**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    glad I have shiny new r4 guilly when I have a 6* guilly, r4 SL who I ranked down last year because of r5 Sparky and the mutant queen herself Storm.

Totally don't wish I could have used those gems on Sym Supreme, Omega and IMIW.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Amonthir wrote: »
    I know you posted that bug, but can you explain it again? Too many dang pages to scroll back through them all atm, since I'm at work.
    EDIT: Found it, lol. But not a bug for the Drone he's facing (2.3 Science Drone), but a natural ability of that class of Drones. 2.2 still bugged as heck though, and it annoys me to no end.

@Amonthir 2.3 is bugged, unavoidable damage should not occur the same hit that inflicts fatigue

Ah, okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding, have seen much complaining about the Fatigue on hit part, I didn’t recall it being able to also damage at the same time. Don’t think I ever had it happen on a heavy.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Leave it as it is. It's supposed to be hard and challenging, and to make you fight in different ways. Max Pacify, Parry+ Heavy with a one-hit heavy champ. Wait out fatigues if you get any.

Or wait for the bug to be fixed

Managed to one shot him on my last 2-3 runs. It's about having the correct strategy bro.

I don't deny that it's a bug that damage is taken on the hit that fatigue procs though. :D

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »

Managed to one shot him on my last 2-3 runs. It's about having the correct strategy bro.

I don't deny that it's a bug that damage is taken on the hit that fatigue procs though. :D

When you say right strategy I'm hoping you don't mean a 4/55+ duped Spider-Man Stark Enhanced lol. I also found a strategy that showed promise with getting the solo, which was build Sentinel's charges to max and then use heavy attacks after parrying. I need to put max points in pacify again to for that strategy to be have the best chance of working, I'll be able to try that after our current AW finishes.
    Please keep in mind that this company just said .008% is more important that the rest. That doing the right things doesn’t matter on its own basis. Remember this on a Friday and Monday. Do not give them your money. Go spend your money on a different game or do something with friends.

.008% can be misleading. If MCOC has 100,000+ created accounts, .008% is 800+ players.

When you say right strategy I'm hoping you don't mean a 4/55+ duped Spider-Man Stark Enhanced lol. I also found a strategy that showed promise with getting the solo, which was build Sentinel's charges to max and then use heavy attacks after parrying. I need to put max points in pacify again to for that strategy to be have the best chance of working, I'll be able to try that after our current AW finishes.

No bro. I used Nebula. Specially ranked her up to 4* 5/50 just to take the boss.
    Please keep in mind that this company just said .008% is more important that the rest. That doing the right things doesn’t matter on its own basis. Remember this on a Friday and Monday. Do not give them your money. Go spend your money on a different game or do something with friends.

.008% can be misleading. If MCOC has 100,000+ created accounts, .008% is 800+ players.

.008% is .00008, which multiplied by 100,000 is 8.

You’re right, I’m glad my math was off. Thanks for the Nebula advice, I might r5 my 4* for that fight alone.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    What a BS response to the rank up gem issue. "It's hard, so we don't want to do it." Sure, only 0.008% of players benefited - but those happen to be the players that top level alliance are competing directly again, so skewing the numbers in your favor is just lazy.

A few years ago there was a bug in the monthly event quest which allowed players to receive exploration rewards every time when they completed a path in a chapter, this basically gave them so many 5* shards that they could open up several 5* crystals and dupe those champs. Keep in mind this was in a time when 5*’s were just introduced and maybe the top 1% had only one 5* champ. It was clearly an exploit, Kabam’s response: take down the event for a short while, fix the bug and also: roll back all those 5* champs and crystals and level- & rank-ups that people had done.......you know, the thing they now claim is to difficult to do.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    What a BS response to the rank up gem issue. "It's hard, so we don't want to do it." Sure, only 0.008% of players benefited - but those happen to be the players that top level alliance are competing directly again, so skewing the numbers in your favor is just lazy.

A few years ago there was a bug in the monthly event quest which allowed players to receive exploration rewards every time when they completed a path in a chapter, this basically gave them so many 5* shards that they could open up several 5* crystals and dupe those champs. Keep in mind this was in a time when 5*’s were just introduced and maybe the top 1% had only one 5* champ. It was clearly an exploit, Kabam’s response: take down the event for a short while, fix the bug and also: roll back all those 5* champs and crystals and level- & rank-ups that people had done.......you know, the thing they now claim is to difficult to do.

