**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ægon block proficiency bug. How did that even happen?

Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
I don't understand how this bug slipped through. It wasn't even just a case of an ability not working the way it was described. The ability description itself changed pretty significantly. After 75 hits in his combo meter, he was supposed to reduce block proficiency by 85% right? But not only was the number wrong previously, it wasn't even a percentage. It was a flat rate of 12466.67 block proficiency reduction. 1. How was it even a flat rate if it was supposed to be a percentage? 2. That flat rate is an absurd number that's wayyy more than 100% of any champ's block proficiency, let alone 85%. Took a screenshot before I fought him for the first time and then went back in just now to confirm what it says now after the bug fix.

z5bjogn9bcd4.png
09z19btgnfo9.png

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    They're pushing a fix for it.
    Edit: I see you realized that. My bad.
    As for the flat rate, those can be converted.
    edited November 2018
    They're sending Compensation based on the highest Difficulty you've fought. (Not completed). How is that laughable?
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    It's not the first time a new champion is released with a "bug" that over powers him.
    Kabam has done that a lot..
    After making a lot of money and creating a great hype, they "fix" it.
    If they left it, people would call it Bait and Switch. They're fixing it. Is that not enough?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    They're sending Compensation based on the highest Difficulty you've fought. (Not completed). How is that laughable?

is that true? I don't see any
    also may I have rdt please?) ranked 4* AA for him. oh f...
    Not sure when they're sending it out, but it's coming.
    As for AA, he's still the best option. The bug had nothing to do with how he works. Not that it would really warrant Tickets.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited November 2018

I understand it can be converted, but I'm more concerned with how it didn't get caught prior to the release of the EQ. The -12466.67 is even highlighted in green, but nobody caught that, knowing that it was supposed to be 85%? If it said 85%, but was actually reducing more than it said, I get that bugs happen as far as things not working the way descriptions say they're supposed to, but the bug was even displayed in the description and looks pretty obvious if you knew what it was supposed to be.
    Kenny292 wrote: »

I understand it can be converted, but I'm more concerned with how it didn't get caught prior to the release of the EQ. The -12466.67 is even highlighted in green, but nobody caught that, knowing that it was supposed to be 85%? If it said 85%, but was actually reducing more than it said, I get that bugs happen as far as things not working the way descriptions say they're supposed to, but the bug was even displayed in the description and looks pretty obvious if you knew what it was supposed to be.

It is unfortunate, but things can go unnoticed. One of the benefits of being able to communicate with them is we can point things out. It wasn't caught, I guess.
    I find it ironic that it was found halfway through the monthly event after people spent countless items fighting this champ in uncollected. Then to top it off we get the item bundle deal offered the other day. I’m really not surprised by this and the compensation is laughable but then I look in the mirror and say look who’s laughing 😳 they got me

I do think the compensation is fair. I didn't think it was fair at first when I read it because I know there are people that spent significantly more items to get through him. Went I went back into Uncollected to take the screenshot of how his abilities read now, I decided to test out how much of a difference the bug fix made for those in my alliance that still haven't been able to get past him. I danced around while I let his combo meter build up over time, let him kill my first couple champs, then played with parries over intercepts to check out the block damage. There is a difference, but he still does a LOT of block damage when he crits if his combo meter has built up over several fights, so the strategy against him hasn't changed. What I'm getting at with this in terms of the compensation is that those who had to use a lot of items still would have to use a lot of items to get through him now, just maybe a little less. I think that difference is probably covered in the compensation.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    They need it fix since his coming out n will destroy the game
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Wait what where does it say this
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    He was still easy in Uncollected with AA or a handful of other champs.
  • I assume they waited until thousands of feature crystals were sold before announcing the bug/fix
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    edited November 2018
    it would have been a very simple data entry error.
    the person inputting the data for Aegon would have simply put the wrong number and no percentage.
    the number in green is like that because it reads the data and shows watever the data reads.

this is just a case of someone entering the wrong number and noone checking/realising.
    easiest and most common way that bugs happen. this kind of bug is acceptable as it happens all the time in alot of games very easily.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    That fight cost me 4 team revives in master mode,one hit and you are dead.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    So, I see everything I typed earlier has been deleted. Thanks, Kabam. Glad my voice matters.
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    So, I see everything I typed earlier has been deleted. Thanks, Kabam. Glad my voice matters.

retype what you said.
    make sure it is not rude.
    and it will stay up.
    edited November 2018
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Kabam truly are a disgusting company when it comes to morales and the treatment of their
    Customers. The worst i have ever encoutered by a million miles. All we will ever get its some bs half hearted sorry.and then every legitimate thread asking about it answered by miike in his usual condescending rude way flowed by closed thread.

if kabam are the worst then you really have not played many games.
    kabam are far from perfect but no gaming company is.
    there are many companies worse.
    some bigger and some smaller.
    but there are many many companies worse.

look at the whol EA lootbox fiasco.
    or the whole FOXNET thing with MSF. (even seatin stopped playing cus they were worse than kabam)

these are two example literally off the topp of my head.
    my point is exaggerating your point really makes people take less notice.

kabam are not perfect but they are so far from the worst.
    also the only threads i see closed are duplicates and or threads where people are being rude and attacking and stuff.
    if people learn how to talk properly then they will be taken notice of.

• MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Im far more surprised that they are fixing it while the EQ is still live. They left symbiote strange bugged until his EQ ended last month with no compensation. Must be because he's being released to players.

It also follows their track record to fix anything that helps players immediately no matter how small, but never fix anything that makes life harder for us "because fixes to problems are complicated and require months of testing first". Doubt they will ever fix the fact poison immune champs are currently coded as robots in variant difficulty making them take insane amounts of damage from one of the debuffs.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I assume they waited until thousands of feature crystals were sold before announcing the bug/fix

Except no sane individual buys fgmc based on a champ's performance as a massively buffed EQ boss. With the right combination of nodes even Spider Gwen or Iron Patriot would be tough to beat.
    MrMaat wrote: »
    it would have been a very simple data entry error.
    the person inputting the data for Aegon would have simply put the wrong number and no percentage.
    the number in green is like that because it reads the data and shows watever the data reads.

this is just a case of someone entering the wrong number and noone checking/realising.
    easiest and most common way that bugs happen. this kind of bug is acceptable as it happens all the time in alot of games very easily.

Accidentally put 12466.67 instead of 85? That's a pretty wild jump.
    Just noticed this stopped getting bumped up to the top with each post...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I didn’t read through all the replies. But my view is that Kabam fixed the bug after 14 days to ensure fairness to all those running for legends.
    MrMaat wrote: »
    axelelf_1 wrote: »

retype what you said.
    make sure it is not rude.
    and it will stay up.

"retype what you said
    please make sure it is not rude
    and it will stay up"

Now that's a proper haiku.

lol... awesome... well noticed...