**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Night Riders

CATCH A RIDE!

The Cabal’s power is dwindling, and the Avengers are closing in to wipe them out. Not the sort to surrender easily, they begin to retaliate around The Battlerealm.

Suspicious of their true motives, Night Thrasher investigates the source with the help of a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man, and a powerful android called Darkhawk. What are the Cabal really planning, and is there time to stop them?

NEW WARRIORS!

With a nosegrind and a dive bomb, two new Champions enter The Contest!

Night Thrasher, A.K.A. Dwayne Taylor, is a skateboarding vigilante taking justice into his own hands after the murder of his parents. Utilizing his radical array of gadgets, he’s able to incinerate, shock, and disorient his foes. To maintain the element of surprise, he’s not afraid to pull out his skateboard to really throw his opponent’s defenses for a loop!

Darkhawk, A.K.A. Christopher Powell, was a teenager when he found the amulet that could transform him into a powerful android which would give him an “edge against crime”. Packing a gnarly combination of grapple cables, sharp wings, and numerous combat protocols, he’s well suited to this new life of fighting crime.

Q&A
How long does this quest run for?
This quest will be starting on the December 5th at 10:00AM PST and will run until January 9th at 10:00AM PST. Those attempting Legends runs will have until 10 AM PST on December 19th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

How do I get the Legends title associated with Master Difficulty?
The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in this Event Quest the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program

In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
#1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
#6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
--

Rewards

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner Quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
150x Units
900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
2x Generic Tier 1 Catalysts
2x Generic Tier 2 Catalysts
15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
1x New Warrior Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal Quests, you earn:
1x 3-Star Spider-Man (Classic)
5000x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
150x Units
2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
1x Alpha Catalyst
3x Tier 2 Generic Catalysts
5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x New Warrior Title

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic Quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
150x Units
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
1x Alpha Catalyst
2x Tier 3 Generic Catalysts
12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
10x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
1x New Warrior Title

For completing and mastering all of the Master Quests, you earn:
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
3000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1.5x Crystals)
2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
150x Units
3x Alpha Catalyst
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
55x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
28000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment
1x Skate and Destroyer Title

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected Quests, you earn:
4020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
7500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
2500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
12000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
9000x Tier 5 Generic Catalyst Shard
1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

Comments

• SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    This event extends rather far into January... Almost 1/3 of the month will be gone by the time the next event quest starts. I feel like we are gonna pay one of these months with a really short event quest.

Its most of the teams vacation time thats why.

But yes, I'm not liking these extended times. Hopefully they stop doing this. This is going to be irritating come February going into March if we have this extended week they are doing.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Not to go too off-topic but I remember a discussion last year about the same kind of overlap vs holidays. And there was one event quest that they had overlap for a few days to give both enough time and adjust the runtimes.
  • Ace13aAce13a Posts: 3
    Maybe a week extension because most of us will be doing gold realm and halls of healing when they come out this month.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Ace13a wrote: »
    Maybe a week extension because most of us will be doing gold realm and halls of healing when they come out this month.

A lot of us have heroic and master cleared within the first day or 2, taking our time on Uncollected so we can gather resources and do other things they give us to do.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    The duration of this event covers what would normally be 3 new featured champs, what will he happening for what would normally be a featured champ on the 3rd of January?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Maybe the EQ has the highest energy requirement ever, and they're trying to stem the inevitable whining about it.
  • BruteForce75BruteForce75 Posts: 48
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    The duration of this event covers what would normally be 3 new featured champs, what will he happening for what would normally be a featured champ on the 3rd of January?
    My guess is nostalgia crystal arena that they have run for the past 2 years will return this year.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

That's not how they usually do. It's about the timing to introduce a new champion in the arenas, in order for them all to be released in the same month.
    For them to release 3x new champions in a month, the first one needs to come to the game in the first 2/3 days of that month, in order for the other two to still be released in the same one
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    JayCee wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    This event extends rather far into January... Almost 1/3 of the month will be gone by the time the event quest starts. I feel like we are gonna pay one of these months with a really short event quest.