They didn't say it was too difficult. They said it's not as easy as you would think.
    That instance led to astronomical amounts of Rewards that threw the entire balance off. You have to look at the effect of what happened. Regardless of how unfair people think it is, the overall effect is small. Not the same thing. Not at all. People didn't keep running Variant to farm Gems. They just used them as provided by the Quest.

You’re right, I’m glad my math was off. Thanks for the Nebula advice, I might r5 my 4* for that fight alone.

Np bro. You got me on Line. Could just chat there. =)
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    0.008% of those with access to the content used the gems in a way that was not intended.

Access to the content is a laughable statistic given the content is not exactly exclusive and there is no limit to entry for anyone silly enough to try, the roster and resources required to complete it is another matter.

What I would like to know is the percentage of those who completed and explored Variant AND took advantage of the glitch up to the point it was "fixed"

That would be a number worth seeing.

• When does this event end?
    Beav1001 wrote: »
    When does this event end?

Permanent content bud. No end.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

No bro. I used Nebula. Specially ranked her up to 4* 5/50 just to take the boss.

I have a 4* r3 Nebula at the moment ... but before I rank her up, do you think 5/65 sparky can just heavy his way out of that boss?

Yes he can... I actually did like 50% damage to that boss only using Iron Fist heavy attacks... It sucked because IF is very mediocre and doesn't hit that hard when you are only using heavy attacks, but it does work. I can only imagine sparky with 5 or more poise would be able to finish him off easily unless you get extremely unlucky with fatigue procs.
    Has anyone been able to solo the Ultron 3.1 boss yet? I've been trying to but haven't managed it yet.
    afyffe96 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to solo the Ultron 3.1 boss yet? I've been trying to but haven't managed it yet.

I think Brian Grant got him with Void

I got him to 17% with Hype but had a big mess up towards the beginning... I feel I could probably solo him in the future. Note the title says "How to" not claiming that I actually solo'd him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7nRtxBhFqA
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

I have a 4* r3 Nebula at the moment ... but before I rank her up, do you think 5/65 sparky can just heavy his way out of that boss?

Yes. A few of my members did so.

Soloed with Corvus. Void was a little trickier but can be done.

5* r5? My options are only Hype and Angela both r4... I'll get it done one of these days.

5* r5? My options are only Hype and Angela both r4... I'll get it done one of these days.

Hype and Angela are both possible. Just fight him as unstun and watch out for his evades.

Hype and Angela are both possible. Just fight him as unstun and watch out for his evades.

Yep, I've beaten him on two different paths so far, just haven't managed to solo him yet. Got very close with Hype though.

Yep, I've beaten him on two different paths so far, just haven't managed to solo him yet. Got very close with Hype though.

Good job bro! All the best.
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39

They didn't say it was too difficult. They said it's not as easy as you would think.
    That instance led to astronomical amounts of Rewards that threw the entire balance off. You have to look at the effect of what happened. Regardless of how unfair people think it is, the overall effect is small. Not the same thing. Not at all. People didn't keep running Variant to farm Gems. They just used them as provided by the Quest.
    I’m gonna be honest and say that you really have no grounds talking about issues in a mode that you will most likely not even go through completion on. It’s game changing for the hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who got to use them. It potentially destabilizes the top of the most competitive mode. Opening hundreds of champs is NOT the same as ranking the best ones for free essentially, see COWhale as an example.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »

I’m gonna be honest and say that you really have no grounds talking about issues in a mode that you will most likely not even go through completion on. It’s game changing for the hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who got to use them. It potentially destabilizes the top of the most competitive mode. Opening hundreds of champs is NOT the same as ranking the best ones for free essentially, see COWhale as an example.

You can't speak for what I will and will not do. I can discuss any issue up for discussion, and quite frankly, I'm over the same rebuttal. I will talk about whatever subject I want. According to the argument, it affects those that haven't used them yet, and that includes me. Even though it doesn't affect much of anything, really. Other than, "They got to use it and we didn't.".
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

Hoping to use my Starkey, is there something wrong with using him?