**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doc Ock heal block bug

Something is wrong with Doc Ock's heal block. My 5* is awakened sig level 120. His heal block should be able to steal 27.75% of life the opponent would have gained while regenerating. I just fought Doctor Voodoo, King Groot, and Phoenix with heal block while they were regenerating and I did not see any life steal. Tested this several times.

Please advise.

Comments

• CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Just tried against Iron Patriot. Same deal.
    edited October 2018
    Annnnd doesn't work against Wolverine either. ****.
    Worked against Superior Iron Man. Go figure.
  • edited October 2018
    Would you be able to tell us what modes this happened in or what node buffs were active at the time? If you had any video of the fights, this would also be helpful as well.
    Thanks for the response. It happened during duels and Proving Grounds. So no node buffs.

I can try and make a video - I've never done that before. How do you do that on iOS?
  • It may change a bit depending on what version of your OS you are using but there are some instructions for how to record your screen on iOS 11 or later here. Oh and thanks for the extra info!
    Thanks for the link. I was able to record a video that I think demonstrates what may be the problem. Can I upload it to this site?
  • You would have to upload the video to youtube and then send us the link to the video. You can send the link in a direct message to a moderator as well, if you prefer.
    OK - I've never shared anything via YouTube before. Was hoping there was a way to just upload here.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    I've been noticing it for some time and was finally able to get a screenshot at least. This was in arena so there were no nodes. As you can see, I have the Heal Block debuff on Gambit but he is still gaining health. Does his Heal Block only work to block Regeneration and not from Masteries like Salve?
    etu4cee77ip7.png
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Since he was released, the number's of the regen still appears, but the enemy shouldn't heal from it.
    Since he was released, the number's of the regen still appears, but the enemy shouldn't heal from it.

Other champs with heal block dont show the numbers, why should he be different?
    Duped, he doesn't cause heal block. the icon is there just to let you know his ability is activated.
    Then what does this mean?

dxo8vpdui3lj.png
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Then what does this mean?

dxo8vpdui3lj.png
    It means nothing as that ability is modfied by his signature ability.
    edited December 2018
    So he really doesn't cause Heal Block unless he is not awakened. Think I'd almost rather keep him unawakened if I could then.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    So he really doesn't cause Heal Block unless he is not awakened. Think I'd almost rather keep him unawakened if I could then.
    Unawkened he causes heal block, when awakened his signature ability modifies that heal block.
    Just wish I had an Unawakened version to test on now. Thanks CoatHang3r
    Doc Ock is way better duped IMO. He heal blocks either way but when he's awakened he's supposed to steal the health that the opponent would have gained had they not been heal blocked. It works kind of intermittently for me. Against the Goldpool EQ boss a few months back he was amazing and healed like a stud. But there are other times when he doesn't heal the right amount based on his sig stats even though he's applied the debuff. He's buggy and one of these days I'll get around to creating a YouTube account I guess but I wish Kabam would just investigate it already.
    If he really does Heal Block, as you say @CammonRo then oppenents shouldn't have numbers making it look like they are healing.
    Is not a heal block, is somethig like a health steal. Opponents need to gain HP in order for Doc oc to steal a portion of it.
    Still, they shouldn't be able to get HP back even with green numbers popping up
  • It is a heal block, what you’re seeing is due to mastery of another player. The heal block is of the healing of an ability, not mastery.
    It is a heal block, what you’re seeing is due to mastery of another player. The heal block is of the healing of an ability, not mastery.

Other champs with Heal Block prevent healing from Masteries. Why is Doc Ock different?
    Again, he does prevent healing from any source ...
    He blocks the healing and siphons a portion of it to his own HP. He just doesn't apply a heal block debuff
    Again, he does prevent healing from any source ...
    He blocks the healing and siphons a portion of it to his own HP. He just doesn't apply a heal block debuff

Sure looks like a Heal Block debuff in my previous picture above and the words "Heal Block" pop up onscreen.
    Sounds like mass confusion about this champ if you ask me.
    The icon there might just be a bug, I don't know. It does say in his abilities that after dup, his heal block debuff is replaced by direct damage and lifesteal, which basically it's the same thing against everyone (except if there is any indestructible ability), and it should work on debuff immune nodes also
    So if, when awakened, he doesn't actually do Heal Block but instead had more of a Health Steal, then the Heal Block debuff shouldn't appear. On top of that, it would be nice to see Life Steal or something if/when he does steal health a la Morningstar with 5 souls. That way players would know everything was working properly.