**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Season 6 starting date

Hi all,
Kabam, do you know when season 6 of AWs will start, please ? am curious to know if it will start around X-mas or if there will be special events post-poning the season. Thx

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    kryer79 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Kabam, do you know when season 6 of AWs will start, please ? am curious to know if it will start around X-mas or if there will be special events post-poning the season. Thx

I believe an announcement will come after Season 5 starts to give the community a headsup on Season 6.

Just be patient bro.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    2 week break unless they say otherwise.......
  • Options
    December 12th unless Kabam has an update or decides to give us an extended break for the holidays.
  • Options
    Hopefully, we get an official announcement soon. People starting to get all edgy lol
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Hopefully, we get an official announcement soon. People starting to get all edgy lol

:D:D
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Stat wrote: »
    December 12th unless Kabam has an update or decides to give us an extended break for the holidays.

Kabam give a holiday break? Wouldnt count on that 😂😂😂
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    They’ve just made an announcement about no Global Buffs for Season 6... no news on the date though despite the title of the thread... deferred global buffs until Season 7... #SwitchBladebackin
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike what date will Season 6 start? Wouldn’t mind a holiday break for Xmas.
  • Options
    Hey all,

Just updated that post to give some more clarity and included the date this time! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108489/alliance-wars-season-6-global-buffs-and-date-corrected/
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    A one week break? That’s not enough time address people who may retire and it means you’re having us play over the biggest holiday observed by the majority that plays

We also don’t accumulate loyalty quick enough to keep up with AW and AQ.. one week break ain’t helping.

This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Just sitting here scratching my head......
  • Options
    In the words of the immortal John McEnroe...
    ARE
    YOU
    SERIOUS?!?!?!?!

Looks like we will be skipping this war season. I’m sure many will be the same...
  • Options
    Many alliances will be the same just to clarify my comment... do you guys appreciate that this is the holiday season and some people will actually want to spend time with their families?
  • Options
    dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    That means the final attack phase of the season beings on New Years Eve!
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    wow pushing season 5 back a week to put in the dumpster that was the global nodes really killed both season 5 and 6. Final week of season 5 was over Thanksgiving and final week of season 6 is during Christmas. Get a calendar Kabam.
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Hey all,

Just updated that post to give some more clarity and included the date this time! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108489/alliance-wars-season-6-global-buffs-and-date-corrected/

Im slowly starting to feel used as a wc closet with each new post lately. 1 week break only is by far a terribl choiche and will only burn us players more. I would think it's due to xmas approaching but a break of a week would have been a much better choiche from xmas to new year, with regular 3-4 week pause.

You are squeezing us a bit too much lately, and as alwais it seems there can't be a good new being just a good new without a following terrible idea or proposal popping out.

@Kabam Miike honeslty, AT LEAST make a week break from 24th dec to 2nd Jan, else this time around you gonna feel a TON of repercussions.
  • Options
    Hey all,

Something I'm unclear on regarding the announcement. Because the new set of global buffs is not ready for season six, does that mean season six will launch with season five's global buffs, or season six will have no global buffs?
  • Options
    dano357 wrote: »
    That means the final attack phase of the season beings on New Years Eve!

I'm not crazy about it either, but to be fair since New Years Eve falls on a Monday this year there's no way for it to not fall within an attack phase day short of suspending alliance war until January and I think if they did that there would be a lot more complaining. Whether it impacts the last war or a middle war it will have a similar impact on points, and compel any remotely competitive alliance to fight on that day anywhere within the season.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Something I'm unclear on regarding the announcement. Because the new set of global buffs is not ready for season six, does that mean season six will launch with season five's global buffs, or season six will have no global buffs?

Sorry, could have been more clear there! There will be NO global buffs. No Bleed Immunity, no Amped Up.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Sorry, could have been more clear there! There will be NO global buffs. No Bleed Immunity, no Amped Up.

Wasnt the point of those buffs to keep it interesting and so people had to adapt?

Now its theres no time to adapt let's go back to boring?

They said they would examine the data after running them. Seems that was their findings. They were initially going to shift either way. You would be adapting for a Season.
  • Options
    Hey all,

Wasnt the point of those buffs to keep it interesting and so people had to adapt?

They did tell the players in advance that those buffs would be in place for one season only, and that therefore the disadvantage of bleed immunity would be temporary. So removing them at the end of the season even though the replacements aren't ready yet isn't entirely wrong. Both possibilities occurred to me as being reasonable, which is why I asked the question.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Hey all,

It means they looked at the data, didn't like the results, and are rethinking some aspect of it.

Like possibly a drop off in participation or people not buying pots to revive.

• Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I like the idea of a week off. Gives less time for alliances to tank

But how about the lone update they make this next season is the pulls from the war victory crystal. Arguably, the losing crystal gives better items
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Think it's a way to cut down the time ally's have to tank. Maybe that is more important to them than waiting the extra week to get the global buffs planned in place. Who knows ?
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Whats the end date for this?
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Just......sigh.....well there goes my new years eve, not to mention Christmas. Really don't know how I'm going to explain to my wife that I won't be joining her at our first Christmas dinner with our baby girl.