**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

how to deal with hyperion.

VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
im missing 2 paths on the new champions quest and its just that i cant fire off my sp2 on magik before he hits his sp3, even if i evade his special attacks up until that point, i just dont seem to be going at him from the right angle. any suggestions/tips/champ recomendations?

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    VulcanM wrote: »
    im missing 2 paths on the new champions quest and its just that i cant fire off my sp2 on magik before he hits his sp3, even if i evade his special attacks up until that point, i just dont seem to be going at him from the right angle. any suggestions/tips/champ recomendations?

You could get mystic dispersion for Magik and get off your L2 much faster. I've been using Magik though and haven't re-unlocked MD because I'm not using as many mutants these days. Hit him a couple times while he is blocking and back away and he will usually fire a special. You shouldn't need to bait that many before you can power lock him. On the easier chapter you can just restart the path if you are unsuccessful. Hawkeye would be another option. On the easier level I used GR for him sometimes.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I used a cosmic 150% power boost and a 5/50 hyperion, launch sp2 and hope for stun then did sp2 until he died
  • MJ_no7MJ_no7 Posts: 17
    I used iceman. Ice armor makes L3 trivial.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    No Luke, no Magik, no Iceman, no Hawkeye, SW is 3/30. Guess I’m screwed.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Did lightweight easy, moved to heavy, destroyed magik in first fight, then got destroyed by Hyperion, he just would not use his specials. I was using by 5/65 magik . Quit and will try again when I've farmed units.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Modok works good too
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Void
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    ogHulk/Void/BW/Thor Ragn/Heimdall.
    You have first indestructible Hulk at -20% +1 bar of power and second indestructible (Heimdall) at 1%. You can imagine a max sig level hulk at 1% health...HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!! Puny Hype

You just need the ogHulk as 5* or at least 4* . Thor Ragn 4* and the others can even be 3*
    If you get KOed, you just us a lev 1 revive. He will come in fight with indest/1 bar and Hulk smash.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Haven't tried yet, but wouldn't doc ock be a solid option, especially with the increased power gain?
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Haven't tried yet, but wouldn't doc ock be a solid option, especially with the increased power gain?
    I think he would. But you would need to bait a bit so you can SP3 and drag out your power block.
  • PowrotiPowroti Posts: 21
    Scarlet witch is a beast against hyperion..
    Every time he have power gain ..SW nullifies it...if u have her use her
  • PowrotiPowroti Posts: 21
    I also love rogue her sp1 always steals his powergain ability.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I used SW, she nullified his power gain and power locked him but he still gained power to S3.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Do you have Luke Cage? His exhaustion slows down power gain rate so its more manageable of a fight
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Well stun immune hyp really f..s me everytime i tried, he isn’t even throwing sps damit
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    edited November 2018
    I used my hood. Really really good , stagger all buffs regen a lot and constantly use sp1. Very easy so far.
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 191
    My most successful champ against him was Spark. He just kept taunting him into using his specials.
  • What's crazy is some of the best champs to use against HYPERION actually have a class disadvantage to him.

Stark Spidey: He can build TAUNTS that cause Hyperion to fire of specials.

Vulture: I believe his S2 attaches THERMAL FEEDBACK that drains power while also dealing damage. He's like Guillotine with the S2 that reverse REGEN. except he reverse POWER GAIN!!
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    sd__white wrote: »
    Vulture: I believe his S2 attaches THERMAL FEEDBACK that drains power while also dealing damage. He's like Guillotine with the S2 that reverse REGEN. except he reverse POWER GAIN!!

Thermal Feedback burns 25% of any power gained and deals direct damage based on the power burned. So when thermal feedback is applied, Hyperion will gain less power and any power gained will cause damage to him. But his power gain will not be reversed.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Powroti wrote: »
    I also love rogue her sp1 always steals his powergain ability.

It does, but he then stacks up Cosmic charges, which give him Attack and Resistance bonuses; so she's not the perfect solution.

Stagger works brilliantly on Hyperion. Haven't done the Champion's Clash yet; but actually Juggernaut is my go-to for beating Hype. Jane Foster or Hood would be good options, too; or Symbiote Supreme if you've got him. Just never let the Power Gain happen in the first place!
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I use either SW or Mephisto for Hyperion. SW play normally, Mephisto spam sp1 so he doesn't get his power gains and bait his specials. If it's a long enough fight that you're out of souls, save up for an sp3 and use it once Hyp gets 2 bars of power. It'll buy you a little extra time.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Mephisto. GR can work. Dorm. Iceman thats all the best counters other than Magik I can think of
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    sd__white wrote: »
    What's crazy is some of the best champs to use against HYPERION actually have a class disadvantage to him.

Thinking of trying Red Skull

• GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Use doctor octopus, he won't get to that sp3
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    VulcanM wrote: »

I was having the same problem so I left magic in but I added five star Iceman to go against him, wasn't perfect but did the job. Tried Dr. Oct but he wasn't getting in enough damage and one slip up and you lose power lock
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I used a cosmic 150% power boost and a 5/50 hyperion, launch sp2 and hope for stun then did sp2 until he died

Needing RNG to get stun but maybe an option I must attempt. If failed, I am just not ready yet.

I also tried Hood (4☆ unduped) and no success on path 2 lightweight.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Hood man, sp2 if you have to, just be careful.