**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Account Sharing within an alliance

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Zapp wrote: »
    You know that about 95% of all alliances that are 3 Mil+ do that right? It's the only way to keep the performance of the alliance when somebody is sick, on holiday or whatever.

This is simply not true. My alliance does not account share and I strictly tell my members not to do it and we are 8.5mil. I'm sure there are plenty of alliances like us that are successful without cheating.
    If they ban that, they can straight away kick the complete list of top 100 alliances in the game because I guarantee you there are very few people there who aren't guilty of account sharing in some form.

I wish kabam had a legitimate way of detecting account sharing because I would love nothing more than to see these people banned.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    shingbab wrote: »
    Sounds like a standard alliance to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Oh, "the because everyone else does it" justification for cheating. I love that one, absolutely my favorite.

Dunno about that.
    I will say that map 6 with a global alliance is nigh on impossible.
    And booting people because they go on holiday / have an emergency / have a bereavement doesn't feel very 'alliance like'. With 30 individuals in different timezones that stuff happens pretty regularly.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

There are other options. Instead of booting people when they are busy with life don't run 6 or even 5. What an alliance is "alliance like" is up to the people who run that alliance. If they feel the need to rank as high as possible every aq they will need to track down 30 people that work from home, have no children or friends.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Oh, "the because everyone else does it" justification for cheating. I love that one, absolutely my favorite.

Dunno about that.
    And booting people because they go on holiday / have an emergency / have a bereavement doesn't feel very 'alliance like'. With 30 individuals in different timezones that stuff happens pretty regularly.

If you hate the game, don't play. By sharing accounts in competition events like wars, you are directly cheating honest players. How is your alliance somehow more entitled to the rewards than mine is? How do you justify cheating others because the game makes it hard to win if you don't? Should I teach my kids, "hey its ok to steal from someone if earning honestly is too difficult"? Sorry but your lame, everyone does it, excuse is pathetic and blaming the game because you think it makes it too hard to win is equally as pathetic.

What I don't understand is; this is a game, its for fun, how fun is it to win if you cheated? Its not like you get anything real for winning. Cheating for the win is like going to the trophy store and buying a bunch of trophies to display on your shelf.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    if Kabam takes a closer look at the members of the ally i recently joined and they get banned that's their fault for breaking TOS because of this thread, oh well. I just want to be clear if i should leave now or before the SA. Or is OK to stay with a cheating alliance if you don't cheat?
  • hellgoalhellgoal Posts: 22
    edited July 2017
    to constantly play this game you need to be a no lifer .
    dont c anytging anything wrong with sharing account with alliance members ,that you trust and would move u only when you are not able to join . due real life matters like work ,family or special events.
    and most high end alliances use a buddy system specialy if they do run map6 since every minute count .
    its cheating only if they are helping u clear game content that u cant clear on your own.
    and you are the backstabbing sheater waiting for SA rewards to leave .
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    You sure they were "sharing accounts" and not logging into secondary accounts/accounts whose original user has quit?
    Oh, and BTW, they didn't ban any account sharers. Only modders.
    Kabam is very much aware of account sharing but I doubt they would do anything about it (notice how they specifically mentioned not share accounts with people who use mods)
    Yes, i saw them speaking with a couple guys that they were going to be logging into their accounts. I said something about breaking TOS and they got defensive saying its OK to cover while others are inactive.
    I'm just trying to have a little more transparency on the issue. Like i said in a previous post i do not cheat or account share but also don't want to be considered guilty by association with people who do.

Dunno about that.

If you hate the game, don't play.

You are justifying cheating because it is too hard to win without cheating? How pathetic is that? Should I teach my kids "It's ok to steal from others if earning it honestly is too difficult"? By helping others advance in a war, you are taking the winning rewards out of the hands of the other honest team. What makes your alliance more entitled to the rewards than mine?

