**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is biohazard a bad node? Or a good change of pace?

XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
I never really liked biohazard per say, but I just had an unfortunate run in with this months blade and whoa boy did it leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. So I was what’s wondering the community’s thoughts were.

Is biohazard a bad node? Or a good change of pace? 121 votes

Biohazard is fine
42%
GroundedWisdomGamerPhil_ColsondanielmathcradlemanThe_OneLeNoirFaineantJaffacakedHaji_SaabA_Noob_Is1Timone147AddyosThatsausageTheManMythLegendDshuAmonthirPcc880SungjTheretichendroidsv 51 votes
Biohazard is a pain, but not bad
41%
CrkwestHort4buffajrzuffySIlverProfessorSpeedbumpmani274Darkrider05MrgreenAnonymous346NOOOOOOOOPEEEEEExHavokDragonFire2Lt_Magnum_1SceptilemaniacCassyHammerbro_64Thecrusher_9756JustusCastrumRasilover 50 votes
Biohazard is awful
14%
Shynight00StefanjonesTrimbobFallencircusfish8sixDrake2078Foxhero007RoOOtsaxelelf_1Strikerrx8JC_JakearoundNamelezReverend_RuckusFooshblalalaFfnmvigyivygyvk_2Spidey1918 17 votes
What’s biohazard?
2%
Captain_KandiceWakanda4Ever278DragonsniperRhQ 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Biohazard is fine
    Its an interesting node. A bleed immune is all you need. Just need to change fight style. I used a luke cage for one run.

Edit: or you can use one of the games many dual immunes. Vision, ultron, sentinal, iceman 😁
  • Options
    See, I don’t really like having to use a bleed immune probably because of my limited roster of good bleed/poison immune champions
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    See, I don’t really like having to use a bleed immune probably because of my limited roster of good bleed/poison immune champions

If you don’t like using an immune champ when the node practically requires you to have one, you must like buying revives and potions 🤷🏻‍♂️ I just hate it when I accidentally L1 into their block with LC. I have to let them hit me so I get indestructible and don’t die.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Biohazard is fine
    With iceman, Ultron, vision, dormammu etc you can fight it like a normal fight.
    Anyone bleed immune works just as well, just don't hit into thier block
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Biohazard is fine
    What happened when you ran into blade?

Which difficulty did you fight on?

Honestly, since I have Iceman and Ultron as 5 stars I rarely run into issues with such nodes, but I can see with a limited roster how ppl can dislike this one.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Biohazard is fine
    I used Sentinel. Immune is the key. Otherwise you're going to need to do as much Damage as you can before dying. Quake works too, no contact.
  • Options
    NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Biohazard is awful
    I used LC and GR for Biohazard Blade only problem I have with BioHazard is the Blade fight bc u had to have a certain champ to beat him
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Biohazard is fine
    Namelez wrote: »
    I used LC and GR for Biohazard Blade only problem I have with BioHazard is the Blade fight bc u had to have a certain champ to beat him

Not really, I beat him with iceman, Luke Cage, Ultron, GR.
    All except GR are 5/50 4*.
    I didn't try dormammu because he's only 3/30 or 2/35.
    Someone with skill could beat him with a colossus because he's bleed immune
  • Options

Honestly, since I have Iceman and Ultron as 5 stars I rarely run into issues with such nodes, but I can see with a limited roster how ppl can dislike this one.

Well, I use my r4 archangel to get him down as much as possible before dying. Then I used my hood. Die. And then my three bleed immunes. Iceman, Ghost rider, and Luke cage. GR is 5/50, the others 4/40. It all goes well until that last fifteen percent, I can’t do enough damage. And then I die, have to go in with another champion, and I have to get him down to 15%, avoid the degen, then either kill him or bring him below 15% so he won’t Regen again next time. The problem was block damage. Iceman and Luke Cage are relatively beefy champions. But they’re 4/40...so it was frustrating whenever I’d accidentally hit block. I admit I could have been playing better, but it was a very annoying fight. To answer your other question. It was uncollected, wouldn’t be upset if it was master. Cause then I’d feel really bad considering where I am. And my 4/40 and 5/50 bleed immunes count to those three.

Never lucky enough to get any bleed immune 5 stars. Super unfortunate
  • Options

If you don’t like using an immune champ when the node practically requires you to have one, you must like buying revives and potions 🤷🏻‍♂️ I just hate it when I accidentally L1 into their block with LC. I have to let them hit me so I get indestructible and don’t die.

