.

    3) “This is analgous to past events.” Nope this is a separate event, people are not able to rerun this event for as many resources as they have the time to obtain; they are one time rewards.

    This thread is like a salt and jelly sandwich which people are eating it up, ranting and raving about then coming back for more.

    I’m not opposed to ranking down champions that were ranked up due to a bug, if they can even do that; the gem could’ve had a separate description but been classified as a standard gem one would obtain from act 5 or even the 3-4 gem obtained from the event itself, this leaves Kabam without a reasonable ability to determine which gems were used from act 5 or the Ultron event. But some people are making way to much out of it and abandoning reason to do so, leave the emotions out of it, this will only taint the enjoyment you derive from this game; but again for some that is what they get out of the game, an excuse to fly off the handle over spilled milk, inviting company over to share their misery and fanning the flames of mob mentality; these are often the people who ignore others (and suggest others do so as well) and by matter of course simply dismiss someone’s opinion that is contradictory to their own.

    This is nonsense. Wish I could have my 2 minutes back.

    Lol @ spending more than 4 seconds skimming that
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    MrMaat wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    lets just stop for a second.
    even if... and its a big even if these players didnt know it was an exploit, even if they mistakenly used it, it was a bug, things were used different to how kabam intended. for game balance and for player fairness all rewards for all players need to be the same for everything at all times. therefore rankups need to be reversed.

    It's not the first time an issue that was the fault of the game was resolved and people were allowed to keep the mistaken results. I'm not aware of why it was so, but I can guess it might have something to do with accepting responsibility on their part. It might have to do with the effort it would take to reverse them as well. Not sure. It's not unheard of, though.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

    I literally just showed you they’ve done exactly that before

    The restrictions were in the item description and on the forums

    Go troll somewhere else please

    Does everyone come to the Forum? I wasn't trolling at all. I was showing a different perspective. God forbid someone doesn't grab a pitchfork. Bottom line is it was a bug. It's fixed. I don't care if a few people got to use it on newer Champs. Doesn't affect me at all. It's not going to make a difference to the people who used them, or the ones that didn't. It was a glitch. Now people want a glitch.

    You don't care cos it doesn't impact you although it's about an exploit. Yet you create s thread crying about someone using multiple accounts in your 1 BG silver 3 ally which is totally legit an well within the TOS.

    Says it all really doesn't it, no wonder everyone thinks what you say is laughable
  • MFreiheitMFreiheit Posts: 15
    One simple question. What is Kabam doing in the future, if anyone takes advantage of an obvious bug?
    By the terms of condition this is a reason to get banned.
    But in this 2015 gem case, you (Kabam)
    - Confirmed it was a bug.
    - Some used this bug to rank up champs that weren‘t meant to use the gem on. And they knew they aren‘t allowed to use the gem on the new Champs
    - So Kabam should rank these Champs down again and give the players the right gem (only to use on 2015 champs)
    - These players should get banned, because they used a bug for their own benefit

    But Kabam does nothing.

    So, what are you (Kabam) doing in the future, if I would use a bug for my own benefit
    —> You wouldn‘t be able to bann me, and you can’t take back the gifts because you didn‘t in this 2015 gem case
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    So you're suggesting they ban anyone who used the Gems? How is that fair to the people who just did the Quest and used what they got? That's the point that I was making, and I believe Coat was as well. People don't want to hear that. You can't call it an exploit and ban everyone that used it because it was within parameters of normal gameplay. You can't assume everyone was aware it wasn't supposed to be that, and you can't account for people who didn't realize. I have no issues with people requesting they Derank the Champs. Whether or not they do, that's up to them. I can see reasons why they wouldn't take that route, but ultimately they make their own decisions. However, this business about talking about exploits and bans is not proportionate. It's not something that could be farmed or respawned. Everyone got a limited amount of Gems and the same opportunity to earn and use them. Does everyone come to the Forum to ask an in-depth description before they use something they earn, or do some people just jump to their Inventory and use what's available? There's a whole lot of extremist views here.
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    So going forward players can act ignorant about bugs and exploits and not worry about consequences? Just trying to make sure. Too many inconsistencies to you know, take a chance with the bugs
This discussion has been closed.