What I don't understand is this; it's a game, it's for fun, how is it fun to win if you had to cheat to do it? Its not like you are winning anything real either. Cheating to win in this game is like going to the trophy store and buying a bunch of trophies to display on the shelf.
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    edited July 2017

Dunno about that.

If you hate the game, don't play.

You are justifying cheating because it is too hard to win without cheating? How pathetic is that? Should I teach my kids "It's ok to steal from others if earning it honestly is too difficult"? By helping others advance in a war, you are taking the winning rewards out of the hands of the other honest team. What makes your alliance more entitled to the rewards than mine?

What I don't understand is this; it's a game, it's for fun, how is it fun to win if you had to cheat to do it? Its not like you are winning anything real either. Cheating to win in this game is like going to the trophy store and buying a bunch of trophies to display on the shelf.

It's a phrase - 'the game' in this instance is being forced into an alliance in the same timezone and never having stuff happen in real life.

The alternative, (for us - an alliance of 1. trusted friends that span the globe and 2. people with real lives) is to:
    - constantly do maps that are beneath our standard (which is boring).
    - constantly tailor our schedule to 1 of 30 individuals (which is boring).
    - Constantly have to get rewards far beneath our ability (which is boring).

You are exactly right - it is a game, and I want to play that game at the maximum of my ability with my friends because that's what is fun. That sometimes (albeit rarely) means one friend will ask another friend to clear a linked node for them because they can't at the moment. I'm ok with the fact that that happens in my alliance sometimes - normally as a matter of last resort. I'm sorry you are not.

I play for fun - if the fun police ultimately get their way then fine.
    No-one has been banned in my alliance. I doubt they will be. If some are, then....you know...whatever...it's a game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be clear - I think the main sticking point is generally AQ. Most situations can be worked around in AW.
    If you can't play the game to maximum of your ability within the rules and to play within the rules is boring; play a different game.
    If you can't play the game to maximum of your ability within the rules and to play within the rules is boring; play a different game.

Nah :D

Well, someone else cannot take your integrity, you give that away freely.

Jeez man. You sure take this mobile phone game seriously. All power to you.
    To be honest would put a smile on my face to see the account sharers banned. They were so cocky and arogant when I called them out about breaking TOS with their sharing.
    edited July 2017
    Does this make me a hater or someone that wants an even playing field for the entire mcoc community?
  • NEO wrote: »
    Does this make me a hater or someone that wants an even playing field for the entire mcoc community?

Why not be both? The end result is a clean game either way.

No, I don't really care if you cheat. You'll get banned eventually, but don't sit here and try to justify cheating, there is no justification for it. I am just bothered by your sense of entitlement about cheating. I will laugh heartily when someone you shared your account with sells all your champs and clears your account.

No, I don't really care if you cheat. You'll get banned eventually, but don't sit here and try to justify cheating, there is no justification for it. I am just bothered by your sense of entitlement about cheating. I will laugh heartily when someone you shared your account with sells all your champs and clears your account.

I've never said that i've done it.
    I know some people in my alliance have done.
    As I say - it's a game - if people get banned then most will carry on with their day. You go ahead and laugh if that floats your boat.
    There's no entitlement here - just an understanding for those alliances and individuals that choose to do this.

When I was less advanced in the game, in a small alliance I could never have reasoned why account sharing happens; progression and challenges are easily found and the risks far out weigh the benefit.