I don’t care. The contest will mean less to me for the next 2 years since I’ll be in years 11 and 12

lol you better read for those GCSEs and A-levels.

That's not how they usually do. It's about the timing to introduce a new champion in the arenas, in order for them all to be released in the same month.
    For them to release 3x new champions in a month, the first one needs to come to the game in the first 2/3 days of that month, in order for the other two to still be released in the same one

What??

The first new champ is being released in the first 2/3 days of the event, the event runs from the 5th dec to 9th Jan, new champs are scheduled to be released 6th dec, 20th dec and 3rd January. So this event quest expands 3 new feature champ releases.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    wasn't gladiator hulk in the arena before that monthly event started? I may be wrong. Could be a similar situation.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    Ace13a wrote: »

A lot of us have heroic and master cleared within the first day or 2, taking our time on Uncollected so we can gather resources and do other things they give us to do.

I don't understand why people buy energy to finish the quests so fast when you have a whole month to do it. They can be completed entirely with the daily free energy if you're patient enough to wait.

completely agree, no hurry to finish new quests asap, unless of course you are specifically aiming for the legend title.

I just auto fight heroic, figure out new champs abilities, gameplay, timing etc and then do master and epic, makes it so much easier.

What??

The first new champ is being released in the first 2/3 days of the event, the event runs from the 5th dec to 9th Jan, new champs are scheduled to be released 6th dec, 20th dec and 3rd January. So this event quest expands 3 new feature champ releases.

Is not all about the duration of the event. Is about the day the first new champion would be released in the arenas as well, which needs to be in the first 2/3 days of the month while the event is active.
    March had 3 new champions, being the first one released on March 1st.
    August same thing. First champion released on August 2nd.

What??

Is not all about the duration of the event. Is about the day the first new champion would be released in the arenas as well, which needs to be in the first 2/3 days of the month while the event is active.
    March had 3 new champions, being the first one released on March 1st.
    August same thing. First champion released on August 2nd.

Your confusing months with event quests which is not the same.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t see why there is so much confusion. Champs are released every other week. Night Thrasher is being released on Thursday December 6th. Darkhawk will be released on December 20th. The following champ should be released on January 3rd which is during this quest. So the question is what are they planning on doing?
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I don’t see why there is so much confusion. Champs are released every other week. Night Thrasher is being released on Thursday December 6th. Darkhawk will be released on December 20th. The following champ should be released on January 3rd which is during this quest. So the question is what are they planning on doing?

Thank you, was beginning to think I was going crazy, pretty simple to understand.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Could be Memory Lane. Who knows?
    I can see what the problem is now ...
    Probably because there will be another arena with a 2018 crystal, which only contains champions released in this year. So they will do an entire week for that arena, and the date problem would be solved (kinda)

Hence the question.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Hence the question.

I think it's safe to say if it wasn't announced, it's a surprise. Lol.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    I do believe this is how it's been run every year due to the holidays.
    I don't remembers last year exactly but I believe the 2017 crystal arena (if there was one) was run instead of a basic not a feature.

Last year taskmaster was released on the 7th dec, modok on 21st dec and sentry on 4th January, so all feature arenas were covered by new champs.
    I don't remembers last year exactly but I believe the 2017 crystal arena (if there was one) was run instead of a basic not a feature.

Last year taskmaster was released on the 7th dec, modok on 21st dec and sentry on 4th January, so all feature arenas were covered by new champs.

It may be a way to avoid getting 2x "new" basic champions in the arenas in the future, which was a problem the last 2x times they did this. They eventually changed something to put arenas back to "new featured, old basic".

If this time they release a new feature, old feature, new featured and the 2018 crystal (and after that arena, an old featured again), there would be no problems in the future arena schedule, since it would be "old new old new" like they want to
    Hence the question.