**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

X-what?

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Can someone explain how Scarlet Witch and X23 aren’t X-Men but somehow CABLE counts?

The actual mutant who caused one of the most (in)famous retcons and X23 who has had several roles throughout multiple incarnations…

But the time hopper who has teammed up with them less times than MAGNETI is an X-Man?

Comments

• Technically, she was never part of the X-Men @Epsilon3 . She was an Avenger. Granted her 1st appearance in the comics was in the X-Men comics. But she wasn't part of the team. She started as a villain in Magneto's 'Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.' She and her brother eventually joined the Avengers. Her being a mutant (and Quicksilver) was later retconned and it was revealed to be that they were kiddnapped, and subject to generic experimentation by the High Evolutionary. As this occurred in 2010, and the game was released in late 2014... it makes perfect sense as to why she's not classified as a Mutant, or affiliated with the X-Men. Even so, just because she was originally said to be a mutant (and was subsequently changed to block Fox from being able to utilize her in the X-flicks), doesn't mean she's automatically part of the X-Men. If you want to know more, read her Wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Witch

X-23 on the other hand, was INDEED part of the X-Men. Then again, so was Cable.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Apologies, House of M kinda forced me to block out a lot of Scarlet Witch.

But to my knowledge, outside alternate timelines Cable hasn’t been an active modern day 616 X-Man unless I seriously skipped a lot of HIS story between his time timetraveling and hanging with Deadpool. Honestly the last time I’ve seen cable he was going by the name Striker and was having Deadpool kill people to return the favor of saving his family
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Same reason why only certain champs count for Avengers but almost every single one has been an avenger at some point.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Same reason why only certain champs count for Avengers but almost every single one has been an avenger at some point.

If they got A-Force tags they can add any amount of “technicality tags” they want imo 😂

But that’s like comparing the Justice league to the bat-family in my book. Everyone’s been an avenger but there’s generally a clear line between “extended run with the X-Men” and “yeah occasionally we fight mutant-oppression together when we aren’t killing each other”
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

If they got A-Force tags they can add any amount of “technicality tags” they want imo 😂

But that’s like comparing the Justice league to the bat-family in my book. Everyone’s been an avenger but there’s generally a clear line between “extended run with the X-Men” and “yeah occasionally we fight mutant-oppression together when we aren’t killing each other”

MCOC exists in its own universe pull story lines from everything. It's not always going to match comic book lore or the MCU.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Same reason Namor (1st mutant) was never an X-Man but an Avenger.

That's the team she's mostly affiliated with.

Edit: first mutant created
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    um, Namor has been an X-Man. Same as Cable. Cable was in the X-Men in the late 1990s/early 2000s after the Phalanx Covenant event. Namor was in the X-Men in the early 2000s when they retconned in the "first mutant" BS.