I suppose it is just me who doesn’t like these limiting nodes. But I really don’t like not being able to use my best champions without drawbacks. Which is why 5.3 was a pain. Though I like to think my roster is vast enough...I need some strong champion for biohazard. As it seems to be appearing more and more oft.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Biohazard is fine

Well, I use my r4 archangel to get him down as much as possible before dying. Then I used my hood. Die. And then my three bleed immunes. Iceman, Ghost rider, and Luke cage. GR is 5/50, the others 4/40. It all goes well until that last fifteen percent, I can’t do enough damage. And then I die, have to go in with another champion, and I have to get him down to 15%, avoid the degen, then either kill him or bring him below 15% so he won’t Regen again next time. The problem was block damage. Iceman and Luke Cage are relatively beefy champions. But they’re 4/40...so it was frustrating whenever I’d accidentally hit block. I admit I could have been playing better, but it was a very annoying fight. To answer your other question. It was uncollected, wouldn’t be upset if it was master. Cause then I’d feel really bad considering where I am. And my 4/40 and 5/50 bleed immunes count to those three.

Never lucky enough to get any bleed immune 5 stars. Super unfortunate

Makes sense. Uncollected blade can be tough. This month they've made all the bosses tough starting from Starky, Blade, AEgon and the Champion.

I used Iceman as well but mine is 4/55, all I can say is you gotta evade better. Blade's sp1 is easy to avoid, don't push him to sp2. Use Iceman heavy to do excess damage when the frost charges are on blade. It's easy even with a 4/40 if you can get into this rhythm -
    Combo - Bait SP1 - Combo - Fire SP1 - Parry - Heavy - Bait SP1 - Combo
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    It's all right. It's not BS like mesmerize or a complete pain like rage.

The only time it gets annoying is when it pops up at the end of a quest and you didn't check all the nodes before selecting your team.

It's like ffffffffff when you get there and realize you don't have a bleed immune.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Which is why 5.3 was a pain.

You are being gracious. 5.3 is awful. Just terrible. As a chapter as a whole, it is the worse collective amount of torture in Story Mode.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Biohazard is fine
    Biohazard is fine as it is. Just bring a bleed immune
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Slightly off topic but caltrops boss in the Ultron quest where you can only have 2 classes, I'm 700k and been playing since near the beginning... Not even a 4* Iceman yet, no skill or mutants that are bleed immune worth ranking apart from him, that's too small a window of immune champs yeah I have kingpin or beast who can slow the bleed but worth dropping 3 ranks into for one boss, meh ... Bad design
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Biohazard is fine
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but caltrops boss in the Ultron quest where you can only have 2 classes, I'm 700k and been playing since near the beginning... Not even a 4* Iceman yet, no skill or mutants that are bleed immune worth ranking apart from him, that's too small a window of immune champs yeah I have kingpin or beast who can slow the bleed but worth dropping 3 ranks into for one boss, meh ... Bad design

If it was a monthly quest, sure. This is permanent content though so go back when you have the right champs
  • Options
    I just wish my bleed immune didn’t have piss poor damage output on that blade
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I just want to mention that quake is also a great counter to biohazard. No contact with opponent=no bleed or poison
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Biohazard is awful
    Only against R4/r5 Modok in Tier 2/3. Will be taking Nebula to r4 just for him
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »

I can't say I fully agree with this. All the fights in the variant difficulty are reasonable at the 5/50 or 3/45 level...far more reasonable than, say, taking a 4* champ into Labyrinth (which many have done).

I'd also submit that if someone is playing at a level where doing the Variant quest is a reasonable task, then having the resources to rank a champ to 5/50 or 3/45 isn't that big a deal. You just have to weigh out whether you want to upgrade a champ that may not have a ton of use outside of the Variant quest or spend units on potions and revives. The choice is really up to the player; there's no wrong answer.

Blade is a solid option. Keep your power high and you barely feel the bleed. Old Man Logan, Omega Red, Colossus, Iceman, Rogue, and Beast all have some sort of special interaction with bleed that makes them pretty good in the fight. That's a fair amount of current options for permanent, end-game content that was explicitly stated to be designed to force players to dive deep into their rosters. Seems far more fair than Labyrinth, which for a LONG time only had a single viable option for exploration (Duped 5* Star Lord).

So respectfully, I disagree. I don't think it's bad design. The player just needs to decide if they want to rank a champ for possibly a single fight or if they'd rather save the catalysts and spend units on potions and revives to use a more powerful, sub-optimal champ.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Don’t forget kingpin. He can shrug off bleeds and convert to rage. Not the best champ but if you are tight on team members he can help a little.