When you get to finish up most content and only the highest rewards are of interest to you, yet you still enjoy playing the game and yet still want to have a real life you may gain a different perspective - or not.
    Maybe you'll just leave the game, maybe you'll opt to up your play time a lot, or maybe you'll be happy getting inconsequential rewards that serve no purpose. I dunno what you'll do - but I understand why some choose to account share.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I doubt most account sharers will get banned. The vans so far have been focused towards mods and hacks not account sharing
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    edited July 2017
    When you get to finish up most content and only the highest rewards are of interest to you, yet you still enjoy playing the game and yet still want to have a real life you may gain a different perspective - or not.
    Maybe you'll just leave the game, maybe you'll opt to up your play time a lot, or maybe you'll be happy getting inconsequential rewards that serve no purpose. I dunno what you'll do - but I understand why some choose to account share.
    'When you have worked a job for a while and received a paycheck and wish you could get even more money.... why not rob a bank? I mean only the highest rewards are of any concern. Maybe you won't. Maybe you will get a second job to earn more money but don't bad talk bank robbers. It is just an alternative choice and they shouldn't be punished because they choose a different route than you. Cheez. It's only a different choice.'

LOL. Cheating is cheating. Stop trying to act like one is better than the another when being a cheater.

BCdiscman wrote: »
    'When you have worked a job for a while and received a paycheck and wish you could get even more money.... why not rob a bank? I mean only the highest rewards are of any concern. Maybe you won't. Maybe you will get a second job to earn more money but don't bad talk bank robbers. It is just an alternative choice and they shouldn't be punished because they choose a different route than you. Cheez. It's only a different choice.'
    LOL. Cheating is cheating. Stop trying to act like one is better than the another when being a cheater.

Sorry buddy - that analogy is weak.
    Once again - people taking a mobile phone game a little too seriously.

You do you.
    Others will continue risking it, helping friends out, progressing together and ultimately accept the consequences if they come (they won't btw...unless they ban proxies and vpns).
    agree
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    Pretty much every alliance I've been in had at least 1-5 people sharing accounts and doing some other shady stuff.
  • FluxxyFluxxy Posts: 57
    Ja55 wrote: »
    NEO wrote: »
    Actually im eligle for SA this week, wasn't last week. What does that have to do with the main point. Sharing accounts.

If they are "cheating" to win in aw and you know this then you are also guilty. "Cheating" in aw results in more shards which equals more crystals. As an end result a higher sa score due to that. By staying until sa for the inflated rewards you are also "cheating".

By unknowingly joining an alliance that practices account sharing he/she should not have to endure 3 weeks without SA rewards for the choices of others. What a ridiculous statement.
    Stay for rewards then gtfo, you put in the work and deserve at least something for the amount of lock out you'll be put through.

Also, report them. Especially if they speak about it in game chat.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    XMEN1994 wrote: »
    Leave them, go join a legit alliance.

You know that about 95% of all alliances that are 3 Mil+ do that right? It's the only way to keep the performance of the alliance when somebody is sick, on holiday or whatever. If they ban that, they can straight away kick the complete list of top 100 alliances in the game because I guarantee you there are very few people there who aren't guilty of account sharing in some form.

Sure against TOS, bla bla. You really think they are going to kick the people who spend 15 Million $ every month on that game? Because that 1% who make up the majority of that money are all guilty of account sharing.

No, that ban is intended to be for those whales, not against them. Cheating devaluates the immense amount of money they pour into the game. The crackdown is intended to keep them spending, not ban them forever.

That's what people tell themselves when they break the rules in every MMO. Everyone does it, the company can't ban everyone, it is necessary because blah blah blah, its really the company's fault not mine.

Then they get perma-banned and either a) act surprised, b) pretend they didn't cheat, c) act indignant that they shouldn't be banned, d) predict the downfall of the game Real Soon Now, or e) all of the above.
  • creyzocreyzo Posts: 1
    benim hesabımı kapatmıssınız bır kereye mahsuz kaldırabılırmısınız sadece zebott kullandım ve bu programı herkes kullanıyor bazılarını hesabını kapatmadınız benımkını neden kapattınız lutfen benım hesabımı aktıf edersenız sevınırım asla bır daha hıle yapmayacagım
    maıl adresım:muhammet2922@gmail.com
    ismim:muhammet_ozkaya
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    its ok as long as they arent using a 3 party app
    shareing Accounts are standard in big allinces
This discussion has been closed.